Tree of Savior Forum

Laptop sometimes lagging

Any techies in here?

Hi, the game is sometimes lagging while playing ToS. My lappy’s specs are:

Processor: Intel Celeron Quad-Core N2940 1.83GHz Processor (2M Cache, up to 2.25GHz)
Operating System: Windows 10 Home Value NB EM
Graphics: Integrated Intel Graphics
Memory: 2GB DDR3L, Storage: 500GB HDD
Webcam: 0.3M single microphone
Battery: 2-cell battery
Display: 14-inch HD 1366 x 768, 200 nits Display
Bluetooth: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0

If I upgrade my RAM, do you think my gaming would improve, or is my processor a problem, too?

The game’s system reqs are here: Tree of Savior System Requirements

I am leaning towards RAM upgrade, but I’m not sure if the processor is a problem as well. I am confused with processor names.

thx

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

The game is just badly optimized. Upgrading your laptop is not going to help unfortunately. Don’t waste money on upgrading for ToS.

1 Like

I see. Thanks, guys!

I’m having good time.

1 Like

Well, you don’t need a computer with high performance to play ToS.
A friend of mine played it on some very old laptop and it worked… Ok he crashed many times but still xD

2 Likes

Sadly, my clockspeed is nothing compared to yours. You have 3.4. Not sure if that matters. I’m bad at this. Might upgrade my RAM instead.

Ohhh, no crashing problem in here, just the lag – especially when loading maps (takes 2 mins to 4 mins)

Oh, loading time of 2-4 mins is quite a lot. You’re using a laptop right? Does it overheat? Do you hear the computer fan loudly?

Yes, laptop. No fan noise, but latent heat.
My best FPS is 33, and the worst is 5, which is usually in Orsha, Klapeida, lvl 50 dungeon entrance, and other overpopulated maps.

Hmm…
Well I guess your laptop isn’t ‘that’ good for playing games. 33 fps is meh for a maximum, you might want to try searching topic about fps optimization.
If your fans are working well, the heat shouldn’t be a big problem since they don’t make noises.

As for the 5 fps in town, don’t worry. Even with a good computer, I still have 5 fps sometimes and some freeze at certain part of the game. (Mainly dungeon with too much dps with linker xD) I can only advise you to go on the channel with the less population on it.

I see, thanks! I’m always in a low-population channel, unless I want dungeons.

I just upgraded my RAM to 8 gig. The gaming is smooth now. Thx, all!