Tree of Savior Forum

Low-Quality De/Buffs

Been wanting to post this for a while, you can usually find the information on a couple of buffs, but not really on a large scale, so I wanted to at least dedicate a thread to (de)buffs, to which are considered useless.

To start out, from my own experience,
-Restoration- 580 base HP recovery at level 15, 50 SP through the Attribute, it’s rather small for a level 15 buff, it doesn’t help in any way other than slightly increasing your base recovery (SP recovery is horrible.) and is out performed by a lot of buffs (it feels like it’s more of a relic at this point).

I’d like to hear what everyone considers a bad buff in this game or what experiences you’ve had with them, it would also help inform players of what buffs to stay clear from and which ones are only useful in certain builds/combinations.
(DPZone thread made me end up posting it.)

2 Likes

Agility from Enchanter is another very bad buff. No one uses 15 points into it for 75 STA and STA*1.5% dodge chance… It’s even worse because its a rank8-10 skill, yet is one of the worst buffs in the game.

The new attribute only makes people put 1 point into it for an easy +5 mov speed, but since it only works for the caster, I don’t think the attribute is enough to make the skill good. Still a very useless buff for your party, specially since monks dont even need Stamina anymore. And if someone really wanted stamina, Agility could be replaced by buying lvl10-11 Arcane scrolls

2 Likes

Don’t understand 75*1.5=112.5 WUUUT?
If imc means 1.5% of current STA, than they need to change description of the skill, cause now it’s looks like a fraud

Does it buff your evasion, or give it’s own evasion? (Like Murmillo’s helmet)
Such a low value of evasion.
Speaking of evasion, Evasive Action, how’s the revamped version working out? (SR)

Yes, it’s 1.5% of current stamina. A player with 30+75 Stamina and lvl 15 buff will have a 1.575% chance of dodging… The skill description has been updated a while ago, before it said something like 15% of current STA but the formula was 1.5%, but I do agree it should be updated again.

If it buffs your evasion or adds another chance, I have no idea. I dont even know if its an “evasion” or “miss” when it procs too, my Agility is only lvl1 so I’ve never seen it work before. I only took lvl1 for the +5 mov speed attribute.

• Squires Penalty Reduction, what the actual ■■■■ is this.
  • Chronomancers Slow Critical Resistance Debuff, 15% of Int turned into critical resistance reduction, on a class that scales with spirit, and even 15% is kind of a joke even if it were Spirit, with 700 It’d be 105 crit resistance reduced.
  • Enchanters Agility, does anyone even use stamina anymore?
  • Enchanters Empowering, I think this is kind of weak, but can be situationally good too I suppose…
  • Clerics Deprotect Zone, Doesn’t scale well, takes too long to build up.
  • Paladins Restoration, Used to be fairly decent, now it’s terrible.
  • Taoists Tri Disaster Charm buff, Doesn’t scale well, should offer something more useful.

Those are the ones I can think off off the top of my head.

3 Likes

screenshot_20180915_00003

looks like " dodge=dodge + (STA * 0.1)% "
butt work like " dodge=dodge + STA * (0.1%) "
more easily to understand if " dodge = dodge + 0.001*STA "

In one GTW, I remember a Zealot guildie looking to party with an Enchanter with max Empowering due to the insane SP increase (in theory it would double Blind Faith’s damage). Other than that, I too think skill’s too situational.

I totally forgot about Penalty Reduction, I remember someone told me that it had a “hidden effect” of lowering the rate at which gears need repairs, but that’s probably just a bad assumption from the player.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.