Tree of Savior Forum

Mobile Wizard classes?

Fellow Wizards, I hope you can help!

I have a few questions about classes and abilities that I haven’t been able to find answers for yet, specifically around mobility and casting.

I don’t need to OMGWTF numbers of Elementalists, and their cast times/cooldowns put me off the class altogether. I’m looking for something that can consistently pump out damage on the move, while having the tools to kite and control my enemies effectively.

I plan to play in a small group, sometimes solo and also do a little PvP. So ideally I want to have a build that allows for plenty of mobility, some control and damage.

1. What Wizard classes have abilities that can be cast on the move/instant cast? I heard that at high enough ranks certain casted spells can be instant cast but deal less damage, so perhaps this is all I’m after.

2. Does a Psychokino’s teleport just randomly move you somewhere, or can you control the direction?

3. Can you jump-shot with abilities to cancel animations? I played a Ranger in Aion and jump-shotting was bread & butter for that class. You had to jump and cast the ability in the air to cancel the animation, allowing you to travel the distance of the jump but still use the ability. Is this possible in ToS too?

That’s all I have for now, but I’m sure I’ll think of others. Appreciate any help/answers I can get.

wiz3 can get a quickcast spell which lowers cast time/removes completely and chronomancer gets an attack speed buff and movement speed buff

Several skills such as the bolt charge skills let you move while you cast. Animation locks can usually be canceled as well, aka step dancing for dancers in ro. Works the same mostly,

So with quick cast I can reduce it far enough to make some spells instant? I thought at best it would just reduce it to half.

Cast while moving is great, I assume you’re talking about energy bolt, ice bolt, fireball, etc?

Thanks for the quick responses!

Fireball is an almost instantly cast but if your animation gets broken by a monster it breaks the whole cast. But it’s easy to get a feel for it. Ice wall and fireball are affected by your melee attack as well.

Unles you’re talking about moves that you can cast without even stopping for a second

skills like warlock’s dark thurge that surround you, invocation allows dead mobs to spawn more balls but im not sure if its your cup of tea.
We also have flesh hoop from Necromancer that also surrounds you and deals damage to nearby enemies. If you count summons as mobile damage Necromancer’'s shoggoth and skeletons could count, same goes for Sorcere’s weak Salamion and Grimoire.
Fireball could work but the balls stay in one spot unless you smack it
Snow rolling definitely counts because you move while you do damage but it has a long cast time(lv5 takes 5seconds)

You can control Teleport using arrow keys in keyboard mode (I’m not sure what the other control modes require, but it’s likely to be whatever are the hotkeys for moving).

All good options, I’ll take a look at the skill calculator and see what suits my style :slight_smile:

I guess wizard doesn’t get anything like archer does with pure instant cast. I can live with it though, I’m done with archers… caster all the way.

Good to know about teleport. I think psycho1 will be very useful for kiting, and probably near impossible to catch if paired with cryo3 and the freezes.

Thanks all!