Tree of Savior Forum

[Mega Polls!] Regarding some of the big hot button issues to be used as feedback for imc

Actually, there is a correlation. All of the aforementioned actions increase character strength.
They all fall into the category of ‘character enhancement’.
As well as when your character becomes stronger through one enhancement, it becomes easier to acquire other enhancements.
i.e. Killing more monsters more quickly because you have a higher AoE ratio/more damage.

Woah, the discussion was dominated by Magic Scrolls for so long that I forgot it was also for discussing the +3 movement speed from tokens.

Someone said in a previous thread that characters have a movement speed of 25-30? This would make an increase of 3 movement speed a 10% increase both in and out of combat, no?
I for one plan to buy a token from players each month, so I don’t mind it at all. However I wouldn’t be opposed to making it a 5 or 6 movement speed increase when out of combat instead. This way it just speeds up the process and makes running from point A to point B a little less time consuming.

Back to magic scrolls. I’m against reducing the number of ‘active’ head gear.
Honestly, I would like if you could use magic scrolls on every single piece of gear. So long as the drop-rate is increased significantly, or they are moved outside of dungeons as an item drop.
Turn it into another customization option such as gems. Hell, allow us to socket head gear with gems!

In my opinion the more avenues for varied stats the better. It has the potential to increase build diversity.
So long as it can be easily accessed by ~everyone~.

Edit:
There are too many threads for this discussion. I’ve mixed up the discussions from the other threads into this post. -_-

1 Like

I don’t mind move speed out of combat. Out of combat MS will become a “time saving” feature. Which lines up nicely with the other Token benefits.

1 Like

This will make things significantly harder to balance. I believe the game was designed w/o those extra stats in mind. But if it will be like 5-10 patk per piece of enhacement, then it’s totally OK.

Overall it’s a good idea. But if it will be implemented, then 3 active pieces of headgear should be removed for sure, because you don’t have to change headgear as often as other gear and it will force you to wear all 3 of them anyway. 1 is enough. Also it should become less cash shop exclusive with a good drop chance, so everyone can get lots of them.

Yeah, I agree with that.

Prices 100 times higher? -looks at 50$ founders pack at steam top sellers- I beg to disagree.
Ppl qq waaaay too much, prob bc they have nothing better to do b4 the game launches

I mean, silver prices are unknown, so we can’t guarantee that things on AH would be easily obtainable. That’s why there should be only luxury items here.

I bought founders pack mainly for EA and because prices are much lower then I expected, but we don’t know how much it will cost to buy ingame currency.

I’ve just discovered that Steam Regional prices are broken for some small countries and they have to buy with $. Already bought some packs to my friends from nearby countries who have salaries twice lower then in my country and full prices in Steam.

People are complaining because things don’t have to be this way…

imc is already going to be getting ~$20 a month from token subscriptions but they want to include a cash shop where you can buy stats (even if they are random stats) for money easily?!? Don’t you think it’s dumb? Don’t you think people will be annoyed?

Here’s proof positive that things don’t have to be like this:

Solution:

• Removing the accessibility of magic scrolls in the cash shop.

• Make them more available to be obtained through gameplay, eg. increasing drop rate in dungeons or in the field.

• Reducing the number of enchants per headgear to 1 instead of 3 potential stats so they don’t have as much effect on your stats.

• Add unique stats for head gears that fit the theme of that head gear. eg. Helm (+5 pdef), Chick Hat (+20 crit attack), Flower hairpin (+55 hp)

• Make unique awakenings for head gears using alchemist skill awakening such as the above examples.

• Totally removing head gear enchants from the game.

• Make enhancing headgears unique to to other mechanics in the game, while maintaining a balance of effort vs reward.

• Party quests and Guild missions to obtain head gear gems that can be used to enhance your headgear and make them tradable. eg.

1. +7~40 patk - red gem
  2. +15~70 crit attack - yellow gem
  3. +14~55 magic amp - blue gems
  4. +4~20 block chance - purple gem
  5. +30~260 hp - green gem
1 Like

Having stats specific to a piece of headgear removes the fashion fun of headgear though.

That’s why i made the suggestion to have gems with specific bonuses. red gem is physical attack, etc.

You could even have a cash shop item that gives a random gem and you can choose what to enhance. This makes it both fun and not Pay2Win. As long as it’s only a small small bonus.

Party quests and guild missions could have better gems or something. Making the mechanic change as you progress in the game.

1 Like

buying the best stats in the Market already did.

Which is why costume gear should just not have stats. So people don’t have to make agonizing decisions like that.

1 Like

no it didn’t because all head gear could obtain the same stats through randomization.

Really? Please do Tell me whats the chance of that again?

@web_nervepress No wonder your ideas are the best, you watch Fevir too! Amazing aha.

1 Like

Infinitely higher then the odds of changing pre determined stats.

The question on focus… Means little… This is more about HR and how many content developers you have to engineers… There are multi-skilled people but you kind of want to apply the art, effects, zones to the game while developing them to get a feel for if they look good and what your creative team needs.

This lets go fix bugs only thing… That’s not something that’s going to happen. You want bugs fixed you get HR to hire more engineers… Engineers that are likely very temporary because as soon as you get the bugs fixed and developer toolkits setup. You basically have to fire them on the spot or have them sit around the office eating money you could spend on the creative team instead.

Sounds like you don’t have software development experience?

EDIT: For example, if bugfixing is a priority then you add higher proportion of bugfixing related goals in your next sprint. I’m of course assuming that they’re on a scrum framework which they may not be.

Someone did the math somewhere around the forums and getting what you wanted would be the same as being stroke by lightning. I wonder what the chances are on getting those same stats on the headpiece you want.

Seriously, the current stats in headgear randomness already killed the idea of wearing headpieces for customization.

3 Likes

pretty much

/20chara

1 Like

Well i promise you the solution is NOT to make it worse fixed stats like is being suggested.

Magic scrolls don’t prevent min maxing with your favorite headgear fixed stats do.