Tree of Savior Forum

Monk c3 & Inquisitor Feedback

Hiho, i’ve been playing as c3 monk and inquisitor since both classes were available.
After May 16 update, i’ve noticed:

1. Monk’s
  • Double Punch skill is spending much Stamina, since our attack speed increased we can’t use it as much as before. If the intention is to limit Monks to flood Double Punch, just increase it’s damage.
  • Energy Blast has a beautiful design, but now has the lowest damage ever seen, it’s now merely ‘Aesthetics skill’.
  1. Inquisitor [EDIT on May 21]
  • Breaking Wheel has its damage drastically decreased. It’s one of the Cleric’s few AOE physical skills, and now it’s just dead. [Yeah, dudes here were right, Breaking well is fine, since it goal isn’t deal damage for it self]
  • Malleus Maleficarum had the same destiny as Breaking Wheel, it should scale (MORE) with INT

Yeah, energy blast.

I noticed that I dealt 600dmg per hit on a 312 mob in a mission(the blue mole mission). Thought I was seeing things at that time.

Make sure you grab the monk stamina attribute, it’s not a huge help, but every bit counts. And yeah dex’s atk speed is not very beneficial to monk. (just go str instead)

Energy Blast is definitely bugged, it seems to be doing almost half the dmg it should be doing.

Actually dex is very beneficial to Monks… Don’t know what your saying. Having faster rotation = higher DPS output. Dex also increases God Smash attack speed.

But yeah I don’t think “full dex” is needed anymore.

STR + DEX and abit of con I would say.

Do you have a ping so low you can’t complete a dps rotation even on an str build?

Because then I’d agree with you, but otherwise dex/str builds get the same amount of skill use in the same time due them being tied to stamina/cooldowns.

“dex/str builds get the same amount of skill use in the same time due them being tied to stamina/cooldowns.”

The same amount of skill use, yes. But the speed in which you can use it is equally as important when trying to burst down a boss. The more time you spent not bursting down the boss/monster, the more damage you take and some bosses have small windows of opening before they unleash an AOE attack which you must move away.

Its like, doing 10 punches within the span of 2 seconds for a dex build while a str build would have to do 10 punches in the span of 5 seconds.

Dex build is better if you are well geared. Just watch this video.

1 Like

Interesting, but you’re still jumping to conclusions.

Stamina wise he’s using: (see his latest vid btw)

• Buff (camp)? Not sure what he meant with that tbh.
  • Occasional Red Ox, gl with that. (untradable, event and rare drop.)
  • Condensed Stamina pills, since it restored over 80 stamina on use.
  • Arcane Energy scrolls to up the max stamina.
  • A map with tree crystals ofc.
    (The book buff is Yoghurt, is that still a hp recovery buff?)

He’s also using a custom hotkey to doubletap, not mousewheel, to achieve even greater attack speeds. Every bit helps I guess. Does imc mind hotkey shenanigans?

And ofc that’s on ktos servers, which are not guaranteed to be the same as our Itos potatoes.

You’d need to be pretty well geared and stocked to be able to pull of dex to such a degree. But dex is certainly more effective than I thought. But even he can’t tackle dungeons without using red oxes.(see: https://youtu.be/q2tl-yy9R3Y)

No idea why his red ox lasts that long though… melstis perhaps? kriv3monk3 niche?

He is not kriv3 he is c1-priest2-pala-monk3-PD

anyway.

I am running a monk3. even with leather set. it does not run out of stamina that fast. Usually CD on stamina pill is faster then the use of full stamina bar (mind it i Have around 70 stamina though)

the point of the Wheel is not its damage, but its ability to spread damage from other skills.
Maleus was always taken for debuff only anyway. so I am unsure what the problem is there
God Smash is VERY STRONG
Pears are meh, but at least lvl 1 is enough to have something vs magic monsters

He’s using red ox, an item that has a 10m duration and a 10m cooldown. Yet his buffs far exceed that number.
The only way I know off achieving that is via Melstis, but I haven’t tried it. (Will do that tomorrow, out of resets)

Hence I mentioned that. not indefinately, not sure what’s going on.

about his red ox, he must have being using it in the squire camps, since it doubles the buffs duration and it must work with red ox as well, (until some patches ago it was also working with exp tomes it seems since imc released a fix for it as well. )

now about the thread the point is; at long run once you have enough weapon (higher trans and so on) the damage given by str is far too low to even compare the damage given by the aspd in those cases, at low level set-equips str will have a fair stronger benefit than at higher level equips and this is why monks-qs who gain bonus from aspd only add str for accuracy and nothing more.

