Tree of Savior Forum

Make this pay to play maybe?

Hello! I just purchased the game and now downloading, what comes to my mind is, why not make this game pay to play instead?

I think it’s better than free to play games? because most of f2p games are somewhat p2w or offering “paid” and “unpaid” players.

Well, maybe it’s gonna decrease your income, but if the playerbase is expanding, and potential and loyal players are enjoying themself, why not right? :smiley:

Just a lil piece of my mind :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll still playing this game anyway~

Cheers guys! :smiley:

1 Like

i just had the same idea, because of following reasons:

People who are ok with pay to Play should get an own Server

• with better Hardware and bandwith to make the game more hackproof with serverside anti cheat
  • helps against “goldfarmers” as well
  • funds help the developers

I think it’s best if they only make one server, the p2p. so the community and player base won’t be scattered away.

And, “who are ok with pay to play” I think there is a lot of ppl who are ok with it. Even after they released the “premium” features, ppl who complain will still buy it sometimes right :stuck_out_tongue: hahaha.

The way I think is, free to play is going to give the devs more income than pay to play :stuck_out_tongue:

sad :frowning:

You have great intentions, but this isn’t really a problem you can solve by throwing money at.

The early access already is P2P, and the bot/goldspam problem is already problematic. Turning it P2P will probably keep it at its current level, but won’t solve the game’s current problems.

Also, F2P has its own revenue streams and could potentially provide the company more money than the initial infusion of cash a P2P model brings (especially since the game is a niche title that will not appeal to a mass market of players in the same way WoW or other big names have, without an incentive like f2p).

With P2P, you are assuming that there will be a steady stream of players looking to try the game, and I just don’t see it with its current old-school gameplay.

It only works with the current Users because all those players are willing to front 10 to 60 dollars for early access to the game. These are also much older gamers who are as interested in the system for its nostalgia value as much as its actual gameplay.

I honestly don’t see P2P making the bot problem go away. It will just keep it from getting worse (assuming the current situation is the extent of bot and goldselling, which I’m not sure it is).

I would much rather pay a monthly fee and eliminate all these restrictions from tokens and cash shop, but I know they want more money from it.

In my opinion they should make this game buy to play. Just a one time purchase.

1. They won’t need to have as much cash grab tactics for money. Every user will be a paying user. I’m not saying they should get rid of CS. As they need to get money from somewhere, just that they could lay off the border P2W/ outright P2W cash grabs.
  2. You won’t have the community divide of premium users vs. free users. Yes, this does mean they would have to get rid of the premium option but personally I’ve had enough of the “Optional” premium service.
  3. It does deter gold sellers. (Not get rid of them, but deters them a bit)

They can make a trial period with restrictions for people who want to try the game. (Like 7 days or something) Heck, it’s kind of like that already and the F2P label just feels like false advertising.

p2p still have bots and gold seller problem, yes that is true! :smiley:

buy account (let’s say) $25, and monthly (let’s say) $13-15. assuming 30% of bots and gold seller already make $50+ before get banned, they can just buy another account and the cheating will going all over again :smiley:

But well…bots and gold seller is like a disease, we can’t completely remove it from our life right? XD even in B2P P2P there’s a tons of bots and gold seller. In F2P? There is even more LOL!

And @Anova ya I think it’s true that this game “hype” not that big XD and most ppl who plei this game is prolly the “old” gamer I think? because of the graphic and gameplay is not that modern XD

This game is already structured as a f2p game that had a p2p early access for people (like moi) who just couldn’t wait. The cash shop and premium services are already there, so if they were hypothetically making this game p2p they’d need to remove the premium status and most of the draconian trade restrictions in place.

I would pay to play this game.

I would pay $15 USD per month, also I would buy things from a cash shop too (but pls no pay2win… just cosmetic stuff like outfits, hats, hair .etc)

Make it so

P2P is good, but I much prefer B2P. Either way, we can have most things unlocked for us if we do go the payment route. Sure there will still be bots, gold sellers, but hey at least players won’t have much to complain about yea? Personal trading cough cough…