Tree of Savior Forum

Matador questions

Good day!

I have a few questions about Matador I was hoping for someone to answer.

First, how does Ole work? It says that it increases Crit Rate by a percentage value. Does this bonus Crit Rate come before the critical chance calculation or is it a flat Crit Chance boost against provoked enemies?

Second, for the Muleta buff to work, will being attacked by any enemy do and is this free Crit Rate limited to unit you countered or does this benefit apply even to other enemies?

The guides I’ve read don’t actually explain the mechanics of the skills and I’d like a suitable explanation of how they work before I start investing points in anything other than Faena.

Thank you.

Uhh… bump? Anyone with answers?

I’m pretty sure the crit chance from Olé works like rogue’s Sneak Hit, as in it comes before the normal crit chance calculation. I think it works that way because I have very low crit rate by default, but when I have the olé buff I crit WAY more.

As for the Muleta crit rate buff, after you counter something, you get a buff that increases your crit rate for a set amount of time(20sec I think?). Since it’s a 1st line buff, it should apply to any monsters while it lasts.

The crit rate buff scales with skill lvl too, my lvl1 muleta only gives 10 crit rate, but a lvl 15 would give 150. Not worth maxing imo, because the increase is not so big to be worth 15 points, and it’s very gimmicky to activate.

So would it be wise to go Ole 10 and Muleta 1 for Mata2?

Also one last question. Supposing I have Swashbuckling 10, does it make sense to still get Capote? Last I remember provocation has a few seconds where the enemy can’t be provoked. Would you recommend getting it and at what level? Thanks.

Do you need to have agro to get that bonus % damage from the c2 attribute Banderillero or something like that? Coz in kTos I remember, they first made it around agro and then they remade it into just bonus % no matter the circumstance, just using rapier.

In my opinion(and assuming you are a fencer3-mata2), Olé is a must max for any matador build. As for muleta, you don’t even need it for a fencer3-mata2, its not that great of a skill. But take my advice with a grain of salt, as I do not play fencer3-mata2, I only play mata3 without fencer.

Capote is still worth 1 point, because it has an attribute that reduces enemy crit resistance by 50%. Also it is good to aggro bosses when there are a lot of mobs near it(Capote gives priority to bosses when aggroing)

As for Picador and Banderillero attributes, I’m pretty sure both need aggro to work. Unless their descriptions are wrong, which is definitely possible knowing what Imc does sometimes…

1 Like
  1. Ole add a % chance ontop of your current chance, if your chance is 30% atm, The 15% non provoke, 30% provoked ole will be added ontop of it and become 45% non provoke, 60% provoked. Its not a separate chance roll like blindside debuff and marnox’s legend card. To get provoke. Just by debuffing them with swash and capo will get the bonus forcefully.

2. Works on any enemy, but honestly not a good skill to max just for the crit rate. 1 pointer cause there are other good skills on mata.

1 Like

Nevermind, u r right.
I checked here: http://tos.inven.co.kr/dataninfo/skill/?job=1&code=1018

Alright. That answered most of my questions. Thanks all. o7