Tree of Savior Forum

List of Swordsman's move-skills that don't break Iron Hook

This is a thread for Corsairs of any rank.

Specific skills in game allow to slighly move character without breaking hook. For now I know of: Long Stride (you can see a lot of proofs here) and Frenzied Slash (here on 2:12).

I would like some help from fellow corsairs and people who play at ktos / watch ktos vids a lot to comment on whether it is true for following skills as well:

Zwerchhau? (does it even move the character?) / Doppel 3
Joust? / Lancer 1
Shield Charge? / Rodelero 1
any others?

PLS NOTE that report on movement-related skill 100% breaking hook is also a good report, just to make things clear.

Confirmed not to break hook while moving character:
Long Stride / hoplite 2
Frenzied Slash / murmillo 1
Steed Charge => by Tanzen / cata1
Balestra Fente => by Maleskine / fencer 3
Cartar Stroke => by Eon11 (see the vids!) [moves character one step closer to the enemy]

Confirmed to break hook while moving character:
Mokuton => by Stormrider / shinobi

Thank you.

@greyhiem ?

Based on the info above, some pool of PvP build ideas for c8 Corsair:

Sw3-Cata3-Cor1-Lancer1
Sw2-Hop2-Cor3-Drag1 (or Doppel or Ninja or Hop3, but I prefer Dragoon)
Sw2-Barb3-Cor2-Murmillo1
Sw2-Hop2-Cor1-Doppel1-Dragoon2
Sw3-Pelt1-Cor1-Fencer3

Honestly, if more ppl do builds like this for arena - crybabies will stop complaining swordies are weak and start complaining that hook is OP.

1 Like

Mokuton breaks hook unfortunately.

1 Like

Thanks! Still need feed on everything else.

Steed Charge doesn’t break the hook.

edited for clarity

1 Like

Doesn’t break hook, I understood correct?

UPD. Thanks a lot!

Anyone can comment on Balestra Fente now?

UPD2. Damn, that means Cowboy build is a very real threat if executed correctly.

My guildmate, Maleskine, just confirmed Balestra Fente doesn’t break hook.

Mix that with the fact that both Preparation and Epee Garde will boost Pistol Shot, and you can easily see how Cor3-Fencer3 may actually be very good endgame… if game ever survives that long lol.

2 Likes

what about joust? anyone know?

IIRC, as long as you don’t manually move, your hook will not break. I tested all my Cataphract skills, except impaler.

Well that’s not entirely true, being moved by Ice Wall, Frost Pillar or Magnetic Force breaks the effect too.

And hey, Mokuton does break it too even though its not “manual move”. We should gather data, not make assumptions.

Bump.

20 hooked characters

i aint hooked, i can stop whenever i want to.

1 Like

You can put the name of the class who have this skills?

Like: Balestra Fente / Fencer

its not like im using, its like my body has developed that massive deficiency xD

1 Like

interesting how to work Shield Charge with iron hook

Cyclone (dopp) and Seism (barb) don’t break hook, if you wanna know. Like to do these 2 when hooking. In fact I haven’t seen any of my skills breaking it.

If you’re looking for skills that move your character towards the target after you hook then from afar, consider Cartar Stroke. Every time you use it your character take one step forward. The reach is great and also helps to be sure that you’re next to the target in case of desync which happens a lot on PVP. Also, if you play using a controller, it helps to turn your character around.

Please, can your friend provide a video of the Hook -> Balestra combo from Fencer 3?

3 Likes

He told me he saw it on stream, ill ask for a link but hes not online now. He told he is sure tho.

hey, but if you actually move while cycloning it breaks.

it’s true cyclone is good with hook tho. but it’s a thread about skills that would allow you to move while hooking.

By the way, I just wanted to say - wow, I was not aware of this, and this is actually a very good utility thing for PvP, amazing! Thanks for the info!

I found a pvp video that serves as a good example!