Tree of Savior Forum

Linker, Thaumaturge and Alchemist questions

Guys, I have some questions about the skills and combos for those classes…
1 - Is thaumaturge C3 worth it? I mean…is the big head buff interesting?
2 - Let’s suppose you’re running full Int. If you use Transpose (thaumaturge) and the Lifeline (linker) the value shared will be your Con instead of your Int? Would that be interesting if you were partying with other wizard classes? Is that possible to share more than one stat? Supposing that my Int and Spr were the highest…both would be shared? I’ve seen people saying that Spr is not a good stat right now…but would it be ok to go Int/Spr for a supp character imagining the share of stats with lifeline and transpose?
3 - Is the skill Dig useful for alchemists who are not going to get combustion? I mean can you dig itens that are going to be used for tincturing for example?

And just one more thing…is Chronomancer C1 useful? (not going for C2 or 3)

There arn’t many Thaumaturges out there, especially at Rank 3 to answer your question. So I’m one of a few. I’m in a process of writing a Thaumaturge Guide so keep an eye out for it! :smiley:

1. Thaumatuge C3 is not worth it. Swell Brain at the moment only gives you 150 INT. Maxing the attribute will cost you at least 5 mil, and 150INT is only worth 150 mATK. Not many abilities scale off INT. This skill is only useful as a way of Transposing.

C2 is rare but interesting since Thaum’s best abilities are Swell Left and Right arm anyway and Swell Brain is not worth the effort.

C1 is the most intelligent decision since Swell Left arm is actually the Thaumaturge’s best ability and it doesn’t get that much better at higher levels and it also gives you access to Transpose.

1. Casting Lifeline cancels Transpose on cast, however you can Transpose after Lifeline. You can indeed share your huge CON stat with everyone in your party, but considering Lifeline only lasts 30s and the increased health is not healed it’s very, very situational since it requires heavy healing which can promptly disappear when the buff duration is over. Probably only good in PVP.

Chronomancer c1 is not useful. You are missing out on Haste c2 and Pass c3, furthermore Quicken won’t hit a high enough rank to be effective.

Thanks a lot! Your answer made me consider things I’d ignored…such as the duration of lifeline and the healing required after that…
Hmmm…swell brain sounded like it could be a really good skill…but it is definitely not worth the trouble…
Say…I’m going for a support alchemist (basically a char to try to make some money) I was going to go for wiz>pyr>linker>thau>chrono>alchC2…I thought quicken was already something to look for even in the first 5 points…the idea was to use the swell body and the reincarnate skills to make farming more interesting…do you think I should give up on that and go thaumaturge C2? (I am a linker already)
Tks again for your answer! I’ll definitely keep an eye out for your guide!

I’ve always thought that Thauma would benefit for higher lvls, so, something like this would be actualy good

might be a good idea =D tks

Hey @Cloowy,

The build attached by @Meemers is actually quite an excellent one I would strongly recommend it.

However I would like to have you consider some things.

If your goal is to make use of Swell Body for party leveling etc. the skill level must be at least 10. Whilst at lower levels it does not seem as much, one you hit level 200+ it becomes very difficult to deal with a double HP monster on such a small timer.

The good thing about the build suggested is that it can give a clean 200~ atk/matk to your party, and has access to Transpose.

It would only be beneficial to pick up Thaum c1 here if you were going for a full INT build and are using Transpose to go into your ‘Tank/Support’ build.

Because of the limitations behind Swell Body Lvl5 if you decided to only do Thaum c1 I would recommend getting Swell Left Arm 5, Transpose 4-5, Swell Body 0-1, Shrink Body 5.

Thaum 2 Chrono 2 is something I’ve never seen and I’m not sure if I can advice for it, as you miss out on Pass which is one of the strongest abilities in the game at end game raiding.

However you will have Haste, Quicken, Enchant Fire, Link and Swell Left + Right meaning you can accelerate grinding/party play immensely.

You said your build right now was Wiz Pyro Linker. You have three paths from here.

Wiz Pyro Linker Linker Chrono Chrono Chrono - current meta full support Wizard build. Specializing in ‘end game’ content.

Wiz Pyro Linker Thaum Chrono Chrono Chrono - full INT transpose + damage buff build. This is somewhere in between, the Chrono 3 Pass could make up for the weaknesses in Linker 1 and Thaum 1. This would be the most experimental build I think.

Wiz Pyro, Linker Thaum Chrono Chrono Thaum - full INT transpose build + damage buff focus on leveling/grinding speed.

I’m unsure about how to use the Alch >.> Thaum might not be the best choice.

Wiz Pyro Linker Thaum Thaum Alch Alch seems okay for leveling only.

1 Like

@kittycatfromhell alch kinda ruins every possibility in a build doesn’t it? kkkk I didn’t want to go wiz>pyroC3>sorc>alchC2 for I think going for a dps is not really what I want to play right now…and I really think alch looks better with some utility build…I already have another wiz that is going to be a full chrono with linker c2 or cryo c3…this alchemist is only for grinding and farming…and probably not doing that alone kkkk

you mentioned the timer of swell body…can’t I deal some damage first and then use swell body?

When you use swell body the monster’s health will double, but it will also heal that amount.

For example if Monster A has 100/100 HP then you swell, it will have 200/200 HP

If Monster B has 50/100 HP then you swell it will have 150/200 HP.

I mentioned the timer because when you are dealing with mobs that have 80k HP (Red Truffle for example) it will double to become 80-160k HP.

A Swell Lv. 5 is 10 seconds, which means you have 10 seconds to deal 80-160k in damage which is not always possible and can potentially slow down your party if they don’t do it in time.

If you’re planning on swell farming weaker low leveled mobs for money and items it’s fine, however if you want to use Swell during leveling 10 seconds is not enough to clear the additonal health.

I see…didn’t really think the time would be an issue as long as I dealt some damage first…I think I have yet a lot to learn about thaumas x.x I think I’ll go C2 then! For the sake of leveling! =D

I play a high lvl support alch atm.
Im doing Storage right now and have not jet met a party that is not trilled to have me there.

This is my build, and its almost full con. Just a smal splash of int and spr to make things easyer on myself.

I put 10 points into Briquetting in that build, just to have some place to put it. Atm im saving the points and hoping c3 alch got something nice for me to use them on.

Be aware that solo questing at higher lvl maps is close to impossible, but great fun with someone that can kill stuff.

1 Like

If you want to be able to solo higher lv map quests (lv 220+). Get about 150 CON. Pyro 2 + link 2 is enough to be able to solo (link + fire pillar + fireball + flame ground) and be grind party (link 2) accepted.

Everyone said dig has no use other than for combustion. It does not give any items that are used in alchemist skills. I’m going to try it out once I get my next few class up and to just play around with it.

edit: another path would be pyro 1, link 2, sorc 1.

2 Likes

Yep. If you wanna make alche take the pyro2>link2 route as everyone will want a link, even a c1 in the party. Pyro2 just make your life way easier to solo. Imho link3 is not worth it, mainly because not everyone will benefit from different stats of lifeline. The fact that the link is easily broken if some noob(which is 90% of the playerbase) runs away and broke the link just make it not worth it. Beside, since it’s high lvl party grind, you’d expect everyone following the dumb meta build=everyone have the same stupid stats.

2 Likes