Tree of Savior Forum

Monk c3 & Inquisitor Feedback

Only the added property atk works on monk skills, the daggers base dmg is useless for monks.

And additional property dmg isn’t affected by skill modifiers or enhance, so it’s a negligible dmg bonus anyway.

A high con shield is decent, that or grab something with 2-3 sockets for red/green gems or so.

Spr monk is cleric1/priest3/monk3, and it lacks healing. Besides, monk scales better off str anyway and a cleric2/priest2/monk3 still gets res+revive+mass heal and heal10.

1 Like

I have seen someone play a Cleric3>Priest3>Chaplain>Inquisitor… Full SPR, what do you think of this build compared to a Monk3>Inq? Can it do comparable damage to a well geared Monk3>Inq?

The blessing scaling is insane. And if we use full ellaganos card for 100dex, it would give us increased auto attack speed, add maybe 50 or 100str for accuracy god smash as well.

Monkquisitor is INSANELY strong now.

Mine is rolling on:

• 99 dex(160 final with monstrance) rest str (310 final str with loloplate set)
  • +11 Vienarazis trans 5 with 2 lvl 7 Red Gems
  • Hitting 4k-5k phys atk (still missing 185 from shield gem, wich is still green)
  • 8 lvl 10 Glass Moles
  • Lvl 50 all atrib

With those specs, wich aren’t particularly ground breaking, I’m hitting:

• 20-30k total DP dmg with good ASPD (4ish DP/sec?) w/o moles
  • 300-350k God Smash on fully debuffed enemy with Glass Moles (about 2m damage on wheel combo)
  • 100-150k Flick, 80-100k One Inch w/o moles
    (all tested on 290 boss, Saalus bosses, 320 hg mobs, etc)

I’m outdpsing my elememe friends with better weapons left and right.

2 Likes

Also for people having Stamina issues:

There is no way, without Red Ox, you won’t have stamina issues soloing dungeons. On fields it’s much easier to maintain the Stamina meter because of stamina trees.

To help out in situations you don’t have stamina trees available, try out:

• Arcane Energy lvl 5 Scrolls, increases by 25 max Stamina, costs 3k silver to make with a pardoner-oracle and can have the duration extended up to 90 minutes when used next to a Base Camp.
  • Alchemist Pills, very expensive to craft (1.5k ish per pill), use only on emergencies when shop pill is on CD.

How many CON do you have?

I also plan to maybe cap my dex at 100 or 150, con at 50 and all into STR.

Do you think 10x ellaganos is better choice than 10x glassmole? For more consistency, faster atk speed and less dex to invest means more pts into STR or CON.

Invested 0 Con. I hit 40k HP even with 0 Con becaude of Vienarazis Mace and Lionhead Shield, wich give awesome Con bonuses, and 2 red gems lvl 6 on loloplate pants. Hats only give phys atk and all the other gem don’t give Hp either. My phys def and mdef are both around the 2.6k mark with all armor items on +6, I barely care about damage taken even on ET and fantasy library.

Glass Moles are way, WAY better than Ellaganos. Moles just double your wheel combo, so it basically doubles your boss and main AoE damage. Ellaganos would represent a 80 dex stat save. I’d trade 80 str anytime for 8 more glass moles, so yeah don’t go Ellaganos.

1 Like

Scaling is really good, but flattens. I can easily outdamage my Chaplain build with a monk version. Chaplain is more for support than for your own DPS, damage wise it only looks really good when not using good equipment. With good equipment (or, in my case, a +11 Viena) Monk is much, much better for damage.

@ridelith - Wheel combo would just be god smashing the wheel?

Double Punch debuff > Flick and Hand Knife debuffs > Wheel > Proc Glass Mole > 3x God Smash > resume double punch during the remaining wheel duration.

That combo looks downright disgusting. In a good way :slight_smile:

Ah maybe that’s why… I don’t have a good weapon… Only using a 5 hammer with 5 lvl5 red gems… :frowning:

Do you add any pts into hand knife and palm? Mind sharing your build on https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner ? Thanks!

Currently on phone, but by memory its

Cleric2
Priest 1
Diev 1 (Cd reduction on god smash and wheel)

Monk 3 with:
15 Double Punch
8 Hand knife
1 Palm push
10 One Inch
1 Energy Blast
10 God Finger Flick

Inquisitor with:
5 God Smash
5 Wheel
1 Pears
4 Malleus

Sorry something wrong with the forum was unable to edit my post before you replied. Last question… Which armor type do you use? Plate or Leather?

Lolopanther full Plate set, 2 Dhrag Bracelets and max Petamion. Hats give each 100-120 phys dmg and some negligible other stats (matk, sp, etc).

Have you thought of switching to leather and go with more dex, less str instead? With great gear like yours, you seem to benefit more from dex. Much faster rotations.

I’ve considered it but I’m not really buying the crit hype. I don’t wanna invest tons into crit and increase the crit rate from 15 to 30% while majorly sacrificing defensive stats. Leather is a good option for classes that have intrinsic crit mechanics like Hoplites, Archers etc. I predict people will soon realize crit isn’t great nowadays, hopefully I’ve sold my last sissel till then.

Higher dex won’t help me - I have an average of 80-100ms ping. 160 dex is already a tad much for that, any more and it’d be a waste.

I definately like Your build sir, i was c2d2m3inq till the patch and leaving the diev for p2 was hurting me!
I am currently trying a bunch of other builds, but i’ll definately end up with m3inq
I was just staring to farm for the sissel beside the crit rate the patk seemed nice
If not the sissel what bracelet which would you raccomend? Is dhrag the only One worth it?

Dhrag is definitely a good option, but you can still use Rhevisans and they will outperform Dhrags in certain scenarios. Phadas and Glads are also worth noting (prefer glads) because of the AoE attack ratio wich could be useful for farming.

For now I’m sticking with dhrags but I’m still open for change.

Hey @Ronteque! Been a while! I see you’re reviving your Cleric, good for you man.:slight_smile: Incidentally, C3>P3>Chap>Inq is the build I’m chasing now (only R7), and I can say it’s good, but I also echo @Zefiris when he says that it has a bit of a support flavor to it. Recalling your preference though (Agi Monk of RO wasn’t it?), you’d be happier either with either a full DEX or STR-DEX C2>P2>M3.

Oh and Rhevisans are insanely hard to come by nowadays as nobody’s figured out where the Anti-Dark Bracelet (mind you, not the Broken one) drops anymore.

Just my 2 cents.:wink:

Hey @Kertes! I’m sorry but I have been away from the game and the forum for so long that I had forgotten how I got to know you! :sweat_smile:

Yes, between my swordsman (previously catagoon) and cleric (previously pala3-monk1), I have finally decided to main the cleric now that Monk is made more fun and coincidentally inquisitor is equally fun and a strong class! I just got to R8 and tried out god smash. Holy moly all the strike debuffs from monk + god smash is so much damage!

I am also going to reset my swordie into a squire to support my monk with food buffs and passive income from repairs. So all is good!

I am going C2>P2>Monk3>Inq yes and I already tried out full/high dex and it didn’t seem to work out well. Cleric doesn’t have any skills that innately boost crit rate so all that crit attack goes to waste.

Attack speed from dex also seem to have some kind of soft cap. The biggest difference is between 0 - 150 dex. More than that, the attack speed you gain is minimal so I am still testing where to cap my dex at.

Con I’ll probably go with 50 or 0. More to strength even though I am still not fairly certain will more dex or str be better in the long run.

1 Like