Steps to reproduce the issue :

1. Open TOS in steam
  2. Let the launcher patch
  3. Crash

Screenshots / Video :
help

I’ve played TOS before and had no problems at all, please help

Hello @davidfelipero,

Kindly try to verify the integrity of the game cache.
If still persist, please send us a support ticket for further assistance.

Thank you.

I already tried to verify , so i’ll send a ticket, thanks

This is related to the user.xml settings

Go to TreeOfSavior/Release/User.xml

Check your resolution size settings to fit your system and as well as the Res=“1” ( should be 1 by default ) with the "

1 Like

Wow that fixed it, thanks

1 Like

You are welcome!

20chars/

Hello,

Yesterday some of the UI disappeared after switching resolutions, after that trying to launch the game gives me the same error.

Unfortunately, I can’t find any “Res” in the xml file. This is what’s in the file:

<Login SaveId="0" RecentServer="1005" RecentChar="2"/>
<Config UseWater="1" UseFastLoading="0" UseEnvEffect="1" UseHitGlow="1" UseEnvSound="1" CaptureFormat="1" ChatEditVisible="0" MouseSensitivity="1.00" UseCharLod="0" UseEffectHigh="1" DevGamma="10" ResizeLevelOfTextures="0" DrawActorPersent="99" DrawMonsterPersent="99" InverseCameraHor="0" InverseCameraVert="0" InverseCameraZoom="0" CameraZoomIndex="3" UseCameraRotation="0" MaxCameraLongitute="45" Language="English" UseGlow="1" UseFXAA="1" UseWarfog="1" UseDepth="1" UseBloom="0" UseSoftParticle="1" UseHighTexture="0" UseLowOption="1" AutoAdjustLowLevel="0" SklCtrlSpd="200" DmgFontScale="1" ShowPadSkillRange="0"/>
<Resolution mode="1" width="1920" height="1080" BitPerPixel="32" VSync="0"/>
<Sound TotalVolume="255" SoundVolume="255" MusicVolume="50" Language=""/>

Thank you

1 Like

Sorry for the late replay.

What you mean by

Does the <Resolution mode=“1” width=“1920” height=“1080” match your display?

Dear GMs,

I am currently having this issue. Been trying all the possible solution you guys mention above. i still get the error. i need help. Thanks

The GM prolly gonna ask you to reinstalll/reverify the game

it would be very helpful if you provide details like your user.xml
Are you using external display etc.

This bug despite showing the same error as the old one cannot be resolved with the older method.
For now i can only collect more info and see what is common among all of your systems

UPDATE

Possible fix:
from 0 I change it to 2
then edit it in-game to fullscreen

When you say “Change 0 to 2” did you mean the Resolution? I tried that and it doesn’t seem to work, I was wondering if you had anymore updates regarding this error? Thanks in advance~

Doesn’t it work if you simply delete the user.xml ? The game will get a new “raw” one, so it may fix your issue.
And yes, he meant the resolution for “0 to 2”, you can try 0, 1 or 2.

Connection Problem,
Maybe you got some experience about this problem ? Every now and than(roughly 2 weeks) Game patch launcher stop on 100%. *On steam shows RUNNING and than crushes immediately. Re-Installed game, Verify all what is mentioned in support to be fixed - deleted user.xml and everything from patch folder - doesn’t work. However, after few days, game will run smoothly and it seems happens every 2 - 3 weeks. Specs of Laptop are very strong nothing to blame about it. But seems problem has mind on it’s own.
Thanks for reading.

if you meet this problem. you should restart pc then run game again. It worked for me