Tree of Savior Forum

(MAC OS) VGA error after new patch - Any CrossOver user out there?

Hi all

I play this game on Mac via CrossOver program with the instruction from this forum > [GUIDE] Updated! How To play TOS on Mac (PlayOnMac)

Please fill in as much as you can :

Date and Time(Please, specify the timezone) :
01/10/2017, time: right after the maintenance
Server Name: SEA Varena

Team Name: PonyS

Character Name: ALL

Bug Description : After loading the new patch, the login screen turns black and the error box appears (about VGA errors) anyway I can still hear the theme song

Steps to reproduce the issue :

1. verify integrity of game cache on steam
  2. it doesn’t work so I delete all game contents
  3. reinstall the game
  4. the login screen still turns black

Screenshots / Video :

System

• CPU: i5
  • RAM: 16gb

Please help, Thanks

same error here

i have i5 2500k win 7 ultimate, 8gbram, GTX 560TI 2gb,

SAME ERROR

SUPPORT HELP PLZ

But im not use ADDONS

Support won’t help with unsupported OSes (Mac, Linux, ChromeOS, etc…), Since your MAC have an i5, why not do a bootcamp? It bring less problems than use an emulator or VM.

Try turn off G-sync or even reset the GPU driver settings to its default.

i Play wow, d3 , lol and dont have error with GPU and VGA only error apear on TOS why?

this error on my drive, my computer? or error from TOS?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

See SS plz.

I have i5 2500k, Win 7 Ultimate, GTX 560ti EVGA, 8Gb RAM corsair dual channel, HD 1 tera, AND TOS no playable for me WHY?

its insane guys i play others games easy.

i need buy another computer? spent 3k dolars? for super computer to a play TOS? Ridiculous zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 Like

That doesn’t mean a thing. every game works different, some bug in certain driver settings, others don’t, others run smooth in certain settings, others don’t.

Well i give a simple solution, if you will try or not its your choice.

Just so you know, ToS is not optimized in any mean, still have long way to get a stable version, even the KR one i think still far from good.

Well i will leave this thread, i can see that it will turn out in a bait or better, already did, since one ask for advice or help and when receive start to complain and saying this and that work while ToS don’t.

Just send a ticket to them instead of creating such threads.

Gl there.

1 Like

Thanks for trying to help,
But I think the game does not have support I do not see GM here in the forum worried about the situation of the players.
It even seems like things are done on purpose, you know.
When I say that I play other games in a normal and very good way
And just to show that the problem is not in my machine or drivers
Of my computer, but something in TOS.
This type of error has been occurring with other people for a long time
Usually after some maintenance, or was something that was done by IMC that did not work.
When I check the integrity of the files by Steam, it always fails to acquire three files, so for me and more than of course it is a problem
Of IMC whether it is in communication with Steam or not.
But the most annoying of all and you come in the forum, set up a Post and not see anyone from the Staff IMC to pronounce you have the sensation of total abandonment.
I can leave the house now and go to a store and buy a new computer to spend 3k dollars, but I will not do that I prefer to use this money inside the game.
And the support has the obligation to monitor the forum and see the problems generated by the
Modifications they have made and at least say look we are working to solve your problem as soon as possible.
In the company where I work and so on.

Never leave your customer treat the good even if he does not deserve one day he will help you in one way or another, be it financially or bringing new customers or speaking well of your company’s service well provided by it.
But for now I see that is not the case.

Well I use Boot Camp in my MAC so I don’t have to install these weird programs and it works perfectly

Hi guys! im the creator of the said post on how to play on mac Sadly IMC wont help you guys since TOS doesn’t have a official Native client for mac so posting it here wont really help since IMC doesn’t have any mac tech support on their team.

I’ve read your messages on my post i spent all day finding a way to fix the crosstie because of the new update. Sadly there is no way on fixing it, the reason i don’t know hadn’t had the time to check the patch notes. But i was able to Play TOS again on Wineskin, but sadly i wont be making a guide on that anytime soon. as i stopped playing. maybe someone here who knows how to use wineskin might help :smiley:

Thank you so much for your reply even though you already quit TOS :joy: Little comment helped me a lot! I have adjusted myself by playing on PC instead (finally!) Anyway i will try playing on Wineskin. Thanks for your help xxx :grin:

the same problem exists for windows no?..seems to appear randomly like the other 2 major bugs…think it was somethin with directX…but does mac even support that? i doubt it kinda

no problem hahaha 3 days after your post i decided to check back and saw that you tagged my guide and decided to look into it. if you are planning on playing it on wineskin i highly suggest finding a Patched Wineskin wrapper with Winestagging on it. it fixes the issues you have encountered on my Crosstie. Cheers

Please help, can you help me or guide me how to play TOS on wineskin??? I know you quit but I have try wine bottler, wine skin, crossover, playonmac, windows parelle, and still nothing work. I don’t have enough space to do bootcamp on my mac now. Please please help!!!