Tree of Savior Forum

Monk + diev or monk + priest (going for inquisitor)

Hello there.

I need to make a decision that will define my monk on the way to being an Inquisitor.

I see many recommendations on being monk + diev or monk + priest but I can not decide, and that is for lack of information on my part. My intention is to be a more aggressive monk without giving much support and focusing on content alone. (is it posible in some way)

I see obvious choices in monk + priest for buffs like blessing, monstrance (the high dex buff is great) or sacrament, and although the priest has been buffed these buffs are easily replaceable by those who are bought from the pardoners. Apart from this fact the other advantages like mass heal or resurrection to help a fallen comrade but I believe that at the same time it would not be worth wasting a circle being priest for highly replaceable buffs of pardoners and only for two more abilities.

On the other hand, I have the monk + diev option. I think the gameplay is fun, the warp statue its a nice advantage, Zemyna that reduces the cost of SP, wolrd tree with its silence, Laima for the reduction of CDs or even Carve Attack, however the ability that really caught my the attention from Diev is Carve Owl and nobody talks about it. As I said at the beginning I want to be a monk that prefers a gameplay more aggressive and carve owl as it seems that fits it but I do not find information, maybe something wrong with Carve Owl? The damage is mediocre? Bad scale at high levels? Is it useless is general gameplay?.

With that said, I would like to leave some questions.

• Is there any difference with the pardoners’ buffs and what I can give myself as a priest apart from its notorious duration? Are they generally worth it?

• Is it possible to include Carve Owl decently in the arsenal of inquisitor ? Maybe maxing it out?, and if not, it is possible to include the rest of the statues of Diev actively in the arsenal of the Inquisitor? Some secret interaction of the statues perhaps?

• I see that in some builds in cleric 2 many recommend maxing Divine Might and I do not see sense, since in any of its levels only it contributes 1 single extra point of ability.

I know that as monk >>>> inquisitor it is impossible to be 100% completely aggressive like other classes and the support to the rest of the group is something that the inquisitor has to provide at some time, but considering this I would like to know with all these doubts if it is possible Create an aggressive gameplay like I would like.

Thanks for answering my doubts, my monk and I will thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Warp statue saves you a couple hundred zeny . You lose lots of damage without Monstrance and Blessing as Monk.

-20% cooldown statue increases your DPS by a LOT.

Moonstrance can be scrolled and Blessing can be bought from a pardoner.
make a lvl 170 pardoner with 1 skill point in moonstrance and make yourself scrolls. aint hard

diev gives you sp regen, -20% cooldown, free teleport. all that in one circle, while you still benefit from pardonners and scrolls

I have 3 330 monks now.
well now only 1, but I have tested ALL THE BUILDS you can possibly think of with monk3 and monk2

my favorite ended up cleric3-diev1-monk3-inquisitor

here is performance while still cleric2-diev2-

and here is bossing in merc runs:

Sounds great, as I thought, but carve owl in circle 2? im still having a lot of douts about. Is worth it? i can play aggressive with it? or just i only need take 1 circle from diev?. Can you tell me you experience with carve owl?.

BTW, nice freaking DPS you have there, It’s exactly the same goal I want for my char.

Thinking about taking cleric1 priest2 diev1 monk3 inqui, even when you can buy blessings from pardoner they go away super fast with double punch, and i’d rather have my party perma buffed for all kinds of long term farming stuff we could do, also resurrection its very useful to have, however, it dont know if losing cleric 2 its that big of an issue(well safety zone its really dead at c1), fade feels useful and divine might, even when its useful, sometimes it think this skill its ok but not a must have, all in all im still dont know what to take, having that extra damage from bless even when not full SPR its still good if you take into account that all of your party members will be doing extra damage, oh well, maybe im just overthinking it.

Carve owl is not worth it for physical build anymore, in my opinion.

@nt.blanc you absolutely want cleric 2. For the safety zone attribute.

Another way u can go is cleric 2 priest 1 diev 1
But if you are not going priest 3 your blessing is going to be far less. Not to mention that you will need spr to make blessing good

Also if you are in party, you are not needed for buffs, you are there for damage. And heals+safety zone

Ya, only get priest 1 is dumb because the buffs will be really weak. Priest 3 + diev 1 is a nice pick up, stronger heals and safety. But paladins? They cannot fit in this equation, dont?

And finally, you have some build or data that you can share?

Yes, but it is all at home. And i wont be there untill 2 hours from now

If you are doing paladin. Cleric2 - diev1 - pala3 - monk1 - inqu is what i would do

Full str

Oh thnx, take you time mate. And no, im not gonna take paladin, im stick with the dex >> str build.

Hey mate, I was wondering whether monk 3 really makes too big a difference comapred to monk 2+ utility rank.

What’s your take in it, cant really seem to decide myself =D

i pick monk 3 for stronger finger flick and one inch puch for getting them at lvl 10. Both hit really hard at 10, also evade absolutely energy blast, because the damage is sad and does not compare to the nuke of breaking weel of inquisitor, or even finger flick or one inch punch.

• DEX isn’t as strong as you think. On end game most of your damage will come from God Smash so STR matters much more, even more if your weapon isn’t as good.

