Tree of Savior Forum

LF Featherfoot Farming Advice

I just crafted a Vienarazis Mace w/ Small Crystaras with 315 armor and I find that I’m having a hard time farming even in the 240HG dungeon. I admit my accs are pretty crap as well.

I see videos of people using Joint Pen > Hangman > Swell > Kundela and just one shotting every time.

I’m realizing that I only one shot whenever I have many monsters linked so they take more hits.

I can’t imagine farming at ease on a 300+ map.

What could I do to start improving my farming capability?

Do you have the joint penalty attribute for extra poison damage maxed and activated?

On mobs which are too tanky, use kurdaitcha curse walk or bone point on knotted mobs before you use kundela slash.

This build is supposed to link as many mobs as possible, more linked mobs = more damage shared to oneshot. Do not try to link-farm a low amount of mobs, you will feel weak.

you need this two attributes
https://tos.neet.tv/attributes/205002
https://tos.neet.tv/attributes/205008

this helps alot for ffs

I’ve watched some featherfoot videos and i’m confused. I have the right attributes, but when I joint penalty > hangman the mobs spread or knock me down including when I curse walk. I usually need to kundela shot 3 times to kill the mobs as well. The link ends up breaking a lot sooner than I thought compared to what i’ve seen.

Just came to realize that these videos the FF’s are very geared/attributed out farming the 300 maps.

I made a FF to be able to farm but since i’m lacking in gear i’m unsure what would be the best place to farm mats/gear for silver.

Maybe try to aim a bit lower first. The 170 dungeon gives a decent amount of silver and the mobs are quite is easy to kill. The potential amount of silver you can gain is about 600k silver.

With a Vienarazis mace and atribbutes on merely 40 you should be able to hit for over 200k on your Kundela on fully debuffed mobs, enough to solo farm 290. Fully debuffed means LINKED (+50%) and CURSED (+60%, from Kurdaitcha or Bone Pointing).

First check off your MAtk. You should be getting over 4.5k. If you are getting any lower, try the following:

+11 your Vienarazis, 2x Blue Gems lvl 6+, Weapon Maintenance buff
Buy all the swell left and right arm attributes
Get 3x hats with Matk on them
Get 2x Archmage Bangle

The reason you are struggling in the higher level hunting grounds is because a lot of the monsters there have high resist against joint penalty. These monsters will still get debuffed by joint penalty, but after 1-2 hits the link will break. This means that if you joint penalty then use hangman’s knot, the link will also break, so they can move around and knock you down before you can kill them.

If you act fast enough, you will manage to hit multiple enemies with kundela slash even after the joint penalty is broken because of the HK’s aoe ratio reduction attribute. The problem, however, is that each enemy only receives 1x dmg from your kundela because at this point the joint penalty is broken, which is why it takes you all 3 kundelas to kill the enemies when this happens. Normally, if you have 8 linked monsters and use HK + Kundela, each monster will receive 8x lines of Kundela damage because the kundela will count as an AoE.

Weaker featherfoots rely on the multiplied damage from kundela slash + joint penalty + Hangman’s knot to kill, whereas geared FF’s will be able to kill with one kundela slash without the multiplied damage from hangman’s knot.

Your options for farming with your current gear are:

1. Realize what monsters in the hunting ground are the resistant ones, and avoid them. Only target the ones that don’t break JP easily, and you will probably be able to kill them.

2. Farm DPK mats in Pystis forest, or other places where you can get mats for orange weapons to sell.

Note: For some monsters, JP won’t break after a few hits, but it will break if you use Hangman’s Knot. For these monsters, use kurdaitcha to debuff them, then use JP and follow up with kundela slashes without using HK.

1 Like

Remove Hangman Knot damaging attribute.

No, the HK damaging attribute is not the reason why this happens. The mobs just work that way.

I didn’t have any problems farming in HG so far with FFs. I’ll try it out again when I get back home and report what I guess is your problem.

Maybe OP is breaking the Joint Penalty after using swell body on them or something. What I do know is the Joint Penalty breaks a lot faster than it should on some of the 320 HG monsters.

With the aoe defense reduction of HK.
If you are fast enough to cast everything, i found i’m able to oneshot a group but if HK end before… They loose the aoe defense reduction and i’m hitting one of them instead of the whole group.
Also like previously said, some monster of HG break the link after 1 hit … You might whant to farm Rare material maybe or dungeon ? ( Dung 170 give 600k/40min(Full combo on everything) or 1,8M with the free token we got… It not that bad and mostly not RNG based.)

Isn’t it still 50%? The skill attribute tooltip still says it’s 10% per attribute level, max 5 levels.

You are right sorry for the misinfo, my memory was bad, tested in game and is indeed 50%, all other % bonuses in the game got nerfed tho. :slight_smile:

do you know how AOE attack ratio works? If you use kundela slash after hangman’s knot aoe defense debuff ends then you will only hit 1 target with kundela slash. If you hit the mobs before hangman’s knot aoe def ratio debuff ends then you will hit all of them.

Also, what is your magic attack? Those vids probably have FFs with more than 3k magic attack without buffs.

Just so you know, HG mobs can dispell joint penalty and its very annoying so i just stick to half farming 290 dung and 315 weapon mats.

1 Like

How long is the aoe def ratio debuff?

My magic attack is 3k-3.1k with no buffs

It has very short duration. Same as Hangman Knot itself, or maybe 0.5sec longer.

if your hangman’s knot is at level 10, then its 3 seconds.