Tree of Savior Forum

Market & Trade Restrictions Needs A Change

It’s so sad watching my favorite game of all time being ruined by its own dev team. Instead of letting players to have more freedom in market and trades, they are only adding countless of useless items or features. I see so many people defending this system because it saves the game from the bots but I’m sorry, I only can see it ruining the game by punishing the time spent of the users.

So, as we know the market restrictions in ToS are really, really strong as we can see below:

1 - Market taxes are a major problem (It’s a silver sink and everything gets expensive mainly for starters)
2 - The number of market slots available for starters, and even Token users, are ridiculous. (again starters fallback)
3 - If they allow to trade items and silver freely, the market will be of no use just like every single game. (If they change they will need to pull off the taxes)

I only can hope for a fast resolution but again as we all know it has been a year by now.

Yes.
The thing is that it doesn’t protect us from bots or RMT. We still regularly see cheap items sold for millions on the AH.
All “anti-bots restrictions” TOS have little to no effects on the bots and RMTers. Actually, RMTers don’t even hide it: sometimes some people propose to buy items in game with real money (like “WTS XXXX”, interested player: “Do you accept RMT ?”). But it sure as hell bother most players and make their gaming experience less smooth.

They are slowly reducing some useless restrictions (Team Storage not being available for non-Token users, items tradability, items bought on the market becoming bound/losing potentiality), but there are still way too many.
And the worst is still the restrictions on a new player account.
It just makes zero sense that you would try to promote your game by offering super fast leveling to new players but tell them they cannot use the market for at least a week. Or cannot trade. Because who cares if you have friends who want to help you, right ?
When you see this kind of restriction on such a basic game feature you wonder what else is restrected and usually don’t feel like randomly using 10$ for the Token before even knowing what are all these restrictions and if you’ll truly enjoy the game or not.

To that I’ll add that shops taxes are also useless. The “tax” should be the fact they have to level a character knowing that a lot of the shop classes require 3 circles and/or aren’t that useful in the game in general and thus this character will most likely just be an offline shop 99% of the time.
To that you add the fact it’s an undercutting war with other shops… and you end up with shops that lose money instead of making profit and you wonder what’s the point of those classes.
They could make it so when you set your prices it takes into account the taxes so it is impossible to sell items for cheaper than it takes you to make them (for both shops and on the market), but nope. Better put a useless tax. As if there aren’t enough money sinks already.
(Or maybe IMC’s goal all along was to turn us all into AFK Necromancers, who knows)

1 Like

Yeah I totally forgot to tell about the taxes in Shop Classes (such lousy feature)

First thing they should do is wipe the silver away. That would already help a great deal with the inflation produced through the AFK-necros so far.

Everyone can still use his silver to buy items or attribute points prior to the wipe, but it would help a great deal as people would actually spend all their silver. After that, a reasonable upper limit for item prices should be introduced to stop RMTers selling trash loot for ridiculous prices. That or assign a higher market tax,depending on the value of the single item, making cheap items (below 50k e.g.) tax-free while putting a higher tax (50-75%) on overly expensive items (i.e. items sold for over 200% of the market value calculated by the system).

Market taxes in general are ok, they are an effective money sink.

About the listing limit:
Rather than increasing the number of listings, it would be good to see an overall silver cap for listed items per day, e.g. you can only list items worth up to a total of 1m a day without Token and 10m with Token. Token users can also list items for over 10m but in this case, they will not be able to list another item for the day.

By applying a worth limit, players can use the market efficiently to sell cheap items, while being unable to sell many high-priced items at once.

This allows a higher item influx as non-token players can sell their stuff on the market, but restricts players from overpricing ridicuously, thus also reducing the possible number of items on the market involved in RMT activities(i.e. RMTing for more than 1m per day is impossible for non-Token users,making it easier to spot those with Tokens and thus force them to buy Tokens first to make RMT less fluctuent&appealing, as you either need to make multiple transactions or run an even higher risk to get spotted [and robbed blind by the market tax for overpricing]).

So It’s okay punish a player who farmed his silver? That’s seem quite irraciotional to me.

Noone is punished.
People are just forced to use all their silver or have it wiped away; that’s okay if you think about how many people afk-farmed their silver over months with no real work involved.

By spending it on attributes, upgrades, buying items from the market or NPC shops, you get something worth of your silver. It will only be wiped if you decide to keep it until the wipe date.
I believe that it’s a very fair approach to correct the mistake of the afk-Necromancers that led the society to be oversaturated with silver (thus leading to massive inflation).

It’s also pretty easy to farm your silver back, considering how easy it is for some Classes to earn several 100.000s to millions silver per hour.

Imo MMOS should make this a yearly thing, wiping the ingame currency at the end of each year to counter inflation, maybe in combination with an awesome event as some kind of compensation.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.