Tree of Savior Forum

Mac OS X/Linux clients

What nando20xx says. About the only thing that gets less is the HDD space. Your Mac won’t run slower because of that.
If it was a virtual machine, it could have led to worse performance because both run at the same time, but with bootcamp that won’t happen.

I had a mac labtop at one point and used it. It does indeed slow things down but it depends on the quality of the labtop on the high end ones its barley noticeable on the lower end ones its aweful or so i’m told i was on the high end.

Im not sure why it happens.

Im not sure what low/high end you mean, if its about video card then no matter if its Mac or PC it will be low performance.

If your laptop got a good GPU it shouldnt bottle neck the processor when playing (by good GPU i mean GTX series not GT), other than that would be processor or hard disk in case its not SSD.

Honestly, after buying this laptop last year i decided to pay a bit more than i could afford for a SSD hard drive and i dont regret, and even more now on Win10, never saw this laptop run stuff so fast, and its a shitty mobo i think, not sure if clevo mobos are used on bigger manufactures but the one i bought this one (which is in my country) do the work, specialy now that i had to remove one of my 4GB memory modules, i had 8GB, and installed a new one of 8GB totalizing 12GB.

Im pretty happy now, just wish i could upgrade my GPU but its built in on the board (GTX660).

It’s kind of bothersome to have to start up in BootCamp every time to play, but that’s the way it usually goes in games. :\ I find that running the game on BootCamp runs even better than the Mac version once a developer releases it.

I will say though, as someone who has used BootCamp since 2007 for gaming purposes, there’s no issue with it making your computer run slow. And mine is only partitioned for a very, very small amount and handles all of the games well. So if that’s your primary concern, it’s not one to worry about.

1 Like

Well his big concern now i think would be disk space, if he is mac got ssd it maybe a 60-120GB? I dont know how much space the MacOS uses after installation, so i cant say if it will cause trouble, but if he only gonna play ToS, he could alocate 25GB for a windows installation + game installation and would have spare space for something else if he want to.

He really needs to provide his Macbook information for any of us to evaluate his situation further, but I’m sure if his parents recently bought him a Macbook or whatever Apple product, it’s better than mine.

I run BootCamp with a very small partition and almost no space left on an early 2011 Macbook Pro, no SSD, and never any problems at all…If you don’t want to count that it’s sometimes annoying having to restart into BootCamp to access games. But you get used to it, and almost all games which have a Mac client still continue to perform better on the Windows/BootCamp side from my perspective.

Sympathetic hugs to all Mac users! :slight_smile: :sparkles:

1 Like

I wish i could afford a mac, but oh well, still good enough my shitty clevo one lol.

Would be cool to have a SteamOS/Linux version, but I think that first we need a full working version (DirectX) an later a Vulkan version :).

What you mean fully working version DirectX? The game work on DirectX already, just the patcher require the flash.

As for Vulkan:

Compatibility
Initial specifications state that Vulkan will work on hardware that currently supports OpenGL ES 3.1 or OpenGL 4.X and up.[25]
As Vulkan support will require new graphics drivers, this does not
necessarily imply that every existing card that supports OpenGL ES 3.1
or OpenGL 4.X will have Vulkan drivers available.

Took from Wikipedia.

yeah it works in directx (11, 12?) but full working version means a complete release, thats why is still in beta and being tested. Later if it is possible maybe a vulkan version for a linux/steamos late 2016 - 2017, depends on how well vulkan is being implemented in graphics card cia’s and how hard will it be to program in it for developers.

DX9 if im not mistaken, if not its DX10 since the folder in the game folder indicate June 2010.

I use OS X too, not only for professional purpose, but also because I like the OS. Many games in steam works for Win/Linux/Mac, if IMC do it after testing will be so great because It’s hard for buying another notebook only to play Tree of Savior… Lucky I found an old windows at my disposal for test the game in this international beta, but I play with 10 FPS… It’s really difficulty.

Hi there! I’m a Mac user too but the game won’t run properly on my Mac. (I can still play but 3/4 of the screen mess up so bad I can’t see anything) Could you please tell me how you configure it?

I use Macbook pro (2012 version, the last one before the retina screen came out). I ran the game on parallel 8.1 with Window 8. Here are my specs:
Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB

You can see the picture of how my screen looks here:

THANK YOU!

mac has poor graphic since its limited to intel igpu on many machine, macbook pro and imac will find to hold this if it got opengl support.

i was able to run TOS on Wine though, the only problem im facing is that when i reach the Lodge and enter a character the game will load, but after the loading screen is gone the game will turn in to black, you could still see your cursor and hear your character move and the BG sound but after a few minutes it will shut down and you’ll recieve and Error without any code. Been finding ways to port it into Wine from morning to afternoon and still no avail.

my guess is that im missing something like an important .dll file, as far as i know TOS doesnt use Frame work and uses D9c and the Granado Espada Engine.

Oe, do you have a screen cut on bootCamp? how do you fix it ?

I’m a mac user too, don’t usually play PC games but really want to try this game, wish they could make a Mac OS X client.

1 Like

If you manage to run on Linux can you post the steps how to do it? I use Linux Mint 17.2.

Thanks in advance.

main build should be debian/ubuntu and it best to support vulkan 2 time performance and 10 time performance at heavy load.

this is what vulkan can do

1 Like

go Mac OS version pleeease :3