Tree of Savior Forum

Minion master build - will this work?

Hello folks, I want to build a minion master mage for both PvE and PvP, not looking to the best ever but I also don’t to play something with no future.

So,

• wizz3 so I can cast the huge necro skills and for 50% damage ofc.
  • Thaumaturge for max stats with transpose, could also go for linker/cryo here.
  • Sorcerer to get two more minions.

Some questions:

• Quick cast affects summons damage ?
  • Sorcerer C1 is it worth it ?
  • Will this build work ?

Thanks.

U have enough fps? Hahahahah

1 Like

where do you download some?

The current meta builds for necros are:
Wiz3>Link1>Sorc1>Necro3
Wiz3>Link2>Necro3
Wiz3>Kino2>Necro(?)
Wiz>Cryo3>Sorc1>Necro3

The first two are more PvE oriented while the latter two are for PvP. I can see your build being viable but… difficult later on. I advise you to drop thaumaturge for linker C1 because thaumaturge doesn’t really solve the problems inherent to necro. Flesh Cannon has a pretty small target area and the skeleton minions have a tendency to spread out their attacks when they encounter mobs. Linker rectifies both of these issues by simply spreading damage to more targets.

If you want to have an easier solo PvE experience (while being a stronger support), go for the second build instead. Linker is a future-proof class that is pretty much guaranteed to stay relevant.

• Quick cast affects summons damage ?
    No, INT determines your summon damage as opposed to m.atk. This is true for Summoning, Salamion, Shoggoth, as well as the skeletons. QC does influence Summon Familiar damage though.

• Sorcerer C1 is it worth it ?
    It’s my contention that sorc C1 is probably the best choice for a DPS oriented necro. Summoning provides a consistent source of damage while Summon Servant synergizes incredibly well with Flesh Cannon (+5 AoE attack ratio). The summon AI may be stupid but you can easily adjust to their behavior and it always leaves the possibility of doubling back for Sorc C2 if everything at R9 is abysmal to be a true minion master.

• Will this build work ?
    Yes, but I can imagine it being difficult to go through higher level content. Transpose won’t really bring enough to the table. You’re missing out on huge chunk of necro’s damage potential by neglecting linker; this is especially true in light of the new C3 dirty pole attribute that will allow you to link bosses to it.

I have no real experience with PvP so I can’t advise you on that but based on the popular PvP necro paths, what your build is missing is some form of CC to allow you to nuke people with Flesh Cannon or let your minions mow them down.

I also can’t see your skill point distribution in that build. Is that intentional?

Thanks alot, really helpfull.

And I didn’t put any skill points cause I don’t know the best distribution yet.

About the last two builds:

• is kino 2 (magnetic force) enough CC to land flesh cannon ?
  • Going for cryo3 instead of wiz3 gives alot of utility, but will it make up for the huge loss in dps (in PvE) ?
  • is kino 2 (magnetic force) enough CC to land flesh cannon ?

Yes, that combo is what the entire build is based on. Magnetic Force + a QC’d Flesh Cannon is enough to one shot pretty much anyone caught in it. There are often quite a few necros ranked highly on the PvP boards.

• Going for cryo3 instead of wiz3 gives alot of utility, but will it make up for the huge loss in dps (in PvE) ?

Yes and No? It really depends on your preferences. Cryo3 can function as a “better linker” in PvE situations by grouping together extremely high density mobs so you can target them easily with Flesh Cannon. However, your DPS towards bosses/high level mobs will be noticeably worse without Quick Cast. Cryo3 will give you the flexibility to do well in PvP, solo reasonably without linker, and be a stronger support in dungeons. But at the same time, Flesh Cannon loses a lot of its potency and becomes much slower to cast. You also become much more burst oriented given Frost Pillar’s high CD.

I also recently came across another interesting PvP necro build that substitutes sorc with kino. I view this as a pure PvP build but the Ice Wall+PP combo can also have applications in PvE bossing/mob destruction.