Tree of Savior Forum

Melee Cleric... Realistic?

I’m kinda new to the game, started during the ReBuild Patch.
I’ve played and tested different classes and build combinations and I find that it’s impossible to have a Melee Cleric. Yes you can with Monk’s Double Punch along with Paladin’s defense, Chaplain’s skills etc., but it is far weaker than a Mage Type Cleric. I mean, why do you have melee classes on cleric if they can’t be on the same level with mage cleric? I’ve tried quite a number of combinations… Paladin/Monk/Chaplain, Chaplain/Zealot/Monk etc. they just can’t be as strong as combinations like Exorcist/Druid/Sadhu for example.
Or are you suppose to be a support class only as cleric? Or am I missing something?

The only good physical cleric right now is inquisitor. The rest of the melee clerics just buff that class, without it you can try to play off dps with debuffs or cc.

funny how you use “realistic”
what actually happened is ignored, neglected, meme-ed, dont even bothered
comparing it to fellow matk cleric is a thing, comparing it to another patk will open your eyes that its not the time yet to play physical cleric

You know, I even reset my stats to put all the points into STR, hopefully the physical atk skill would be really good that I don’t have to use any magical atk skills… but nope. Even spent I think four level 4 Class Change Vouchers (I’m at level 441 currently). Just to try all these combination. All this just to got disappointed. Sigh.

Honestly I always like the idea of a Paladin/Monk in every game, but I guess I’m just gonna have to pretend that it’s not here in TOS. =(

p/s: Can you get stat reset potion and skill reset potion from any quest or such? Since I’ve used the only one I got from I’m not sure where. I mean without having to buy them in TP.

there are some quests that give you exactly 1 stat reset potion and 1 skill reset potion as rewards via the Wings of Vaivora NPC.
Iirc one of them is the Mage Tower main quest line, but I don’t know the other one.

Another option is the Adventurers Journal rewards.

Last but not least, there’s always the Popolion point shop which sells you said potions for about 4000 points each. If I remember correctly, we will soon get an update where you can buy those for Vaivora coins,too, including Art Reset Potions.

Monk is actually in a better position now after the changes in KTOS, but it still lacks full uptime on the damage boost via Golden Bell Shield (up to 65% for 30 seconds) and is in need for a SFR boost on Energy Blast. If they can somehow reduce the skill points needed for Double Punch,Energy Blast and/or Palm Strike on top of said changes, Monk would be really good.

1 Like