Tree of Savior Forum

Miko Spirit Collection is Developers' way to troll players

[Warning] This is a rant.

Geez developers, can you absolutely not do anything about this? Are you happy that you troll players trying to do this quest? Let me give you a list, which I’m pretty sure you’re already aware, but I am doing nonetheless just to have you sink this in:

1. Gender bending (for male toons) just to gain access to your stupid quest;
  2. 2.5 hours of endless clicking for that Orsha spirit;
  3. Having players wait for 5 to 30 mins (could be more) just to be vigilant enough to spot your stupid Manahas spriit;
  4. Again waiting just for that elusive Klaipeda spirit to appear;
  5. Forcing players to compete against each other to camp out for the spirit (Pelke Shrine and Uskis); and
  6. Punishing players by denying them the spirit and having them redo the waiting/killing of mobs just to get another shot at getting the spirit (DP and Crystal Mine).

In case you haven’t noticed, we play to ENJOY the game. I for one have enjoyed playing this game since I began. This experience however seriously killed it for me. Some of us play casually, and yet this quest line forces us to go beyond. Come on. You’re supposed to make the game accessible and enjoyable to as many players as possible.

Why would you create a questline that potentially kills the experience for them? What do you hope to achieve by doing this? It doesn’t make sense even from a profit point-of-view. I’m seriously contemplating of quitting/hibernating, until a better option than Miko comes around (currently Chaplain with Cleric C2).

So there. Big thanks IMC for killing this game for me. I have been seriously restraining myself to insert really vulgar expletives here, for civility’s sake. I hope you continue having fun trolling players who innocently just want to build, what would be for them, their dream toons.

To people who have similar sentiments and have direct access to the “powers-that-be”, I hope you can help me just bring this to their attention. Thanks.

3 Likes

Its the chalenge that makes life worth.

In games its the same.

The satisfaction on getting something hard even if it makes u mad is what makes games worth it.

1 Like

Something something about mystic cube RNG, second mystic cube recipe and appraiser quest

1 Like

Can you enlighten us, please ? Where is the challenge ? Is it a challenge to lose 5h of your life, of your precious non-work, non-family, non-other obligations time just to advance your class ?
Back in my day challenge meant fighting difficult monsters/bosses, it meant solving difficult puzzles, it meant working hard.
This isn’t a challenge, this isn’t working hard, it’s just annoying people. It’s a lack of originality and idea. Instead of thinking about real “trials” to make it interesting, challenging and ultimately fun, they went their usual easy lazy way of just making it about camping, hitting space bar, channels swapping, and long cooldowns on spirits. Indeed, what a challenge it is !

6 Likes

Guys you miss one point here…

Miko is a “HIDDEN CLASS” its suppose to be hard…
if it was easy then all ToS players are playing Mikos right now

Way back before miko was arround “SHINOBI(HIDDEN CLASS SWORDSMAN)” was a thing due to its burst damage… it takes hours to get one flower to be a Shinobi.

now that miko is a thing, now you complain?
lets wait and see if when Appraiser will be release and everybody complaining how hard it is :joy:

well I can empathize you because it took me 2 days(12 hrs exact) to finish the quest… well its worth the patience

if you have small amount of patience dont play miko and find another class…

1 Like

There are better ways at making something a challenge than forcing someone to just waste a ton of time doing inane tasks. Its not hard, Its not a challenge, its just annoying.

1 Like