Tree of Savior Forum

Low FPS and Optimization

they should put more resolution options like 800x600 and a way to change the icons/text size, small resolutions are less demanding on old graphic cards

The game is poorly optimized, i m using i7-4790k and gtx980ti, it will drop to around 20fps when too many player killing mob in the same map, funny thing is, it doesnt even max out my cpu or gpu usage, lol

1 Like

This basically.
I am on a fairly potent PC as well as most of everyone here, except for maybe the CPU.

Phenom II 4x Overclocked at 3.7 GHZ
GTX 780
8 GB RAM
Win 7 Pro
SSD Hybrid

The game runs at 100+ FPS constantly if I am alone or with 1-2 players with me.
The moment I have 10+ players on the map, performance drops to around 40 FPS and beyond that, Iā€™ve seen even 20 FPS.
However, CPU and GPU usage stays the same. Iā€™ve not seen my GPU go over 40% usage and my CPU stays at 50-55% usage all the time.
This is not the case when I play any other game, such as GW2, Witcher 3, Rising Thunder, etc.

Your graphics card is slower than the minimum requirement.

AMD FX 8350 X8 4Ghz
SAPPHIRE R7 240 2GB
SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB
8 GB RAM

20~140 FPS

Minimum means you can play the game, barely.

Honestly, this game barely requires any since itā€™s 2.5 D

i7-4720HQ(2.60GHz)
GTX-860M(4GB)
RAM 16.0GB
SSD 512GB
OS Windows8.1

8~22 FPS
How should I do to improve this FPS?
I guess CPU is really important. I need higher GHz.
Low FPS is terrible.

Wow! how many comments lol, yeah i think the central problem resides in the GPU, as many said when alone the fps is between 40-60, but how much people is around itā€™s decrease. The particle effects is what low too much the fps (10-15 fps). Probably imc optimize in the next beta or release, and itā€™s run much better.
For other hand, Itā€™s the problem with all the action online games, the dynamic collision demands too much process and how much collision itā€™s calculating respect to the characters in map, it run more slow. But the problem still is the GPU in my case.
Thanks for all!

Oh god why did I not consider checking thatā€¦

is 3d, just give the feel of 2,5D and as you see even people with decent pcs has been having probs, its cause the optimization

Your CPU its ok, whatever thing above i5 its ok. Maybe the problem in the GPU

The minimum system requirements are too high.

Come at me @_@!

3 Likes

Itā€™s almost like the game was made in the flash engine, The optimization is that bad.

Iā€™m really worried about system requeriments, optimization, fpsā€¦

Actually if you turn off all effects, applications and do some optimize PC then you donā€™t have to worry.
And here my toaster laptop specification.

Windows 7
Rating : 3.1 Windows Experience Index
Processor : IntelĀ® Coreā„¢2 Duo CPU T6670 @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz
Installed memory(RAM): 4.00GB
System type : 32-bit Operating System
:white_flower: ( i change it to 16-bit and it work even better .___. )

Mobile IntelĀ® 4 Series Express Chipset Family
:white_flower: ( i donā€™t think it even a Graphics Card .___. )
I really do not understand the computer and itā€™s all about my adjustments.

This toaster laptop can even play Tree Of Savior with 10-20 fps but the only problem is in town my FPS drops to 5 and hunting monster group or maps boss my game will hang.

This low effect make my game look like ā€œcertain old-school gameā€ if you donā€™t mind it. :u6709:

IMC really make a promise that laptop can play Tree Of Savior. :ideograph_advantage:

For low end and/or older Laptops-PCā€™s there is no hope. But anyway the solution to CPU blottlenecking and graphics optimization isnā€™t on our hands.

Thanks! very usefull information :smiley:

i5 3rd gen
16gb ram
gtx 670m (yeah itā€™s a laptop)

I get 7FPS in towns while I play Guild Wars 2 with 30 FPS on highest settings, 60+ on lowest.

To be fair mate, GW2 played pretty poorly in BETA and improved over the course of THREE YEARS. Needless to say, not even remotely a fair comparison.
I went from having 20-30 FPS in GW2 BETA to today having 60-90 FPS. Thatā€™s what several years of optimizing does.

However, we must continue to report these things so that TOS grows and evolves into a well optimized game as well.

ok. I found a ā€œsolutionā€ for me.

I also got ultra low fps of 3-9 when walking in a town, mob or animated whatever, but i noticed a real difference when another game was running in the background, i donā€™t know if it matters which game it is, but when Ragnarok (euRO Server) was open in the background the game was always around 35 to 58 fps, no more problemsā€¦ this cannot be a solution for the future but maybe IMC can find a solution

I thinks itā€™s a driver / graphics card interaction problem.

sys: win7 64bit, Radeon HD 7800series, v-sync = off