• Hp bonus
  • Raw matk bonus (303)

[Ignition]

• Burn (bugged atm though)
  • 22 spr

[Superior Corona Rod]

• raw matk
  • cheapest

Assume that you have a level 280 Wizard right now with 5m silver, which one will you pick and invest on?

do you know how many time this has been asked?

Nothing tradeable really compares to the Cata Club, it’s the most OP item ever, which is why it costs twice as much as every other item on the list. You can’t upgrade it til Lolopanthar staff.

Still dont get why pple think catacombs club is good. My +9 sup corona rod has +384 matk. Catacombs club comes nowhere close to that.

1 Like

Catacomb Club is good if you don’t want to “+” and Weapon Maintenance. Because Cata Club doesn’t gain any profit from that for wizard.

But +8 or +9 Maga or Ignition or SCR with Weapon Maintenance will have Matk more than Cata Club (150+)

In terms of pure raw damage, I choose a different way by going with a superior evil staff which is a lot cheaper, has pretty good magic attack, more damage from squire buff and weapon upgrades. Add in 2 blue gem and that is a decent amount of magic damage.
At +3 upgrades with 1 lvl 5 gem with squire buff lvl15 i got 505 magic damage.
Its a decent placeholder till you can get lolopanther staff.

Its a good budget option if you are like me who are unlucky with drops, and would rather spend silver on levelling attributes than buying overprice stuff atm.

Superior Corona is what kTOS wizards use for ET.

At +6, it already beats Catacombs Club by 27 mATK for something along the lines of 1/6th the cost and because of how cheap it is, you can mess with Alchemist Briquetting to get +10% more mATK on it.

As cryo3kino3, my skill doesn’t scale with matk well. (I tested it with +100 and -100 matk and the difference isn’t that great. I currently use [Maga Rod,] and I don’t think there will be much damage due to my class’ weird scaling if I’ll switch to [Superior Corona Rod] despite matk difference because of the added earth property damage.

I’m sticking with maga for the added hp bonus and might upgrade it a lil bit later on.

In terms of raw DPS each of the items on the list is better than club.
As for me I didnt even count it as a wizard weapon, it’s a clerics one :wink:
The problem of the club is that it cant be upgraded with mattack, squire buff didt applyes to it either. The positive side of the club comes from it negative - you dont need to invest in it. It also have some manaregen that could save you some potion silver (not much tho).
They say, Maga Rod is great for sorcerers, because of it’s -SP thing. I believe it’s true :wink:
Ignition is great if you are wearing lots of +elemental_damage (arde/venom/karacha + head enchants + awakening) and super great if you are linker (or in the party with linker).
If you get to 220 lvl and still have no Maga/Ignition, just get Super Corona, upgrade it as much as possible, and be happy :wink:
Audra is nice for solo farm for elementalist, probably it’s even better for cryo.

Catacombs Club is best for Clerics. Only good for Wizards if you don’t consider upgrading your Weapon.

At final upgrades Ignition WINS because they all have similar matk up there but ignition has burn proc chance, at least that’s what I believe.

2 Likes

How hard/easy is it to get +9 Superior Corona? Use golden anvil to enhance? How much does golden anvil cost?

it’s untradable i believe, u just random drop from mobs

not that hard if youre luck is average.
Dont have to get it to +9 though, +7 is enough and that only costs like 800k-1mil total

Got silver everything is good, Catacomb is too much expensive for that raw damage, upgrade cost below a million but catacomb itself is more than whatever its is so its not recommended…
If you got Catacomb sell it fast away to get the other benefit in other stuffs…

Right now as a Cryo3 kino1 Warlock I choose catacombs over superior corona/magas/ignition. for the 9 cells icewall+PP to work you actually need that +1 AoE attack on the cata club (considering plate roxona gauntlets), cause you get a lot of 6 cells PP without it.

If you’re searching to purchase everything go to superior corona. If you get the cata club craft it. that would be my advice. (If you use icewall+PP Ignition is a nono as the burn applies to the icewall and you lose dmg).

aww… no Audra Staff?

• Max RAW DPS - Upgraded Superior Corona (can reach well over 450+mattack)

• Utility - Either Ignition(Burn) AudraStaff(Freeze) MagaRod(Financially incapable of buying SP pots)

• All Purpose - Catacombs Club, 300mattack and can be used with other chars if your not always playing on main.

PS: just realized this was a necroed post >,<; It hasn’t been closed though =3

Hate to disappoint you but aoe attack ratio has absolutely no effect on your PP.
It does not increase the amount of targets.

I made a cryo3>psy2 for one reason.

To be able to summon IW with 16 cell (4x4 formation) & Lv.10 PP + 2 AoE Ratio. To be able to hit those 16 cells for maximize damage burst.

However!

Once i recieved Vubbe to check this out, i too got disappointed due to this lie.
Because its still hitting 14 targets.
And all the false â– â– â– â–  people have written about this has probably started from 1 prick and merged over the time.

Just a tip, but youre free to check for urself.

1 Like

Pretty sure Aoe Atk ratio doesn’t increase your hitbox size else It would be a broken stat ( full atk ratio PoA anyone? ) . That explains why you’re still hitting the same amount of IW with PP because that’s your max hitbox.

Aoe Atk ratio only increases the amount of possible targets that you can hit within the scope of your hitbox.

AoE attack ratio doesn’t increase range, it increases the number of monsters you can hit within this range.

If those 2 extra tiles were out of your PP’s range, it would not matter how many targets it would be able to hit since those targets wouldn’t be in your hitbox.