Tree of Savior Forum

Linker1 still viable?

Hi, I played in iCbt and was a Sorc/Necro summon wizard. During then,most people, including me went Linker1 in our builds(exception of support wizes who went Linker3). There were a lot less people taking Linker2 compared to Linker1. However, from what I read in the forums, most builds seem to advocate Linker2 now? Is it due to the nerfs on JP/HK that was datamined? Can I still go Linker1 and still be viable or is this strongly discouraged? Comparing Linker2 and Linker1, it is an extra 3 targets on Joint Penalty plus the ability to share buffs. The extra 3 targets is further reduced to 2 targets as I was using the Joint Penalty gem in iCbt, which I intend to get if I do go Linker1 instead of Linker2. A 6 monster JP served me well at least up to level 200 content. Hence my question here is, the extra 2 targets/ability to share buffs worth me taking Linker2 and making my levelling weaker at early game as a result for a bit more utility late game?

P.S. I am still going Sorc again. However, I might be getting Warlock/Sorc3 instead of Necro2, still in the midst of deciding.

well I guess the reason people like to avoid linker now is the number of debuffs. they took away the aoe multiplier and ppl were like “woah! well… but its still good for grinding!” then they took away some more links and ppl said “maann… well, HK still i a viable cc”. just before they shortened the HK stun.

IMO linker 1 is viable if you know what you can expect of it. with that dandel gem you gain another link which makes it easier to mob. HK still pulls mobs together and stuns them for a short amount of time.
if you know how to play your cards it might work well for you. if you want to go full pet sorc/necro, linker c2 might be usefull as well :slight_smile:

I hope that was of any use to you :smiley:

2 Likes

I don’t think they reduced the number of links? Did they? It is still 5 for level 5 and 8 for level 10 right?

I am not sure if I am going full pet yet, the skeletons die like flies at bosses it is sad, hence I can’t decide between Linker1 and 2.

1 Like

They hit hangmans knot which was the most useful part. So linker has gotten big nerfs but depending on what you mixing it with c1 linker could still be useful. The value of grouping for aoe skills has just gone down significantly.

I am taking Pyro2 for early classes and maybe Sorc3/Warlock/Necro2 for R7.

You are right , i misread something … Omg i spend too much time at the forum nowadays… :confounded: forgive me

I loved to play linker c1 in cbt and to be honest - i don’t wont to Miss it in obt :slight_smile:

Yea I liked Linker1 too. I was soloing the level 200 dungeon in Fedimian with Linker1 and my Sorc/Necro summons.

Hello I’m newb at linkers but I want to play LinkerC2.

Why does dandel gem affect Joint Penalty at C1 but not at C2?

-

Read up on monster gems.

It adds + 1 skill level.

Level 6 has 1 more link then level 5.
Where level 5 is the natural max for any c1 skill.

Level 10 has 8 and level 11 has 8 too…
Level 12 then 9.

So that’s whay.

1 Like

Unfortunately, Linker 1 is not really viable for PvE end game content, the number of targets is just too low (5). However, it is still good in PvP.

For featherfoot users.
Linker 1 or 2 is mandatory ^^.

As blood bath get’s shared via links. Not just the dps, the whole skill does ^^.

Even makeing it a 5 enemy hit skill. Is 5 times better then 1 xD.

So for some builds it’s still viable. But there’s better to have atleast linker c2 if you already took linker 1. For many reasons.

Linker 3 is still debatable… has some funny mechanics with traumathurge altough.

It all depends if you’re more of a solo player or party player. Because as of now, linker1 is just not worth it, better take an other class that synergies well with your build and look for a linker2 partner to play with. I’d say linker2 is mandatory, linker1 is to avoid atm for end game PvE, at least it’s the feeling i got trying it.

^^

that’s true.

One of my builds is.
Wiz>Cryo3>Link2>Featherfoot.

Simply because i want my featherskills to spread.
And links work well with hit skills.
Like iceshards.

It’s hard to line enemy up perfectly~

Would go an othe rpathway… but feather relays so much on links xD.

Cryo3 will give you mad CC, and linker2 is just godlike with single target classes like featherfoot. Great build! Hope to see in you in game.

^^

I have a few fun builds too.
A tank wiz

Which is combi of cryo, trauma, linker and feather xD… but that is funky…

–
We will most likely. Atleast if no EU Server pops up.
Which is going to happen (no eu servers, doesn’t matter that much to me. I don’t play AA focused xD).

–
Read up on what you should expect in the first days/month.
You’re around since 9 days as it seems ^^.

I’m in EU too, better be an european server popping up.
Already did a lot of reading, just taking a break and hanging out.

ATM unlikely to happen xD.

I mean 10 days … if they didn’t consider it beforehand. That time alone is really short.

And zero info … since monday about server plans.
Generally quite, except mods trying to calm people down, sucessfully decreasing the constant stream of the hate circle.

I am half solo/party. I will be taking JP gem, so it is 6 targets. What is at level 200+ that requires 8 targets instead of 6? 6 target link seemed fine up to 200 in iCbt for me.

there was this video where featherfoot doesn’t have linker in his build but still does AOE damage a lot of people watched the vid too i forgot which thread. everyone was sure there was no linker skill in his quick slot.

Yeah man i’m probably running wiz 3 - ele 3 - featherfoot. Why the hell in the world would i pick linker just to spread 1 skill which is bloodbath? bloodsucking already has some AoE and the other 3 spells are bullshit anyway. I’m tired of seeing people say stuff like X class NEEDS Y bla bla. U can just have a linker in your party and do whatever u want anyways. Nerfs on linker have been tough to accept at the point where it is not looking like a good option for those who want DPS as main idea. But who knows…

Things will be changing all the time so we should just have some fun and enjoy the game for now. Later on when all the classes are released we can theorycraft like experts on this forum to get to the best builds for each purpose. It is just not the time to do so yet.

1 Like