Tree of Savior Forum

Low FPS and Optimization

I run the game in low performance, but it still drop fps.
My specs are:
CPU: i3 GPU: Radeon HD 5450, 1gb DDR3, 4gb RAM. This meets the minimun requeriments.
Someone run the game with similar specifications?
On other hand, i update the DirectX but i can’t test the game with this (server down :frowning:).

3 Likes

It’s work better with DirectX update, but still some slow.

how much fps u getting on avg?

I believe the general issues revolves around the fact that the game seems imposible to run on a stable amount of fps. My specs should be over the recommended, but still struggle to maintain over 30 fps on over populated areas. This game demands multi threading optimization.

2 Likes

Uhhh, what if you
GITGUD PC

Same problem too, i think they need do more optimize for this game.

1 Like

GTX 660 ti
I7 3.40GHz
12 Gb of Ram
Windows 7
1 TB HDD

I get like 20 ~ 140 Fps.

It varies a LOT depending on how many characters are on the screen, and the ammount of skills they use too. Like Screen Shaking skills for example.

3 Likes

First of your PC by PC standards is really low specs.

The GPU is the thing thats killing it. I have no idea why you have such a excuse me crappy GPU.

What type of i3 do you have. Thats like saying you have a “Pentium” it doesn’t tell us much. Please install Speccy

And take a screenshot so we can see your system specs. If you don’t feel comfortable with that Windows + R and type in dxdiag and press enter. Post screenshot.

So anyways minimum requirements doesn’t mean stable fps. It just means you can run the game.

Also your system does not meet the minimum requirements since you have a 5450 and thats quite worse compared to the minimum 8600 GT http://www.hwcompare.com/460/geforce-8600-gt-512mb-ddr2-vs-radeon-hd-5450/

While I can’t deny that the game has FPS spike problems we’re seeing it on twitch and youtube with Intel i7 5820K/i7-4790K with 980Ti. It so far runs pretty well heres my specs

The game runs pretty well and the problem is too many units on screen really thats where the FPS drops also big boss battles. I’m sure over time they can optimize this maybe even think about DX12 features. But yeah too many skills or too many people makes FPS drop.

Well hopefully for the next beta test I’ll ahve my i7-6700k with R9 390 and a 21:9 monitor. I’m really interested how far the 21:9 support goes.

I have around the same setup, except with a Radeon 6450. Runs 50-60 fps when alone, but drops to 10 fps when grinding in a big group, for example. A bit worse for Field bosses, around 7-8 fps :(. So I hope they’ll optimize it in the future, yeah.

I also get a lot of graphical glitches (like the world map not showing the background, or NPCs becoming huge red glitch squares) that soon crash the game.

i have
i3 4130
8gb ram
gtx 750
windows 7

everything is smooth @ 1080p
all high quality
average fps around 60- 130 sometimes drop around 40 -50 depending on lag

i5 4670k 4.0ghz oc
8gb ram
radeon r9 280x
w7

got constantly 60fps :eyes:

I7-3770
r9 280x
8GB RAM
and SSD storage
Still get FPS Drop…

Amd fx 6100 @3.8
R9 280x 3Gb
8Gb Ram
500Gb Ssd

100+ fps when soloing, 40 or so when in a 5 man group casually grinding, 20 when in mass grind area. 15 in city…

Also high poohVz, I was grinding with you for about 4 hours in akmens ridge lol.

oh lol haha, was on lazy mode today.
Just bind my attack key and afk haha

System

• CPU : Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
  • RAM : 16 GB
  • Graphics Card : Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
  • Mainboard : Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 7
  • Storage: 250gb Samsung SSD 850 Evo

My FPS has not dropped below 55 in any parts of the game that i’m aware of, i could turn vsync off for 170-220 fps but my monitor only supports up to 120 so it looks a bit glitched when i don’t have it at exactly 60 or 120.

This may not help you directly, but it may help somebody. Do you have an integrate graphics card along with your dedicated GPU? I do, and I was getting terrible FPS despite having an Nvidia GTX 860M.

It turns out that Tree of Savior was, for some reason, defaulting to the intergrated graphics card. Once I made a specific rule that ToS use only the Nvidia card, everything was much better after restarting the game.

I do still run it with all the graphics checkboxes off.

1 Like

Yeah I thought as much xD. It was you and a few others afk’ing on the pillar lol.

System

• CPU : Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
  • RAM : 16 GB
  • Graphics Card : Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
  • Mainboard : Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 7
  • Storage: 250gb Samsung SSD 850 Evo

My FPS has not dropped below 55 in any parts of the game that i’m aware of, i could turn vsync off for 170-220 fps but my monitor only supports up to 120 so it looks a bit glitched when i don’t have it at exactly 60 or 120.

Tbf, (assuming your specs are legit) you have an i7-4790k and a Gtx 970. Those specs can play the Witcher 3 maxed on it’s own. It isn’t going to be anywhere near the recommended specs for this game, and 55 fps on that card in a game that still uses DirectX 9 would be disappointing to me xD

This may not help you directly, but it may help somebody. Do you have an integrate graphics card along with your dedicated GPU? I do, and I was getting terrible FPS despite having an Nvidia GTX 860M.

It turns out that Tree of Savior was, for some reason, defaulting to the intergrated graphics card. Once I made a specific rule that ToS use only the Nvidia card, everything was much better after restarting the game.

I do still run it with all the graphics checkboxes off.

Sounds like your internal Gpu may be still turned on in your Bios settings some where. Mine is completely turned off and only uses pci-e gpu so no other graphics options apart from my 280x are displayed.

just make sure ure using ur GPU full potential. make sure its not in balance mode but it is in maximized performance. :3 hope this helps.

Actually, Witcher 3 came free with this graphics card when i bought it, even though i mainly built this pc for games like GTA 5 and Skyrim super modded lol. What i mean by the 55 fps is that it jumps around between 55-60 on screen, but it always feels like im playing at 60 fps, so my setup is probably overkill for this game :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: