Tree of Savior Forum

Meta Class or Starter Class for New player?

Hi newbie here
i havnt played TOS but i do watch some youtube clips

im looking forward to play the game in may 10th
but still confused or dont have any idea which class should i start
so i decided to create a thread and ask if someone can help me so i can decide which class is suitable for me

anyway im looking for this kind of class

• Good class for starter ( hunting Items / gold )
  • Not discriminated in party
  • PVE Friendly
  • PVP useful in group
  • not much gear dependent
  • in demand in party / dungeon ( People always in favor to party with )
  • Versatile Role / Support / Buffs

Thank you for answers

Good class for starter ( hunting Items / gold )

• Swordsman(Corsair), Most Archer types for mass killing, or quick single target bursts

Not discriminated in party

• Every type of healer, a popular build that can solo, self sustain and be useful at parties, Chaplain. For DPS, Elementalist

PVE Friendly
PVP useful in group

• You are probably looking at Chaplain again here, while taking PD on the last rank
  • Swordsman classes are fun early game(PVE), but later on you really have to know what you are doing and have the correct builds for it to properly function and at least be on par with other classes in terms of contribution

not much gear dependent

• Elementalist

in demand in party / dungeon ( People always in favor to party with )
Versatile Role / Support / Buffs

• Chaplain.

Yeah, pretty much what you want for the most part, chaplain has. It is albeit gear dependent, but once you get arde and cafrisun you are mostly set

Something like Cleric > Priest 3 > Chaplain > Cleric > PD

Hi Again
Thank you for quick reply & answer

can you convince me more about chaplain i really appreciate if you can show share some link of game footage about this class ( doing hard dungeon quest with party )

if i mained chaplain can you rank him from 1 to 10 about farming ( solo )

one more thing if you dont mind can you link some indepth skill guide / skill build about Chaplain

thanks for reading and answering

About the in game footage, sorry I got nothing as of the moment, I mained Healers and Swordsman classes on CBT2, and now just purely swordsman classes. (You can check youtube for some vids I guess)

But from my point of view as a DPS and tank, having a chaplain bolsters the whole team. even corsair auto attackers actually become very viable in some scenarios thanks to chaplain(trust me, you will see a lot of corsairs). Chaplains have very good heal to add to that, mainly from priest and cleric ranks.

For solo farming, they kill fast but rely on auto attacks that hit several times per attack. Downside is you spend materials for your buffs, but no matter, you kill fast and you’ll get them back.

Here’s a link to a guide though, you can check the chaplain part, first link. First few ranks of your cleric>priest will be a little hard, but once you get priest 2 with sacrament and cafrisun, you’ll start to feel your power a bit.

Oh forgot the rating, I’d give it an 8.5/10. It only lacks a few things from other support builds such as diev statues, daino buff(you can cheat this through pardoner scrolls).

There are plenty of chaplain threads in the Cleric sub-forum, do a quick search for chaplain and you will find loads and loads (you will probably find yourself reading these threads if you go down the route anyway so may as well start now lol). There are good solid builds for DPS/support chaplains because it’s known they do decently at both :slight_smile:

If having a good support/buff option is necessary for you then that limits you to wiz and cleric.

oh 8.5 / 10 for farming solo thats pretty high for support class
thank you now you convince me

ok I actually derped there, that’s 8.5/10 as a whole lol.

for farming it’s something like 5/10 since you kill with auto attacks.
but, there’s a reason why bots love the class chaplain.

thanks i will.
well i haven’t played the game yet

maybe i will play around or test a dummy character hybrid build ( DPS/Support ) later after i got my main reach high level so i can figured out which skills are must have or dispose useless skill

anway for now i will try this build

i think its full support skill build

yep that’s the one with power auto attacks, as full support as it looks, never underestimate a chaplain’s auto attacks like i’ve said before, bots love it for a reason.

5/10 oh its average
not surprise for cleric class ( laugh )

Be a Novice) :slight_smile: But i don`t see that class here :unamused: