Tree of Savior Forum

Matador prequest bug: Matador Master

Date and Time : SGT 17:05, 1/2/2018

Server Name : Telsiai

Team Name : Sheng

Character Name : mindStarmine

Bug Description : Regarding the Matador prequest, after completing the requests of the four NPCs for materials as specified by the Matador Master, the Matador Master does not recognize the quest as complete; unlocking the Matador class is currently impossible after completing the quest requirements.

This issue has persisted since 12/29/2017

Steps to reproduce the issue :

1. Read the Matador sign board in Orsha
  2. Speak with the 3 relevant NPCs in Escanciu Village
  3. Speak with the Matador master (begin four fetch quests with Fedimian Accessory Merchant, Orsha Blacksmith, Orsha Companion Trader, and Klaipeda Merchant)
  4. Complete the four fetch quests and turn in the required materials to the respective NPCs
  5. Speak with the Matador Master (the Matador Master will not complete the quest, but repeat the same quest dialogue used at the start of the quest) (refer to attached screenshots of Matador Master)

Screenshots / Video :
Current dialogue of quest NPCs after completing their requests to show state of completion:

Orsha Blacksmith

Rimantas

Orsha Companion Trader

Matador Master dialogue

Game Control Mode: Keyboard

1 Like

From what I can find in QUEST.tsv, there shouldn’t be any other dialogues or npc interaction that you need to trigger before the Matador master would recognise that you have completed all the requests.

I also read that but nothing about another npc to trigger. It’s a mixed of all the quest added. I even talk to one of my korean friend for info but he said that this is the ONLY things to be done. After finishing the NPC’s request comeback to Matador Master. Nothing more!

Spent around an hour running around talking to different NPC’s i could possibly find. Then coming back to Otero still asking to remind worthless good for nothing lazy bastards who extort a lot of materials from us rob us days for slaughtering countless of monsters. And still haven’t been paid off. Still no Advancement Quest.

This is not even a hidden class for christ sake! Hidden Classes are even easier to be done than this. “Unable to disclose information” my ass. Fktards! Way to start the year IMC!

@STAFF_Letitia you’re right about Toras. He’s fine. Mentally sound I guess. But there is something wrong with the quest.

Just also finished checking with TOS JP and also the same after finishing the collection just go talk again to matador master… they said their qty is a bit different due to they have higher quest item drop rate… so yeah ours are fkedup… TOS KR/JP/TH they all said after completing npc request just talk to matador master… thats from 3 different places already…

Can you check on your “F1” window if there if is any “Unlocked : matador”?

Just checked, Matador isn’t listed. It’s too bad that the staff aren’t allowed to disclose more information.

1 Like

RIP.
All i can say is be patient then and recheck all other quest NPCs 1st (I know from your earlier screenshots that you did it correctly but still.)

2 Likes

Any update on this? Has anyone tried to turn it in now?

The quest still seems to be bugged, will post an update if it becomes completable.

As if the materials werent frustrating enough, we cant even become the class! What kind of crap is this?

@STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Letitia Is there any word on whether or not the Matador quest will be fixed or removed in the coming patch?

Matador quest will be updated soon.
Also will be fixed above issue during the future announcement.
We will update once again. :sad:

1 Like

How soon is soon @STAFF_Amy Is the update coming with the next patch? I hope so because I love matador, but this quest is making me want to not go the class.

1 Like

@STAFF_Amy No mention of the fix in the patch notes. Can you confirm if the Matador Quest bug will be fixed and if not will players who have completed the pre-requisites will be allowed to be advanced?

CONFIRMING THAT IMC DOESNT CARE! The Matador quest is still bugged and you cannot simply promote to matador DESPITE the bug. They dont care, I’m done with this game.

Can you give us a last rank reset option for swordman that reached rank9 while this problem was in place? I was forced to select another rank trying to reach 360 in time (but failed) so i’m stuck because i couldn’t pick matador

Im sorry buddy, but i doubt they’ll even do that. They have the MEANS to disable the quest and let us become matadors and they wont’.

@STAFF_Letitia @STAFF_Amy How could you just let people abandon Matador and not even try to talk to someone about disabling the pre-quest/.

@STAFF_Letitia hey see this? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: this is a lie! “there isn’t any problem with Matador quest.” :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Better check first before you give a statement like this… Double check or triple check it yourself! Before you make such statement ever again! There isn’t any problem pffttt… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I really do apologize and we are keeping a very close eye on this issue.
We will update everyone once it is fixed :sob:

2 Likes

are you? Empty words, nothing new in fake tree of savior paradise…