Tree of Savior Forum

Let's discuss Alchemist builds!

As everyone is probaly aware, Alchemist is a rank6 class. That means, if we were to pick Alche2, we currently have ranks 2-5 to work with.

From Rank2-5 we have:
Wiz2-3
Pyro1-3
Cryo1-3
Linker1-3
Kino1-3
Thau1-2
Ele1-2
Sorc1
Chrono1

My main goal here is finding a combination that can, in theory, take us past rank8 (which would be Alche3) and to rank9 when we would get a new class to carry us the rest of the way.

For that I’d like to hear your input on the class combinations from rank2-5 above.

My input:
Pyro1-3+anything is probaly the fastest way of getting to Alche2 BUT it won’t take us much farther.
Sorc1’s viability is questionable. I’ve heard many conflicting reports on this, can someone clarify?
Ele2 is a path I’m heavily considering but can someone tell me how good it fares without C3? How far do you think it can go?
Cryo1>Kino3 combo also seens like it would be good but I am unsure on how far the damage will stay relevant.

Please share your thoughts and experiences with the ranks 2-5 and how far do you see your combination taking!

Any input is welcome! Theorycrafting is fun!

Bump? No love for Alchemists?

I only played wiz in cbt and have thought about alchemy… I really think it is best u have friends and build into support. So more link and maybe psycho… I know pyro pscho linker is very strong early game… But really not sure how good it is late game. But really, late game using alchy support. Not sure how fun that is.

I would love to know if fireball psychic pressure still good at lv200+

Im doing my alche Cryo 1 > Psycho 1 > Cryo 2 > Cryo 3.

Its working so good. Ice wall presure combo is nuts.

It even gives you nice CC with the Ice Tree to go to partys being an not-so-useless alche

I’m somewhat arbitrarily going cryo 3, something, alchemist 2. My real dilemma is which skills to get as an alchemist. So many options and so few choices.

I saw someone going Pyro>Kino>Cryo>Linker for that crazy combo wombo. Not sure how it fares later on though.

I think I’ll just level multiple builds and decide wether to pick Alche or not at 6 depending on their performance.

So far I’ll be doing:
Wiz3>Ele2
Cryo3>Kino1
Pyro1>Linker1>Kino1>something

Anything else I should give a try?

Do you think replacing Kino for Linker in your build for a supportive approach would work?

Consider:

• cryo3/link1 (exping in parties - you shouldnt have troubles in finding one)
  • pyro3/link1 (hard to tell how far it,ll go)
  • wiz3/ele2 (probably the best choice looking for end game - since quickcast will always be usefull)
  • or full support

pyro3 link1 i think is good choise.
Or pyro2 link2 prob.
For solo awakening u need damage and with link2 u are useful in party.

Yyy no you’re not - at least not atm, when linker got nerfed - its either c1 or c3.

I’m going for the wiz3/ele2 route to get alchemist later. Hail at 10 is a surefire choice for me, and meteor at 5 as well. I’ve already got Electrocute at 5, but i wonder where i should spend the remaining 10 points. At first i thought about maxing electrocute and spend the remaining points to get and max freezing sphere, but i guess i could get just 6 points on electrocute (for the additional target), and spend the remaining points between freezing sphere and providence. Any advice in that regard?

For what I’ve seen Linker is massive add on DPS, but Kino is needed to do the combo. Maybe you can cryo2 kino1 linker1, but in that case you are missing cryo 3 that has some great skills that are good even in end game partys (I read about that, never experienced it yet though)

Lately I’ve been checking every Alchemist I come across and most of them are one of the following (From the most common to the least):

1: Pyro2>Linker1>Sorc1 (by a large margin)
2: Pyro3>Linker1
3: Pyro/Cryo1>Linker1>Thau2
4: Wizard3>Ele2

I was under the impression that Sorc1 is awful but it seens to be the most common path. Can someone confirm the viability of this build?

Also, considering Linker2 has very few uses, build #3 seens to be the main “suppport build” that alches go to. Is it good though?

Also, which would fare better? Why?
Cryo1>Kino3
or
Cryo3>Kino1

I guess Cryo3 would be more supporty with some damage while Kino3 would be more damage with a bunch of CC?

I’m Pyro2Linker1Sorc1, around level 200 at the moment. I was also unsure about choosing Sorcerer, but no–despite the negativity I’ve seen about the AI, it’s working pretty well even for Circ 1.

I used to have to constantly spam skills and auto-attack, but with TS summon, all I have to do now if I’m really lazy is kite the mobs and wait for them to die. It’s also extremely tanky and can aggro mobs, which helps speed up questing. A lot of people will also appreciate the Summon Servant buff.

I haven’t tried any other builds, but so far I don’t have any regrets.

2 Likes