Tree of Savior Forum

Merchant class in a team is useless if not able to

Hi IMC,

Just want to suggest to use team storage freely without using any token or any restrction. Why? become Merchant class is almost useless. with tax on them game merchant doenst really have much profit. mostly for some players. merchant class is just secondary class. But how he can call himself a merchant class if he cant or not able to distributehis profits to other teammates or characters. How can he be a merchant class in a team if his profits can only be use by him. Pls IMC make some adjustment here. Thank you for hearing me out . Again just a suggestion. Still playing but if merchant class is like that i guess i need to delete my squire bcuz i can farm and grind with other class than afking merchant.

2 Likes

You are right, but currently you can transfer item through team storage without losing potential, so it goes like this

1. Play merchant class
  2. Buy token off market
  3. Buy item off market
  4. Share it through team storage
  5. Play other classes.
1 Like

Does it require your other char to also have token to be able to acquire the item in team storage?

i do agree with OP, but as @thailehuy said,
you could also transfer item (weapon) from ur main class to merchant class
upgrade it to max and transfer it back. yeh there is alot of transferring

@go_hans_go Tokens count for all characters on that particular server.

Thats good news! I always thought that Id have to buy 1 token for each character to gain benefits. Thank you!

Btw is it still considered as tradable? I remember seeing a post somewhere that it turns the item to untradable if I would transfer.

If one player have token and the other don’t, doesn’t matter if the item have full potential, it will become untradable (Token user > Non Token user, not sure the other way around, but i would guess it is the same).

If both have token, you can trade normally, it would only lose 1 potential (except materials and consumables that only have 1 hidden potential) and you still can trade the items after.

So basically you only lose potential when using team storage since, as stated above by Sekreutz, everyone in your team gets yoken benefits even if only 1 char uses it.

You dont lose potential if you use the team storage. You only lose potential if you trade it to another player who is a token user or item becomes “untradable” if given to a non token user

1 Like

I see… So using team storage has no disadvantage when using token. Thats even better.

If you got token you don’t lose potential in the team storage.

yes as I mentioned, you can but you need a token. if your not gonna pay money for a token its cost like 300k-350k silver and its a lot of silver. Also, we don’t know if that price will go higher in F2P, its okay if it goes lower :smile: . My point is how you can call it a team if your cannot help each other out freely :stuck_out_tongue:

Because it’s easy to farm even without being a Merchant class. Kinda pointless to focus on it.

yah thats what im talking about, so now im so dissapointed making a squire as my first class.

But I doubt IMC will wanna go with the old school “true grindy” mmo. Look at our current state. It’s already pretty much easy to hit cap and yet people are still complaining. Imagine it being a true grind.

just a random idea merchant class can be useful when merchant is the only class able to do business anywhere they go while other class should restricted doing their business within the city only
other than that i think future event such as gvg, people can just go find merchant to buy any valuable goods such as skill scroll and et cetera during the people prepare their battle at a open monster field.
well of course the cons for merchant is the player. If they dunno what they should sell or buy for the market, the player should choose hack and slash class instead :sunglasses:

You can sell your service while farming with other char, more is always better

you can do that, but whats the point selling your service if not your able to distribute it to other chars on the team

That’s not the point, it’s still meaningless to do so.

It’s like…
Why bother.

Might as well just make a proper DPS build and farm.

You are thinking like you gonna play only 1 char and in 2 months quit the game. If you plan to play for a year, then a merchant class with passive income will earn you a lot.

As long as you have token you can share the profit, and you can buy token with any char.