Tree of Savior Forum

Making 2 different Wizard (need opinions please)

Basically I’m thinking of making 2 wizards

WI3 > EL3 > WAR
WI1 > CRYO1 > KINO1 > CRYO3 > KINO2 > WAR

Questions

1. I’m kinda focused in PVE and I’m thinking is there any good in making 2 different characters for PVE?

2. Should I instead focus 1 character for PVE and 1 character for PVP?

3. Both end paths are Warlock. I’m thinking if it would be good to change my cryo/kino final class to a kino3 instead. Would I lose out a lot in PVE then? (I know its pretty good in PVP)

4. How should I allocate my skills in WI in build 1) and WI3 in build 3). Most of the WI skills seems pretty … useless? I read somewhere that energybolt has insta cast at a certain lvl?

1. It would allow you to do two sets of instance runs. Also lets you “play something else” when you’re bored.

2. Only if you actually want to PvP. Kinos are great for PvP though

3. Kino 3 is also good for PvE.

Lethargy could be 1 or 3, then spend the rest on EB/RS. Same concept with W1/W3. Some people leave Surespell at a lower level but I personally like having it at a higher level since I don’t cast it too often but when I do, I’d like it to last long so I don’t need to recast it again.

Without Quick Cast, this is how fast you could cast a Level 9 bolt

So energy bolt does have instant cast but what level is it? Level 9?

And what are the uses of sleep? So far I have 1 point in it but i rarely use it.

What does higher levels of sleep do? Same for lethargy I have not put any point in it yet.

Yeah level 9. But I think you can do it at level 6 with Quick Cast.

Sleep becomes useful when you start doing tougher dungeons. It becomes extremely useful when you end up not having a tank/healer in random party searches, but still quite useful even when you do. Higher levels increase the hit threshold and the duration of sleep.

Lethargy is a useful support debuff with the attribute that allows strike attacks to deal 100% more damage.

Use this site to learn more about skills if you haven’t yet.

Sorry if its a stupid question

What is hit threshold? Is it the number of mobs that it can hit? And sleep required a charging time but it seems like I can use it instantly? If there any purpose in charging it full?

1. I’m kinda focused in PVE and I’m thinking is there any good in making 2 different characters for PVE?

Hm, If you want to deal the most damage. You could go for the 1st build(wiz>elem>warlock) but if you want to cc mobs as much as possible, you could go for the 2nd build (wiz>cyro>kino>war).

I personally pick the 2nd build because of its high cc. (and from what I’ve heard, going full con for a wiz>cryo>kino works :0)

I think its only good to have an alternative pve character if you want to change roles (dps to support)

1. Should I instead focus 1 character for PVE and 1 character for PVP?

It really depends on the build.

1. Both end paths are Warlock. I’m thinking if it would be good to change my cryo/kino final class to a kino3 instead. Would I lose out a lot in PVE then? (I know its pretty good in PVP)

If you like to sacrifice damage for cc then I guess its a good trade-off. I’ve seen alot of videos in Earth Tower using alot of cc based skills to help them clear the floor.

1. How should I allocate my skills in WI in build 1) and WI3 in build 3). Most of the WI skills seems pretty … useless? I read somewhere that energybolt has insta cast at a certain lvl?

If you’re going for wiz3, alot of guides advise to max magic missile, quickcast and sleep.

If I go full con for Wiz>Cryo>Kino instead of the Wiz>Cryo>Kino

1. Will I lose out a lot of damage due to no int? It that ok since my role is more of a support role rather than a damager?

2. Losing 1 rank in warlock, same as above will I lose out a lot of damage

1. you dont have to be full con for pvp as a CC class if you can avoid…

2. You dont need warlock for the damage as you mainly getting full CC skills for support in party…

You wont lose alot of damage but you wont either outdamage also…

So if I play the CryoKino path, a balance between Int and Con would be best if I’m not aiming for PVP? (mostly PVE).

Just that with my build, I will not do insane damage compared to warlock but instead provide as much CC support for my party to do most of the damaging?

But 1st thing is what your rank 1-4 will depend what kind of role you going to goes?
Warlock with ele 3 is a common build that everyone doing unless you got your unique build for pve dd…

A Cynokino dont need much on int as con is their main stat for survive due to support and close range CC, int will only add you alittle usefulness by end game…

You are there to control the mobs and do damage as well, but you can let others to dps it if you dont want to…

Hmm but if my focus is end game pve would it do better?

I read that it actually doesn’t scale very well and going for con might be better. However, cryo-kino does not have that high damage and having no int might mean that my damage is even worse than before? Or would I be OK even without int?

I want to get accepted into parties although I know I probably won’t be the one that has the highest dps in the team

Every classes will get invited in party as long as there is slot without too many same jobs…
(Don’t compare those 24/7 grinders that occupy the spot for days)

There will still numbers of group keep choosing no matter you are healer or tanker if the party already have those so i hope i explain this part of your question…

Int or con is depend what you going to goes comfortably and mos importantly its 70% lay down on your equipments you using…
If you using high-end gears for every piece, its doesnt matter you int is low but you still dash out high DPS in the game and vice visa…

Goes full single stats is to get the max stat bonus as in TOS mix stats is really still not up to the standard…