Tree of Savior Forum

Lancer Build question

I have a dragoon and I just don’t really like it, I’m interested in trying Lancer, however most of the lancer builds I find include dragoon which I don’t want. How viable would it be if it I went like Sw3 > Hop1 > Cata3 > Lancer or Sw3 > Cata1 > Hop3 > Lancer?

[PVE]
Hoplite is more effective on C2/C3 while cata on C3. Might as well go
sw2hop2cata3lancer ,
swhighlander3cata3lancer,
sw3highlander3ninja/barblancer,
sw3hop3doppellancer,
swhighlander3hoplite3lancer.

**only 1-2 of highlander skills have issues on mount otherwise its fine.
**doppel cyclone umounts you when used.

1 Like

I vote for this as well if you really want Cata3 in your build. I could swap out Sw2 for HL1 though it would’ve been nice if we can use Cross Guard with any 2h weapon including 2h spears.

Haven’t really seen one in-game nor have tried it myself but it seems good on paper.

This one is really good too if you can give up Cata3 for more DPS from HL and Hop.

Sw3 > Hop1 > Cata3 > Lancer or Sw3 > Cata1 > Hop3 > Lancer?

First builds got more mobility than second build, Hop3 builds can’t run when you mount companion (that mean your lose movespeed that every sw can do)

But second build got more Critical and AOE (no block because you using 2H spear when playing lancer and initiate was already nerf due to remove self block when using it)

It depend on your choice … need to play first , If me? I sure choice cata3, Rush pretty good combo with Initiate and Faster moving speed for PVE was pretty good !

Nah… On paper it sounds alright. However, you don’t want to unmount as a cata3, you lose trot…

If you go highlander 2-3 you need to go hoplite… it has better synergy that way…

Please, don’t go sword 2… There’s absolutely nothing you need from sw2… Unless you can’t afford/farm Gazing Golem.

if you want to pve mostly, forget about cata… It’s weak. Only really good skill is trot but you give up a lot of DPS for it… depends on what you want… Rush isn’t too bad but it’s pretty weak all things considered.

The options you have for swxhop2cata3lancer build are: sw2, sw1pelt1, or sw1highlander1
Which one will you take? I’ll rather have the sw2 really…

It’s personal preference, I guess.

In my humble opinion though, Pelt is better. I know you cant use pelt skills without a shield… You can just swap, it’s very easy and you get swash which, to me, is a lot more valuable in PVE than 5 secs of PB when you have Gazing Golem.

That’s just me though, I don’t mind swapping.

When you swap back, swashbuckling effects will be gone it’s also been a topic on corsair farming builds.
But with sw2’s restrain + Giant Wood Goblin card you can have pseudo glass mole effect effect while restrain lasts.

only the HP increase effect goes away when you swap. Unless the taunt also goes away and I haven’t noticed because once you taunt, the enemies will come towards you anyway. I will do a bit more testing.

Wouldn’t it be better to just use Glassmole though? Considering restrain has a very high CD and how hard that would be to pull it off. It wouldn’t work on bosses either, I guess.

For some reason I never thought of dropping Sw3 to Sw2 and picking up an extra rank of Hoplite. Thanks for the advice guys, I think I’m going to go Sw2 > Hop 2 > Cata3 > Lancer, doesn’t sound too bad. :smiley:

It used to be Sword3 or just Sword1 befure Gazing Golem card came.