Tree of Savior Forum

MMO without a assassin way? archer rework?

It’s the first MMO that I’ve ever played that has no assassin class.
And for you to experience a similar game experience, you have to create an archer to gain access to skills that make this gameplay possible.
But in this case you will face an extreme hatred of other players because in this game currently everything requires full area damage.

Archer is a range classes of physical damage, fragile but exploiting to deal distance damage as their advantage. This is the basics of gameplay that should keep to the end.

It’s a blasphemy for archers to use dagger skills, invisibility, backstab, poison…
Also it is extremely strange to see a magician tanker, controller and DPS.

They should rebalance not only classes of archers, becoming archers of truth, but also all other classes. Stating clearly its advantages and disadvantages. THERE IS NO CLASS THAT EXECUTE ALL POSITIONS AND FUNCTIONS.

One last observation … Character customization is the most precarious one I’ve ever seen.

edgelords need to be eliminated

4 Likes

“Oh no ! The game is different ! This is not okay !”

Assassins are a great mmo archetype but here is the thing , can it be made as a starter class in ToS? You’d need to create 20 other classes based on the assassin archetype. Reason why we don’t have merchants here.

There are 2 assassin’s in ToS , the shinobi and the Scout-Rogue , they might later on the line add more, maybe one that uses 2 katar as a weapon and so on. Any assassin archetype you can think off can either fit into the archer tree or the swordsman tree. Since they are not so different on their own to become their own tree imc decided not to make it. They said it in one of the earliest interviews as that was a concern of players back then.

I understand your opinion. But I ask you, for those who as soon as I decide to “simulate” their assassins here will suffer harsh criticism and offenses from other players. “■■■■ the build” … retarded … etc …

But, shinobi is shinobi … archer is archer … It is a huge mistake that decision, and sincerely hope that in the near future rethink about it.

Dream…

ehem… shinobi >|3

kinna racist if you don’t acknowledge the class as an assassin class despite their critical capabilities and stealth

plus, versatility is the game’s selling point, taking that out would make it just another MMO D:

whoooat? an archer that uses knives? preposterous!!!

you also fail to point out that everything comes with a price, where a tanky wiz wouldnt be as dps as a wiz that was built for dps

i mean, i don’t even play wiz classes in most games, and this is one of the few that i enjoy being a wiz

also, if there’s anything people should know about wizard classes is that gandalf wields a sword

and also ride a horse as a tank OwO

now, if we’re going to the proper term usage of “assassin” where it can be derived from either keepers of the nizari faith, or hashish users. i think the teen rating would have to change due to its radical extremist ideals for vengeance as intended by the grand master, as well as substance abuse OwO

i mean, i think it’s the same reason why there’s no crusader class in this game ‘w’;;

While templar classes exists, crusaders are tied to a more specific identity similar to assassins that not all templars are crusaders, likewise that not all nizaris are assassins

now if devs were to include assassins, it would have been toned down to the a swordsman class called nizari fidai, or a cleric class called isma’ilist

regardless of what mmo you play (or life in general), there will always be rude people and not-so-smart peeps. using that as a reason is kind of like cherry picking if you ask me, and to heart in their not-so-smart rants would make one less smarter than them

i mean, i have a 9 circle 1 class rank 9 swordie and i never had that experience, but of course i wouldn’t use that to claim “everyone likes my rainbow build”

This game has an “Assassin”-Class, it’s called Zealot.

Assassins are religious fanatics that murder people from the “shadows” (i.e. by hiding their weapons and real intentions, not their presence).
The other MMORPGs all do it wrong, and TOS did it right, putting the “Assassin” on the Cleric tree.

Scouting/stealth/etc. have nothing to do with assassinating people. It’s just a misinterpretation/wet dream of game developers.
In fact, assassination more than often is done in broad daylight.

btw, creating an actual “Assassin”-branch is just stupid. Asassins by default were usually killing themselves after eliminating their targets. So why would you want to play a Class that kills itself shortly after the enemy?

Did you forget that TOS,in contrast to most genric MMORPGs has a historical focus when it comes to Class creation? Because of that alone it’s impossible to separate assassination from the Cleric tree, since both Jewish and Islamic assassination was always linked to&caused by religious fanaticism.

If you want the stealth-theme, you go for Scout, if you want the dagger&backstabbing theme you go for Rogue, for poisoning you go for Wugushi and if you want the religious origins of assassination, you go for Zealot.

2 Likes

but asriel, the fidai do use covert operations aside from being religious nu~ peeps ‘w’;;