Tree of Savior Forum

Let hunters capture mobs in game

So this was mainly fueled by my need for a popilion to love and care for as my own but i also think it would serve to make the hunter class more appealing and give people more things to do.

Give c3 hunters an ability to potentially tame any (or maybe just the majority?) mob in the game as a pet. The rarer, bigger and higher level the mob is the harder it is to obtain. Once the ability has been tried on a mob, if it fails that mob will be immune to a second attempt and you’d have to find another. Hunters could use this captured mob to increase their offensive prowess or sell the mob to another person to use as a cosmetic pet, hunters could tame (maybe?) only 1-3 mobs at a time to preserve the value of hunting for specific mobs and all of our fps and sanity when one of them crosses our screen. Unlike other pets this pet wouldn’t take up a character slot but would be character bound, untradeable and purely cosmetic.

This will make hunter c3 a more appealing class choice since you can be payed to hunt down specific mobs people want as pets, in a way they’d be real hunters! This would also increase the amount of activitys there are in the game as well as bolster RPability for the people that like that. For some people it might just help them follow the rule of cool, the most important rule of all. Wouldn’t it be cool to have your very own hulking monster follow you around? Or adorable monster :wink:

1 Like

Ohhh that would be really cute… it wouldn’t have to be anything complicated, either, maybe just a skill that can tame a beast-type monster and turn it into a pet for the character. It would function the same as the other available companions, the only real difference being the appearance and unique stats. Some monsters could even be functional as mounts or maybe bird-like pets being compatible with Falconer skills. That would be really fun since the current options for pets are really limited and it feels kinda lame when you can barely tell apart a Hunter from any other Archer class with a pet (unless they’re Falconer with a hawk, of course).

You would either have to level the new pet from scratch, or possibly it could start at the level it was tamed at. But I imagine you’d need to be higher level than it to tame it, if that’s the case. Maybe bigger level gap above the monster = higher taming success rate? You should only be allowed to have one tamed pet at a time, though, and if you wanted a new one you’d have to release the old pet.

There are lots of ways they could do it that would be awesome :3 i just want to buy a popolion from a hunter for my alchemist so bad xD

paladin can already do that lol, would be weird to have 2 classes that cna tame monsters

Are you talking about conversion? That’s not really similar to what i had in mind. This would be a permanent pet.

oh, thats a good idea, idk if they will add it in thoug bcuz its too similr to conversion

Guild War 2 have similiar system, except not every mobs. But that would totally work!

@BlueByu maybe but imo it makes more sense for a hunter to tame mobs then a paladin x3 plus i feel the paladin just manipulates the mob whereas the hunter will truely tame it. Either way we’ll just have to wait and see if IMC even notices this idea xD

@Chocobo.Rider hopefully IMC will consider this :smiley: there are so many mobs i’d love to have as cosmetic pets n.n

1 Like

Hunters must know how to set up traps. But they don’t. That is sad.
SomeCharacters