Tree of Savior Forum

Linker 3 (After combat change ?) Can we abuse it?

Linker have been a pretty strong class, transforming the lowest of the lowest skill in a devastating spell.
But, the combat change patch, the number of hit have been reduce by 10x, the lowest of the lowest are now viable form of dps!!! Soo where is linker now?

I just wanted to point out that with the combat change, one spell receive a indirect buff from linker 3 (Lifeline).
With Enchant fire/lighting etc… Thaum… scalling with both SPR and INT (From what I could find) and the statt having a real impact now. Is it possible we see some viable team comp with it.
The most annoying thing is to keep it up (Not going to far etc…)
But just imagine a Champlain with Full Spr/Int/Dex ? That just 1 example.

Just imagine this team comp.
-Pyro3­­ > Linker3 > Enchant (Int)
-Priest3 > Champlain > Krivis maybe for dainos (Spr) (Also Monstrance boost Dex… What happen while lifeline and start buffing one after another.)
-Whatever > Reiter 3 (Dex) (Running shot can be share with linker soo… maybe or like for the other guy full str)
-Full Str Swordie/Archer or even Sadhu for transmit Prana (Even more stat !!! … is prana shareable buff ?)
-Cyro3/Chrono3 (Keep lifeline 100% up)

You got a Champlain that hit like a truck and the speed of a machine gun.
A Reiter that also hit the same way.
A Cryo/Chrono that keep everything up. (AND EVEN MOAR ATTACK SPEED)
Massif SpRegain.
Multiple possibility !

Anyway, What you think about link3 after the patch ? Is lifeline still unusable (mostly because it hard to keep it with everyone moving around but … in premade viable ?)

*There might have been some change about lifeline that I don’t know or other change maybe I,m even wrong of on other thing. Just let me know if that the case.

Well, in case of Lifeline+Buffs, especially if you maybe make a Linker3+Thau3, buffs have a longer duration than Lifeline’s Cooldown therefore you can keep them up with the “stolen” stats of a party mate.

Joint Penalty is not bad. Right now it would say “150 hits” (total).
After patch, it’s like Lv15 has “14 hits per target” x “10 targets”.

How does this work? If you hit the same target 14 times, the Joint Penalty gets broken.
As long as you hit “each of the linked targets” 13 times (which makes it be 130 hits with 10 targets), the Joint Penalty will still be up. Therefore you can still use AoE skills on Joint Penalty. Just remember that as soon as one of the targets reaches the 14 hits counts, it breaks.

Suggestion: Use AoE skills on Joint Penalty or REALLY STRONG single target spells for a better JP use.

Thank you and sorry for the late reply.
Don’t know JP post patch was working like that, it not that a bad Nerf then.

Actually, it is a direct nerf to jp as jp has always been functioning like that.
1 hit to 1 target equals 1 hit to link and 1 hit to all targets equals 1 hit to link aswell.

1 Like

Nope, the hits the target will get as the “effect of joint penalty” won’t count to the total number of hits. Only the “original” hits.

Could you elaborate what that means? I don’t quite understand…

They mean damage taken from Joint Penalty does not count in the hit counts. Only actual hits themselves.

Also, I have no idea how JP works in the new patch.

Before: 150 total hits (Hits of Damage plus Hits that the Joint Penalty does share to the other monsters)
After: Joint Penalty will have 2 limiting factors and won’t count the damage it shares as hits for the hit count:

1. This limiting factor has priority over the second: MAX hit per monster (if it says 14, if a monster gets 14 hits the JP will break).
  2. This is nothing but a “1st Factor * N° of Monsters” total. If first factor is “14 hits”, it means you will have (13 * Number of monsters) total hits except that the first rule still take effect.

So total hits, if you have 10 monsters, would be “13 * 10 = 130”. If you do 1 AoE that hits all monsters (even without Joint Penalty) that would count as 1 hit per monster, therefore you have “12 * 10” left.

But if you use a single-target multi-hit skill, let’s say with 14 attack counts… the single JPed monster will pass his total available JP hits count and therefore JP will break.

A lv 15 link has a 150 hit count and 10 targets and you’re saying if I hit all the targets at once it will consume 100 hits?

no, he said that if u hit a mob 14 times the link will break…
That should mean that u could possible hit all 10 mobs with frostcloud 14 times because every hit only count as 1
To sum up : aoe spells count as 1 hit per tick to ALL mobs so u get 140 (14*10) hits in total - then link will break.
Singel target hit will have less effect because it still count as 1 hit but u only hit 1 monster - so u only get 14 hits in total because of the 1st rule.

am i correct?

1 Like

Exactly :slight_smile: