Tree of Savior Forum

Magnetic Force - Does it worth it or not

Hello!

I’ve been reading lots of topics and facebook group posts where people ask for help to build their characters and whenever people ask about Psychokinos, one thing is never clear: does Magnetic Force worth leveling or not?

Some people claim that Level 1 is enough because the damage on higher levels is not that great and it’s for CC only.

Some people claim that the damage is actually good and max level is recommended.

Some people even say that middle ground is the way to go, Level 5.

As a Psychokino myself, i want to get this straight before the EA hits. I’ve played both iCBTs but, at the time, i didn’t have much time to put into the game so i never got to Kino C2 to test the skill.

So, what do you guys say? Does it worth it or not? Based on the TosBase Skill Simulator description i would say that it seems like a great skill, but only those who actually got to test it can tell.

It’s only one hit, so I really don’t think it’s good for damage.

Looking at all the popular character build across various classes, single hit skills are never favored. That is, unless they have extremely low cd.

While I’ve never actually got to play TOS, going by the above I doubt it’s worth leveling.

Also its kinda buggy… not all monsters are picked under the spell area

its not buggy. its AoE rating is 5, so with staff where AoE is +1 - you get to clash together 6 mobs. But yea - at level 1 - i don’t know if im unlucky or skill level affected - but so many mobs pass “resist” and sometimes from 6 affected 2 or less get slammed…

I have 5lvl of MF and getting resist very often… Does anybody know why it is resisted but stun does not?
So basically if PP skill description say that skill affect 15 targets then it AoE ratio is 15 + 1(staff)?

Only small mobs has AoE ratio of 1 I think. So Magnetic Force is good to gather smaller mobs or keep a large mob in check.

PP hits a fix amount of targets, depends on the skill level. It doesn’t have an AoE ratio.

Just turned psycho C2, the skill sucks, dont lvl it … keep it at 1.

Edit : this skill is actually not bad, in fact it’s quite nice, but I will still keep it at 1.

What do you guys mean by “resist”? The monsters resists the “pull to center” CC or the stun?
How exactly this AoE ratio works? This dictate the max number of monster affected?

AoE = Area of Effect

It is literally the radius affected by the skill, which is shown by the circle you use to aim it.

In theory, since there’s no specification on how many targets are affected, it affects everything within the radius.

@iEden
That’s what I thought from the beginning, but those statements made me think it was differently.

If it states that everything inside this AREA will get hit, why would magnetic force not work?

PP does not have an AoE ratio anymore. It’s target count based now.

Weapons +AoE only works for auto-attacks and possibly melee skills. Magic skills aren’t affected by this whatsoever.

Perharps monsters can resist to the pull or the stun but that doesn’t mean the skill is not working, they simply resisted it’s effects.

Due to high chance of resits and one-time damage seems skill is useless in PVE… very dissapointed adding 5 points to it