Tree of Savior Forum

Mob Density / Mob Spawn Rates

I should NEVER run half of an entire map and not find a single mob.

This needs to be fixed. Players should be able to grind on any map and wherever they want with constant mobs to be killed, not a specific 1-2 zones per level group. (Bees/demon prison for 150+, etc)

I’m only level 177 and the zones I’m questing in take way too long to complete a 10 monster kill quest due to 2-3 other people doing the same quest and there only being 5 mobs.

I know there are plenty of other forum topics speaking on this same subject, but it needs to be addressed constantly until recognized and fixed.

7 Likes

I’ve seen plenty of videos talking about the same thing and it worries me, I don’t really want to play a game that just involves a ton of walking. This game is supposed to be about grinding out a ton of mobs not finding a handful and waiting :expressionless:

Seconded.
This game needs more viable grind spots (across many different levels, too).

That, or lose the dungeon/mission limit.

up for this, by the F2P comes. there will be more players than mobs.

Spawn rate just needs to be set back to what it was in iCBT2.

Challenge: Kill 7 damn chupacabras
Just to show how horrible is the gap between spawn waves:

1 Like

and that’s still low level, it’s even worse higher up :expressionless:

2 Likes

It’s just an alt, my main is an SR. :sob:
But this time the AMD Raptr was automatically recording it, so I could save this clip to argument :slight_smile:

Oh, the video’s perfect, just reinforces what’s wrong considering it just gets worse from there

Here’s a level 179 map, Laukyme Swamp.

I found about 2 mobs in a roughly 1/4th walk of the map. Terrible.

https://vid.me/IZo6

edit: Oh yeah, and there was nobody else in that entire section of the map.

1 Like

Anyone from staff reading this topics? This is a really big issue here

1 Like

You can only imagine grinding at higher levels. In Alemeth Forest for example. Three parties in the same channel sharing mobs that have very low spawn rate. You get 1% for every 5 mobs if youre around 210-215, and that’s if the exp is not shared with other parties. And you’re supposed to grind here from 210-225ish? It’s just hell. I don’t want to think about grinding past 225.

Another thing is that not everyone can no-life. How can you expect players to enjoy this game if all they do is grind? At least 15% of the players will quit once they hit the wall. Another 15% will just stop playing because it’s too repetitive. 40% will start a new character. And the remaining 30% are either the no-lifers or the ones that think, “I’ve come too far to stop now.” As for me, I’m part of the 40%.

I’m not new to Korean MMOs. I’ve done my share of grinding, but this amount of grinding is insane. The mob density and spawn rates are not for a game that revolves around grinding. I hope that it gets fixed.

@STAFF_John @Staff_Julie

2 Likes

2pid quest ever 30min now keep chg channel nobody else except me for doing that 12mobs quest