Tree of Savior Forum

Monk build path help

Hey guys I’m a returning playing. I had quit before R8 even came out. I have been trying to map out my build, and would like to get some feedback. This is what I have planned so far http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/5ggipp1mp3/ I have no idea what to do for R8, but that is my build so far
As for stats I’m aiming for 50 ish con, 100 ish dex, and the rest str. That seems like what most people are agreeing too anyways. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated! Ty

fixed this for you:

resoning:
God Finger Flick is insane damage
Energy Blast is bad damage.
Golden Bell shield helps to avoid being one shotted by some boss mechanics and pvp

Stat wise you do not really need CON. since all end game gear gives a loads of it.

I am 100 str rest DEX. It does nice damage. check out other monk threads there are tons of videos

Oh really I have only ever used lvl 1 flick I’ll try it out. And Inquisitor is the way to go for rank 8?

Yes. God smash is super strong. + Breakung wheel attribute makes your hits huge aoe for 10 seconds

As of right now I’m only monk 2 and have no good aoe so I’m keeping EB until I hit rank 8. I’m also not really liking the dex build. I don’t do a lot of damage and I really don’t crit often enough to make it worth while.

Going hight dex makes sense only at around 3k physical attack. Before then, it kind of weak

oh yeah im no where near that. i am only lvl 220

I don´t really like Priest in a Monk build, even Full DEX. You can buy monstrance scrolls, Mass heal don´t replace Heal, it ´s not good enough, even at lvl 10. You can buy Buffs for longer times. Resu can be replaced for soul crystals ( 4 TP in the TP SHOP, you are given 5 TP every day). The only really good skill is Revive but is a bit annoying when you want to focus on DPS.

I would choose between this two:

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#41177999g.1a213a5564.113a5565.2f31415a78.41657584

Or Cleric 3> Pala/Diev> Monk3> Inquisitor

Cleric 2 is obligatory in every build, Diev 2 for -20 cooldown, -30 speed duration, Silence and Teleport. You can pick between Carve or SP statue (I never use carve once I reach monk)

Monk doesn´t change much, EB now is weak (I hope IMC change it) Doble Punch your main attack while the other skills are on cooldown. One inch punch and GFF do a reasonable damage and good debuffs.

Inquisitor is almost the only Rank 8 class to pick.

what is your stat distribution with this path ?
is 100 str full dex will do ?

DEX 100-150, full STR. Is better to hit Harder than faster. Full DEX you consume your stamina before you kill anything and is ping depending.

1 Like

Here a DEX path if you have a good ping
Cleric C1 / Priest C2 / Pala C1 / Monk C3 / Plague Doctor C1

I have changed a few things, but not a lot. This is the build i ended up sticking with: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/perqh28mwk/ . As for stats i went 130str 50 con and the rest into dex. I’m liking this a lot, and i watched a lot of bamboo’s youtube videos. I can’t get to the same speed he uses double punch, but i don’t have his kinda gear too. with monsterance i have like 300+ dex atm

@Ryuji
See that… hope it helps.

i don’t quite agree with that guys build or decisions. after doing some playing around with builds i think dex is better and you should use leather armor over plate. im currently using 3 pc leather and 1pc plate (boots for stam). solmiki leather has the stam bonus and a lot more damage / stat insrease

its better if u do around 100 dex+
do C2Diev2Monk3Inquisitor
The rest is str
stack a lot of crit rate armors if you dont think u have enough go green gem at the end.
Priest 2 = support earth tower, monstrance which u could scroll. (this is 50 pve/50pvp)
Diev 2 = Silence and movement speed against monster, SP for Inquisitor SP drain, Warp for party. (75pve/20pvp
Cleric 3 = more Heal, more skill 1+, I dont know what guardian saint does
Go Full HG 290/315 HG leather
Vienarazis = dmg/Pevordimas = crit rate
Either is fine unless ur full str go vienarazis

Priest 2
Blessing sucks, the one from the shop is better/aspersion is the same because doesnt scale % anymore? tf cares about sacrament?

Was Golden Bell fixed? No matter what level, it used to hav the same effect as in level one.

Raising bell’s level reduces the cool down.

@Chuse I do not like diev monk at all. i think c2p2m3inq1 is the best pve monk build. i also think priest is better for pvp as well. Revive, mass heal, and res are huge skills

Hello, I am confusing about equipment now, and hope you give me direction. Can i choose leather? Which ring do you recommend? Thank you.

My main Monk:

Cleric 3 > Krivis 2 > Monk 1 > Druid 1 > Plague Doctor 1 > Inquisitor

My Next Monk:

Cleric 1 > Priest 3 > Chaplain > Monk 1 > Plague Doctor 2

It real.

Since my focus is to get the most patk I can from STR and red gems to max the output damage, I won’t use any of the required itens that crit. So, I prefer plate set with 2 phada rings for the total AoE Attack Ratio +2.

You can go for leather, but to crit at least a little you will need all your main weapons / offhand gems to be green rank 7, a offhand dagger that gives critical rate, and 2 sissel rings.