Tree of Savior Forum

Linker Skill "Unbind"

What is the benefit of picking this skill up? When would i use this? Thank you for the answers.

You do not have to take it. It would be useful if you need to unlink party members or enemies in certain situations.

Thank you ! I’m trying to build my starting Alchemist Build. I want to go Cryo over Pyro. So i’m torn between what to pick up between Cryo and Alchemist ranks. Linker seems like it would support a party well, but seems pretty boring to me. Thaumaturge seems unique and fun, but not as useful.
Here are the 2 builds im torn between

1: (with linker in it) http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/087lrwcctv/
2: (with Thaumaturge in it) http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/l1lf78dnv6/

Basically I am looking for thoughts and opinions for Rank 5

Thank you !

I made a few changes. Do you like this? Thaumaturge does not work well imo. You could also go wiz, cryo, psyko, linker, cryo, alch, alch.

Thanks for the response XenoKun. I appreciate it. I do like the build you posted. Only thing i don’t like is Snow Rolling (i just think it looks ridiculous), so I would put those points elsewhere. I still am not fond of Linker abilities (or Psyko for that matter), but I think Linker is too useful to not pick up. Thanks again for your feedback, I look forward to seeing you at Launch!

To add to what XenoKun said, you can easily unlink your party members by moving away from them (the entire chain breaks when 1 member goes out of screen).

I don’t think there’s a situation in which you need to break links really fast, so Unbind is practically useless.

so…like in pvp our team has been bind~ can I use unbind to cancel it?

I guess you could look at it this way the ability that links you all is a double edge for single target damage ability’s that could kill a person on there own but if divided could save that person works in reverse if everyone is hit by an AOE because it would split say 10x the amount if 10 people all got hit.

It would be like getting hit by 1 ability 10 times in the end remove the link if an AOE is about to strike more then 3 people.

@mr.seere.woon

you mean using unbind on another person’s links? I believe it’s possible, need someone with real experience to confirm it though, if it doesn’t work the skill might not be worth even 1 point.

@kaligoth5000

AoE is not multiplied by Links. If everyone gets hit it’s 10 x 1/10, they will simply take normal AoE damage.

1 Like

I’m not sure on PvP since i only played iCBT2 but some monsters can cast joint penalty or linked you and using Unbind doesn’t cancel it.

ah…I see…so just best way is still get the hell far away xD

Yeah, oh they can even linked your pet, so better remove pet when fighting those kind of monsters.

If you do not want snow rolling, you can put those points in ice wall.

There’s one use of unbind covered in my guide (insert shameless self promotion). It’s really really situational though so yeah, it’s as good as useless.

I cropped out the relevant parts:
Unbind in General

What is Stacking

1 Like

wait really? then whats the point of unbind lol