Tree of Savior Forum

Mod is out of control

Dear IMC @STAFF_John @STAFF_Ethan

According to the Mod Features: http://tosmod.com/

The other features that I will not mention are acceptable at the moment as they are affecting only the individual player which do not disturb other users.
However, the following feature

Channel Surfer – no confirmation box when switching channels. Buttons to switch channels left/right quickly.

This quick changing channel creates the advantage in Guild War, Battle ground, Grinding and Farming item. Where, the opponent can change channel very fast.
The regular player who do not use the Mod can not follow as fast as the Mod user forcing us no choice but have to install the mod as well.

I personally think MODs make the game become too convenience which is good but it does not come with the game itself and is not the game content.

If IMC would allow the MODs, please make them legit and include features with the game patch or so. Or say no and restrict all MODs.

Please do something with the Mod. Take control of it

Thank you

5 Likes

Or maybe, fix the super delayed responses to every button push in the game.

6 Likes

Are you serious man ?
People nowaday, all time trying to make an escuse for everthing.

4 Likes

people really do fine the littlest things to complain about like srsly and that inb4 they ban the mod and now u cant use anything this is y we cant have good things. i use this mod and i dont even use the channel suffer thing like wow

4 Likes

Why there isn’t a buttom to report a troll topic?

lol. I thought anything big because of the topic. Such “big” deal from the mod! Wao… “Quick switching channel isn’t fair! Awww =( they switch channel faster than me!” LOL~ seriously this is a troll post yet so funny by showing how dumb ur point is.

You can make a topic complaining of the fact people can change channels in middle of battle. That’s a valid point and even I use (and abuse) it to save myself from certain death situations in PvE (such as being perma-frozen by those loftlem in main chamber). I’ve never used it in PvP cause I don’t PvP myself but I can imagine how annoying it can be.

So yes, you can ask for a delay to make players unable to change channel / use warp stone / close game during battle mode.

But complaining about the addon that removes the confirmation window for changing channels is plain riddiculous.

5 Likes

If an “advantage” of .02 seconds determines a win or a loss then I highly suggest you review your team play.

“Channel Surfer” only removes the confirmation pop-up (see “confirmation of destructive actions” alert/pop-up conventions) and, if you can move your mouse with any level of dexterity, only saves a fraction of a second as the user can already quickly change channels by navigating to the accept button location via motor-memory.

Although the rest of your topic does indirectly bring up a valid point; addons have the potential to snowball. Give an inch, take a mile kind of rationale. Until a line is drawn there is no line (if that makes sense). Unfortunately though that point has already been raised and, as I should know, I was the one to raise it.

Again though, for emphasis, no, channel surfer does not offer any real advantage. Just like how exp-calculator does not offer any real advantage just because it saves the user the time of having to manually track his exp bar every hour to see the rates he is getting. Just like how lkchat doesn’t offer any real advantage because the user doesn’t have to stop battle and right click and block every spammer every minute or suffer fps stutters due to the flood of spam packets. And just like how an exp card calculator doesn’t offer any real advantage just because it can, with a single click, show you the totals of your exp cards without you having to browse to an external site or manually add them all yourself.

These are what the community, players, and even development thus far have labeled as conveniences. Until IMC says otherwise that’s exactly all they are as they do not:

• Exploit code to offer advantage (free silver, free exp, quests that can be abused etc)
  • Exploit or add functionality that breaks gameplay (infinite hp/sp/stam, increased range on attacks, increased movespeed, teleporting/waypoint recalls, etc)
  • Stray too far from the original vision of the game (vanilla with enhancements but not mkaing new classes/skills/monsters etc etc)

In short most everything thus far is no more than greater UI customization, with the exception of a few that just make things better or more convenient like the exp tracker, exp card calculator, etc. Yes; this includes channel surfer.

As always, PVP criebabies tryint to ruin the game for the rest of us, go play some shitty moba and leave it be!

Channel changing shouldn’t be allowed if player “is in combat”, period.

3 Likes

Your problem seems to have more to do with channel-swapping and less to do with mods.

There should definitely be some sort of restrictions on channel-swapping. Either what @i_Hub suggested, where you can’t change channels while in combat, or what several other people have suggested across the forums - add a long delay after changing channels before you can change again.

Also …buy me a better pc cause my channel switching is slow compared to some. :smiley:

Any type of mod should be banned, modification in the original game files = 1 week ban