Tree of Savior Forum

Lost New Player - Alchemist Help

Alternatively, would Sorcerer>Onmiyoji have any synergy?.. Could be a cool mix.

honestly all mentioned here will work.you can just pick one, try it, love it?no? then rebuild it.the game recently giveaway free reset points.i even get 1k point weekly.its not a big deal

1 Like

Would need the summoner changes to test if the Necro > Sorc build is good. Apparently I think Sorc + Nec + Featherfoot is one of the best builds in Ktest? But that is also with Ignas summon which is … totally not within my budget

Onmyoji > Shadowmancer is fine I guess. Onmyoji has a lot of AOE and Shadowmancer helps out for bossing. Warlock could be a better choice than Shadowmancer, or Psychokino for even better AOE and crowd control

1 Like

@AinsOoalGown
That makes sense, how do you get reset points as a new player? I would be happy being able to try out several options.

@icyruios
Understansable, what changes are coming? Anywhere we can see the upcoming patch notes? I went with Onmiyoji for now. I feel very spoiled having so much AoE after leveling with just Wiz>Alchemist skills. Gives me some time to debate the last slot. For the strongest character, sounds like you would probably recommend Kino as BiS?

I was just thinking SM simply because it interests me, and because the shadow clone sounds like it would be both valued in groups and would help the Onmiyoji skills have a higher value against bosses.

I like the idea of Pyro, Featherfoot, SM, Sorcerer for the last spot - will have to see what has the most synergy I guess. Really want the character to be good at farming and stuff.

Thanks everyone for the input! I am sure my questions have been answered a million times, but I really appreciate you taking the time to help provide me with current patch information. Loooks like a lot of things are changing.

The changes are in the general thread. Basically summoners are getting buffed. Sorcerer’s summons do more damage, especially the popular summons that they buffed specifically such as Gorkas/Netherbovine/Froster Lord/Ignas/Marnox/Zaura/Templeshooter which are the more commonly used summons.

There are also some even more recent changes to summoners. IMC can’t really pick a sweet spot to buff/nerf summoners because buffing too much makes bots OP, but nerfed it too much makes the class overall bad for normal players. They are trying to make changes to make it such that actively using your debuff would help you do more damage.

For Onmyoji, I guess you already know by trying that the AOE is seriously OP. But then again when you reach higher level, just spamming Onmyoji skills won’t be enough and you probably would have some downtime when your skills are cooldown.

I personally would run either Psychokino for more AOE and Fire Fox Shikigami boosted Gravity Pole. My other option would be Warlock because it is pretty good in bossing. The downside is that I received information that Pole of Agony scrolls won’t be able to be used in Legend Raids so you won’t be able to use Pole of Agony ARTS to the fullest. The class overall is still pretty good.

Your selection of classes won’t be the strongest or the meta class because you have Alchemist sadly. But most importantly is to pick classes that would still do well, and I think Onmyoji + Psychokino/Warlock would be great options to keep you viable. If you want PVP, Onmyoji + Psychokino is an added bonus because of the AOE and the crowd control. For farming, Onmyoji itself is already a great class because Howling White Tiger gives you a movement speed boost which means that more than half the time you would be moving very fast.

I have a Shadowmancer but I stopped playing it since I’m focused on levelling my other classes. But from what I’ve tried in CM, it doesn’t contribute much. It should do better on bosses but you can try it out first. The AOE is really really lackluster. Pyromancer is also great because the class by itself is already strong. Featherfoot is a common option for many builds because the class have good debuffs + survivability

1 Like

Hmm, yeah, I guess I could always switch my classes too if it doesn’t work out. That’s good to remember. This game has a good problem to have - most of the classes seem really fun. So many classes, too few slots. >.<

Thanks all for the help! I have been referring back to this thread as I level my character!