Tree of Savior Forum

Lancer help please

I got a few questions on my lancer build. Im currently lvl 170 and went Lancer > Cata so far. Idk what exactly to take for my last class but im leaning toward Barb for the Frenzy and warcry buffs to go along with more AoE in Seism + Cleave Combo and the extra channel skill to help clean up mobs with Pouncing. Ill link the build at the end. Are there any other options that would be good? I see hoplite, dragoon and Dopp taken in the last spot along with barb.

Here’s my breakdown of thought behind Barb vs the other classes

Hopplite - is mostly Single target dmg and some ok-ish at best crit buffs. Barb offers Flat damage % increases with its buffs which means i dont have to crit to take advantage of them and Lancer offers amazing boss damage already.

Dragoon - Good bye SP…Also more AoE or ST skills really required in the aspect that dragoon brings? Cata and lancer are already solid imo.

Dopp - Could be good. Punish can get its use with a 10 sec CD and cata brings the Knock down hard. Double pay could be useful if farming but dangerous anytime else. Deeds of valor is a weaker Frenzy really with a 19% dmg taken penalty and then there’s Cyclone which is undoubtably a great AoE tool.

I would be very interested in what cards you find good on a Cata > Lancer build. Is it just say a Centaurus card for AoE ratio, then some glass mole cards?

Other info: I intend to play CM’s for silver with a BM friend, I will start to do endgame dungeons eventually with the guild im in and I may tip my toes in pvp for gem feud but I wont be focused on it.

Build : https://tos.guru/itos/simulator?tinyurl=yyxypw2k

Yeah, solid garbage.
May i ask how long have you been playing catalancer?

They did some changes which made the class worse then before, but its just my opinion. Yet i still have my catalancer and still playing with it. My build is the same as yours, cata-lancer-barb and i would say if they make Cleave and Seism usable on mount i wont bother to change. Warcry works as a mini taunt, though much less threat than swash, but gives good damage boost, even though its just a flat bonus, also -10% defense is nice if you are under Initiate.

Frenzy is by far the best (?) buff in the swordsman tree, because of the 40% damage boost, which can be more with attribute bonus.

Pouncing is the second Rush within this build, same cooldown time. Its nice, but it would be a lot better if they bring back the old rush. 3 sec duration is just too short!! :rage:

Dragoon isnt that bad, you dont have to have the helmet on all the time. Skills still works well with cata and lancer. Tooth and Soar are really good. Besides, the fu***d up Acro Mount drains your sp too for a ridiculous 30% damage boost, which is unacceptable and furiating.

I used hop-cata-lancer before, but did not like it because it has so many buffs you try to maintain, trot, acro mount, gungho, initiate, pain barrier, finestra, sharp spear. You are not an Enchanter, just a swordsman. Hoplite has more synergy with dragoon, but good for lancers too to increase damage of crush+quantain.

I’m only lvl 170 atm and I have one class swap available to me. I feel the same about hoplite giving you too many Buffs for honestly imo little reward because they are all crit. So your recommending dragoon then?

You seem to have more mileage than me with this matter so I’d like to know a skill build you recommend, cards and skill combos if you would take the time to help me.

I’m a cleric player who tried swordsman in the class swap event but went back to cleric after for inquisitor. Now I’m doing the swordsman again but I have no experience with them really. Atm I have murm > cata (I wasn’t going to go spears or cata before but I didn’t like murm after) so I’m going to swap murm for something soon then in like a 100 levels I’ll get another class. So right now I’m locked into cata and nothing else which means my build is rather open.

So you are currently Swordsman > Murmillo > Cataphract?

I was because i wasn’t going spears before but after looking into everything I swapped to hop > cata because you said you can’t use seism on a mount. I’ll go lancer last I figure. If I don’t like it I have a growth reset reward coming so I can swap to goon if I want to

Good choice there. Even if barb is really good right now, its not synergizes with mounted classes that well, but hoplite is totally different. Hop-Cata-Lancer is actually a meta build for 2hand spear users, for good reasons. Finestra can be 100% uptime, but its not neccessary; only need it when your best combos are up to use. Sharp spear is, thanks to Heavens, have a duration of 4 minutes, that way you can give more attention to finestra. Hoplite’s Spear Lunge is now the secret weapon for spearusers, because its not simply increases pierce damage by 50%, it makes every pierce attack to ignore 50% defence of the target… and has 5 OH! Pierce is the new boss killer skill, its damage is amazing with Dragoon Helmet on. Also Dragon Fall works together with Spear Throw. Wish it would be there as many class synergies like Hoplite x Dragoon.

Yea I noticed my damage spiked heavily when I took hoplite. I took max spear lunge and 5 pierce then just stabbing max and 2 buffs max. Is that the best skill route for it you think? It seems to be doing well.

I noticed the lancer last is the meta build for spear users on the top 100 build. Is dragoon just in a bad place because the sp issues? Also do you have any idea if the hop> cata > lancer build will be good for cms later on? I’ve been told it’s more of a straight boss killer so I’m wondering if it suffers for AoE while in cms.

Honestly I’m still not sold on lancer vs dragoon because I’ve never really played either. I know dragoon has its mana issues but you can ignore the helmet until your bossing. Idk which would suit me better at this time

I asked a guy on reddit about the lancer vs goon and he said this

“ the question is what YOU want to do and how good you want to be at it.

cata/lancer/hoplite lacks AoE but kills bosses, dragoon is overall just bad, as he does nothing good, its ok at everything“

spear throw is awesome, i’m just putting that out there