Tree of Savior Forum

Last Rites and Aspergillum: How exactly do they scale with attributes?

Can someone explain to me how Last Rites and Aspergillum scale specifically in regards with skill attributes? The skill attribute for Sacrament increases your defense against dark properties and the attribute for Aspersion only increases the damage you deal to monsters when you cast it (the animation where you throw holy water into their face).

I saw a couple of folks mention that Last Rites and Aspergillum damage scales the more attributes you level up for the 2 above mentioned skill. However, I can’t find any reference in tosbase where this is true. Can someone explain to me how this works? Should I be maxing the attributes for sacrament and aspersion by the time I get chaplain?

Last rites from what I can tell just adds another sacrament,+ flat dmg and holy.
Aspergillum takes its dmg from aspiration so the more dmg it does the more it will do, if you are gonna max it max its attribute also and it scales off of int&spr.

So aspergillum literally cast the “holy water in your ■■■■■■■ face” attack every time you auto attack? If so, that makes sense why you would want to Max the attribute for it.

My question is, why would you want to max the skill attribute for sacrament if you have it at level 10 in regards to last rites? What benefit does last rite receive from increase defense against dark properties?

Aspergillum bases it’s dmg off aspersion, but it doesn’t cast the defense buff on each attack.

Sacrament’s attribute can be gotten with lvl 1 sacrament, and provides everyone who has the buff with bonus resistance vs dark type attacks.

Right, so there so there would be no point in leveling the attribute for sacrament right? Last rites doesn’t gain any benefit from it?

It reduces dmg by a bit and is quite cheap, no reason not to get it tbh.

I went through your post history and you’re really knowledgeable, so please let me know if I should create an entirely different topic for the next question:

Let’s assume the following:
_build 4 INT: 1 CON with SPR at 30
_Our intent is to maximize auto attack damage.

Would you recommend maxing Asperion or Sacrament when I reach Chaplain?

Keep in mind that i don’t know the specific scaling between last rites and sacrament, and for now it seems just act as a buff that copies your sacrament.

Meaning sacrament (with last rites) is +24-80 holy dmg to each hit and 48-160 holy dmg per auto attack.

9 points of aspersion get you 210 holy atk, which should get doubled by it’s enhance attribute.

Meaning sacrament should pull out ahead when you get 5 people auto attacking all the time. But aspersion is more reliable.

Ow and you can get the maxed sacrament from pardoners, not sure if a aspersion from pardoners changes anything though.

Both are decent enough options, but i’d personally go with aspersion as i tend to run with random dungeon groups and don’t mind paying for the sacrament buff from pardoners.

I might be able to provide a little more insight in regards to sacrament vs lat rites testing. I was combing the forums last night and found this:

Shawn did a test without cafrisun and hammer to see how the sacrament damage scales with last rites. Does this video and test change your opinion on it?

He only uses sacrament there though, and the bonus dmg from arde dagger works regardless of the skill level.

So no.

When applying Last Rites to the party: does the damage bonus for being below 40% only require the Chaplain to be below the threshold for the party to receive it? OR does the person receiving the buff need to be below 40% as well?

I haven’t tested but I’m confident that the person receiving the buff would be below 40%.

Thanks! I looked further down the thread I linked and saw this:

Just tested last rights and it appears to add 35 holy and a extra hit at 70.
It does just appear that it adds sacrament a second time.

Tested the buff below hp threshold and about a 30% increase with a lvl 3 Last rights, not sure if it scales in lvls or not. After all this testing I do believe I will be adjusting my skill points, may even take up exorcise.

Seems like it just adds an extra sacrament hit, so the calculation would be as follows:

An auto atk with sacrament and last rites comes out to:

auto attack damage + sacrament + (sacramentx2)

Does that sound about right? Seems like it’s really not worth maxing last rites at all, is there any point to grabbing it at this point?

I took that into account on my above calculation. Like i said sac + last rites should deal more dmg with 5 people auto attacking a lot. But aspergillum is still a nice option since it improves your solo dps and is never wasted.