Tree of Savior Forum

Making Heal&Cure into pure damage skills by using the targetlock feature/button

Before leaving any negative comments here, please hear me out first.

A lot of times when you use the skills Heal and Cure of the Cleric Class, you have the trouble of instances[e.g. statues/Aukuras],summons[e.g. zombies] or yourself using up some of the tiles/hits involuntarily.
It’s especially bad if you try to lure monsters into Heal tiles by running over them, resulting in some of them being used up by yourself if you get damaged beforehand/in the process, making Heal less potent for tactical combat.

That’s why I suggest an easy fix for that problem which makes use of a feature that’s already ingame and easy to trigger (by clicking a single button, wether on the keyboard or the controller).

This feature is the target lock function.

For Clerics, this function has close to no use as most skills are either point blank magic circles/instances or melee attacks.

However, if the support feature of Heal[the HP recovery] and Cure[the Rank 1 status ailment removal] are disabled by activating the target lock function, you easily use their full potential to deal damage without having to worry about anyone/anything interfering.

It also helps greatly in partyplay as you can place Heals and allow people to cross them without using them up if they are only remotely damaged, triggering the healing effect at the right moment by switching off the target lock without someone running around unneccessarily using up all the Heals beforehand.

Big no to this, would screw over keyboard and game pad players. The targeting system in this game sucks.

Mind to elucidate me how so?
I never felt that the target locking function was helpful in any way aside when playing my Falconer, and I play with controller…

It is basically an unneccessary feature that uses up a button configuration (which can’t be changed because of whatever reason) with low to no returns.
I’d rather have a useful function for target locking than the current feature that’s only necessary if you’re playing an Archer.

Btw, the target lock function isn’t even working properly, there are many occasions where the character still switches the target even if you supposedly locked onto one specific target…

ahh I misunderstood, this would be fine. Carry on!

EDIT: The only problem would be world bossing, where i use target lock to make sure i know what status effects are on the boss and to see their HP, while I am supporting.

I think your proposal would be better served as an attribute like Heal: Remove Support.

Or simply… make it so these effects are disabled when the damages are on ? (+ add an on/off damages attribute for Cure).

Target lock might be close to useless to you, but I’m sure several clerics use it to keep track of bigger enemies’ health/debuffs. Even if it is used only situationally, I think it’s a bit counterproductive when you could simply add this feature to the skills attributes.

Well, the target lock function might be useful for some people, so maybe there could be two sets of key/button settings if people really need it over the ability to play with Heal/Cure as damage skills.

The benefit here is that in contrast to extra attributes, the triggering is easy (one click) without the need of a specific addon and you’d have Heal and Cure (and possible new skills similar to them at Rank 9/10/11) solved in one go(which makes it easier for mouse and controller players,too).

+1
yep i have the same logic in my mid…

I understand the fact it’d make it easier. You’re right on that~
I do hope they’ll make this addon an in-game feature one day, like they did for the collection and map addons… It’s such a must-have addon for some classes, especially clerics.