• Diev 1 is very good for ET DPS checks (the mobs won’t stop at the -20 MS) and ET 4/9s floors (-20MS will stop the mobs, if you don’t have invisibility in the party).

• Priest 1 is stellar for ET because of Ressurection; if you don’t plan on going hard on ET or you are sure you are going to have other priests in ther party, go for diev 2 or cleric 3 (I took a rank in Priest -just- for Ressurection)

• Monk 3 is definitely the way to go due to much more % factors on skills.

• Blessing almost won’t matter on higher PAtk levels.

• Divine Might is useful for extra heal tiles, 90% extra ATK multiplier on God Smash and as a very strong party utility. Don’t underestimate it.

2 Likes

thnx so much for you advises, im only need a build for check the things out.

Pretty much @ridelith summed it up.
If you have a good weapon then Dex > Str. and even then you have a ping-to-dex ratio you would want to figure out.
otherwise, it has to be balanced. or heavier str

for me it is exact 167 str and 200 dex (counting my gears and moonstrance scroll)

if you are planning to ET and need another priest > C2-diev1-priest1-monk3-inq.
if not for ET (or in my case we got 2 priests in there already) you have options.

Here are the builds I have tried:

monk3/inquisitors>
c1-priest1-diev1-sadhu1
c2-diev1-sadhu1
c2-priest1-sadhu1
c2-diev2
c3-diev2
c1-krivis3
c1-krivis1-diev1-priest1
c2-kriv2

monk2/inquisitors>
c2-priest2- -pd1-
c2-diev3
c3-p2
c2-p3

monk3 - not inquisitors>
c2-diev3-monk3
c2-diev2-monk3-oracle
c2-priest-pala-monk3-pd1 (inspired by that one video)

here are my observations (soloely on feel and just “some” numbers):
anything without inquisitor at the end does not have enough damage for ET (wheel and godsmash are mondatory for that)
anything without monk3 has noticably lower damage on DP (in my case it was around 3k a hit)

so now, krivis3, although nice STR boost and nice crit resistance negation, does not provide needed utility to me ( i know a guy who runs that build and happy with it though, i thought it was very gimicky)

c1-p1-d1-sadhu1 > this build was fun, but lack of safety zone attribute killed it
c2-p1/diev1-sadhu > super fun, very fun to out of body armor break, but lasts 3 seconds… not worth it.
out of body explosion hits hard, but not hard enough.

c2-diev2 and c3-diev1 > original c2-d2 was my build since may 2016. I love it, i enjoy it, but it is simply not worth it anymore, diev1 provides 90% of utility you get with diev2 (since silence is not needed that much anymore, and owls do near nothing now). Originally i was using a lot of carve attacks, but then again, there is a bug to use 3 of them at the same time, without abusing that it is useless, and I will not be using it no more, and i do not encourage anyone to use keyboard macroes, since this is too much of a grey zone.
so diev is left with 4 usefull skills for monk, sp regen, -20% cd, silence and teleports.

SP regen is nice at lvl 1 already ( since it doubles ticks for mana regeneration - twice as fast ticks )
-20% cooldown 100% uptime at lvl 5
teleport good at even level 1. so there is that
now, is it worth to take a whole circle for silence, or to get 5 more heal tiles, + guardian saint + 5 more charges of devine might? - i made my choice there.

priests fell off my build for 2 reasons: pardoners, and my ET party already has 2 ressurects. 3rd one although nice is not needed.

so there is my wall of text.

also here are MY PERSONAL NUMBERS on dex:

doing it this way (20 double punches with each set up) > recording a video while gradually increasing dex.)
and then counting how long it took.

20 DPs

no dex : 0:03 - 0:15 [12 sec]
50 dex : 0:25 - 0:36 [11 sec]
100 dex : 0:43 - 0:53 [10 sec]
150 dex : 0:57 - 1:07 [10 sec]
200 dex : 1:14 - 1:23 [ 9 sec]
250 dex : 1:34 - 1:43 [ 9 sec]
317 dex : 1:54 - 2:03 [ 9 sec]
367 dex : 2:08 - 2:17 [ 9 sec]

1 Like

Since my party doesnt have a main cleric/priest there’s no much choice but to go for Cleric2>priest1>diev1>monk3>inqui, i think that’s the best i can do, was a little bit worried about dropping priest for the extra heals from mass heal, but i guess i have to do it.

Thnx you so much for all the data, i made my choice. C3>D1>monk3>inq.

Happy hunting to all.

What about Cleric 2 Diev 1 Pala 1? Is Pala 1 really not worthy at all? Diev 2 or Cleric 3 is better?

diev handdown

20% damage on plant type monster

-cooldown, free warp, good attack skill (carve attack is really strong vs leather armor)

priest - non spr = weak blessing, res?? = just use soul crystal

monstrance isn’t good as it used to be, dex doesn’t provide critical rate, scroll is very cheap

Tell me again how your Soul Crystals are working on Earth Tower.

Pala 1 is more focused on PvP because of Smite knockback and RE only lasting a fraction of its CD at lvl 5.