1 Like

I found pure STR more reliable high damage. Dex felt terrible for me. I’m sure the ones who made it look good had 100% perfect god tier no-lifer equipment or something that I wont have for a long time. Plus you have to use Priest and Leather armor to get the absolute most out of it, which will give you less Stamina and extremely boring Priest skills. I went pure STR and started doing far greater damage w/o worrying about RNG crits or equipment.

1 Like

I don’t think he has fully god tier gear tbh. But it’s pretty good for sure.

Not to mention he needs to use rare items like Red Ox to outright gain unlimited stamina for large areas without tree crystals.

With tree crystals, arcane energy scrolls, condensed stamina pills and quite good gear he can manage in other maps though. But it’s expensive ofc.

Either way that benefit for dex won’t be noticable till level 315.

All monks should benefit from that hotkey trick he used as well:

Simply replace [UpScp=“NONE”] with [UpScp=“QUICKSLOTNEXPBAR_EXECUTE(x)”] where x is the number of the button. (see: http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=4185&name=subject&keyword=단축키&l=6314)

Which is essentially you activating that skill/attack on each press and release of said button. Just spam it as usual, and you should see a faster atk speed due to it.

But I can’t quite say how much dex we’d need or benefit from with that trick, I need to wait till resets for that and it is quite different depending on one’s latency.

Not to mention that I have no idea what the GM’s stance on the latter part is. It’s not a 3rd party program technically, but it does provide an in-game advantage.

1 Like

Ehh, I don’t like having to rely on gimmicks/exploits like that. The class should be able to be good without it and I’ma just stick with pure STR XD Not that I’m telling anyone not to, I don’t really care.

Is 315 the next gear range? I’m 301 at the moment and can’t find anything useful and just using an upgraded Suncus Maul, Karacha Dagger and Roxona stuff. Lv.1 God Smash does like 20-25k~

Its not a gimmick or exploit. Its just a QoL adjustment to whats already available in the first place in the steam ToS folder.

I use this hotkey edit so a single key press is equivalent to 2 (press and release)

Of course you can choose not to use this hotkey adjustment. You will just have to mash your hotkey so fast like a maniac.

You know what is wierd…

C2 P2 MnK3 right now and giving SPR due to bless gives by far more dmg to all my skills than STR increase.

Each 10 str got me around 80dmg per hit in DP (from 50 str to 100 used points, increasing each time with 10 points).

Each 10 SPR gave me almost 110dmg per hit, some more def from aspersion use (not much, but still something more than just str), more sp…

Anyone got alrdy if there is an STR cap where you can’t get more than raw patk from it?

str/int have no cap.

And if spr is dealing more dmg then that means your atk is too low and mobs def reduce too much of the dmg.
With proper gear (4-5k atk) int & str should outpace spr for most skills. (But it depends on skill factor ofc, ideally it should be above 125%)

Im only 252 on the char testing, my atk is only 1200 :frowning:

If you’re fighting 1k defense mobs you should be dealing with a close to 70% dmg reduction, so yes that would explain it.

spr’s bonus dmg is never reduced, which is quite nice while leveling. But once you get a 4-5k atk weapon it’s less stellar. (Though an spr build can do fine without.)

@wolfdoggie 315 is the level requirement for the next best weapons and for most of the game.
Only solmiki is better with a gear requirement of 330 but those are tons harder to get.

I wonder if it’s worth upgrading/staging the weapons for that 200-315 segment…

I dunnoz but this is what it comes to. My dagger isn’t upgraded but not sure if that matters much.

I would like to know about daggers too. Dagger or shield? Like does dagger even affect the damage of double punch?

As for stats.

I am currently testing 50con, 100dex and rest into str…

Trying to find the perfect balance.

Not sure if 50con is necessary though.

Might even consider going for a SPR build? But no idea how a SPR monk would work.

The problem with monk is the 1st 4 ranks are all support skills. Cleric2, Priest2 which str, dex and con doesn’t scale with.

1 Like