Tree of Savior Forum

Looking for Support / Defensive Build

Hello Wizards,

First off, I am not really used to playing a magic casting class so you have to bear with me. I just wanted to explore each class tree in ToS since I think the customization is so Diverse.

I started out with the Swordsman Tree, which is what I am most used to in MMOs and RPGs in general. And I’ve always liked to be on the supporting and defensive end of the Party / Gameplay. I was wondering if there are particular classes I should stick to if I wanted this kind of role for a Wizard.

Being as simple as I am in terms of familiarity, I was looking to explore Cryomancer, which is the “Blue” class of Wizard Tree. If it makes any sense, I followed the logic that since a Peltasta has a blue class Icon, then this might be a good point to start with. I don’t know if I’m wrong in thinking that. :sweat:

Appreciate any help.

cryo isn’t strictly a ‘defensive’ class, but rather a status/CC class. cryo3/chrono3 is a popular support class for powerful CC and buffing.

There’s a lot of other builds in here as well. For support, you’d want to look at the linker, thaumaturge, and chrono builds.

Okay, I know this question would be counter-intuitive but how does it perform on its own? I have long periods of time doing solo.

Cryo is a damage class, but comparatively it has longer cooldowns than pyro and less dps. It is, however, less position reliant and has CC, which ages well to endgame while raw damage doesn’t. Solowise, you probably won’t have more difficulty than say, a cleric would.

Good to know. Are there any alternatives to Chronomancer, though?

Linker is always sought after, but also occupies the lower ranks as cryo and isn’t always worth fully investing in. One or two circles, though, can always be useful if you have the room for it. Thaumaturge gives large, but flat, increases to damage. Besides those, sorcerer is somewhat pseudo support by having the rather good summon servant buffs, but besides that it’s mostly offensive. There’s also runecaster, but is a rather niche use class for basically only rune of ice.

1 Like

Thanks for the help, yo! Cryo it is. :slight_smile: