Tree of Savior Forum

Let's discuss some swordsman builds

I maxed them both in a skill build I made. I might change my mind once I try it in-game. I’m going hoplite circle 3 then centurion.

I’d ignore Pierce unless u really have some spare points. I’d rather pick up Synchro Thrusting instead for counters, it also increases your crit rate for 5 secs after a successful counter. I’d counter and then stab furiously for crits.

Question! Can you lose your spear if you throw it? o_o

Referring to… Spear Throw skill!

Answer: Yes you can, make sure you pick it up! (But sometimes you die straight after you throw it, in that case bad luck…)

1 Like

I hope they can add a feature where you can have a set of javelins or pilums that you can throw instead of you main spear weapon, but with less damage.

I think macedonian peltasts were able to throw javelins during skirmish and fight in melee combat with their spear weapon.

lookie!

Here is a hoplite carrying a javelin that he can use to throw when charging towards the enemy and a spear to use as a melee weapon.

EDIT:
Do you think I should link this as a topic in the feedback/suggestions thread?

Not really a fan of the throwing mechanics atm, way too risky and doesn’t seem that worth it, but I guess it could be used to last-hit someone?

Maybe like “Hey, where you going bro, don’t run” BAM Flying spear to the neck :grin:

Yeah it is risky. PVP wise, I will test if I can lose my spear in the arena if I don’t pick it up. Otherwise, I should carry a bunch of cheap spears in my inventory and change weapon during a fight and throw it.

But what do you think of the javelin/pilum thing?

Hoplite looks like such a fun tank class to play considering you are getting some offense with it. Just sad we won’t have much CC except that one skill from Peltasta.

I think we can. In numbers :smile: Hoplite>centurion in a gvg? Hoplite walls are meant to brace against a charging force or hold the enemy in place. Meaning, Mobs or players must go around to be able to flank them. Might be more applicable in mass pvps or raids. Worth keeping it to thought.

EDIT: This is why I am so curious about making a Hoplite>Centurion to see how well this will play out.

Yah, I’m going that route as well. But I’m curious how open people will be in having a Centurion control their character.

1 Like

I think being a centurion corresponds to being a good leader(or controlling your party). It’s an occupational responsibility when you pick the class.

The inspiration is flowing!!

I’ve been wondering how a Swordsman > Peltasta > Hoplite x2 > Squire x2 would work. Squire provides some utility and additional CC skill with Arrest.

Issue with Arrest is I don’t think you can move or attack while its in effect.

IMO forget about going Squire if you’re going for a PVP build, better have a 2nd character/account for that or go for a PVE build.

I’m still unsure of what I want to go as for a swordsman.

Hoplite, Rodelero and Peltasta all look really good. Not too interested in any of the options unlocked further down the line though.
I’m just curious as to how I could build a Stabbing Crit Hoplite though, I’d probably need a healer at all times due to my defense and evasion being lowered.

Hi, care to share your planned build?
Is there any other reason than Savagery that planned for Barbarian?

^Imma stick with Swordsman C3 and KIV Gung Ho if it’s worth the skill point. Gonna leave out Rush for the crazy 4 min cooldown >.>

I was thinking, Swordsman 2, Hoplite 3, and dopplesoldner 1… For super fast spear sexiness dps… Also, is barrier like a cc prevent buff? That would be pretty scary to see a spearman chasing you down and youre unable to stun, make him fall or push him away. And would i be able to use cyclone? How does Restrain work, because that is probably the only cc id have in this build. Either way, a super fast stabbing spearman that cant be cc’ed is pretty awesome. Im thinking someone like Lu Bu or White Beared for you one piece fans.

So something like this http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/ft3n00pmbm/

edit. I would have preferred Mordschlag over Punish, at least tosbase doesn’t state you need to have a sword to use it. But since it says “Hold the sword…” I suppose it can’t be used with a spear.

Another build I just came up with… Sword and Board dps build with CC… http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/ybpa3pjd67/ … It consist of Sword 3 for Thrust and Bash 15, 5 double slash and 10 unused skill points to put for buffs, Rodelero 2 for Montano, Targe Smash, and Shield Push 10 as cc, and Doppelsoldner 1 for Punish 5, Deeds of Valor 5, and Cyclone 5. Thrust and bash for spam skills, punish after 18sec, double slash after 21 sec, and cyclone for spin to win. Id imagine itll be kind of tanky with really good dps.

Also for a dual weild dps speed build would be Sword 2, Barb 2 and either Corsair 2, or Corsair 1 and Doppelsoldner 1… With this build, Im hoping for a super fast dual weild crit DPS class. Tell me what ya think

Last input, for the Hoplite build, Id probably like Sword 2, Hoplite 1, Rodelero 2, and Doppelsoldner 1. Basically for the same CC and “tankiness” as my sword and board build but with a spear. Tell me what ya think?

I really don’t like Rodelero, that class needs a huge overhaul imo.
The skills have long cooldowns and are all melee range.
Also there is NO buffs or useful weapon masteries or useful attributes in that class, which is a huge turnoff in terms of character development.
If you are making a build, you consider things like Highlander’s 2H sword mastery which increase 2H crit rate, Hoplite’s Finestra or Barbarian’s buffs or Cataphract’s Trot to carry over into later classes. Rodelero doesn’t have any of that.
Also, a lot of Rodelero skills have knockback which is bad for grinding because it means you need to go and chase down the enemy after using the skill.
Shooting Star looks good but Doppel’s Punish/Mordschlag does more damage and is on a lower cooldown without any weapon restrictions.

Unless they redesign this class, I won’t even be considering it at all.
If you’re looking for 1H + shield DPS - Hoplite does it way better with Stabbing/Finestra
If you’re looking for Tank - Peltasta does it better with just 2 circles

1 Like

Well as far as im going with my build, its Swordsman>Highlander>Barbarianx3>Doppel. For max crit dmg and crit atk!! at any given level when you reach level 80 for barb rank 4, i was able to kill mobs much higher than me more like 29 levels ahead of me due to crit!! i have a video that i put in youtube to show viewers! Level 80 Barb Killing 96 Mobs with 1 to 2 crit hits