Tree of Savior Forum

Lag on NA Klaipeda has gotten worse recently

Please fill in as much as you can :

Date and Time(Please, specify the timezone) : 2016, 09 03

Server Name:Klaipeda

Team Name:KuRiPi

Character Name:

Bug Description :
General lag has progressively gotten worse over the months. Symptoms are all typical of bad ping, such as ‘rubberbanding’, false reporting of character in-space location, and command inputs not registering with occasional animation follow through but no actual results.

Just the other day, my character had died probably around 15 times before I just stopped playing out of frustration. Earlier today my character died at the hands of mobs about 17 levels below because I could not respond to their attacks.

I have tried shutting off programs I run to monitor network traffic (net security) to see if it has done anything to improve connectivity and there was no change. I also checked file integrity and redownloaded via Steam and then reupdated ToS on startup.

I’m pretty sure it’s not hardware related since I’m experiencing ‘rubberbanding’ but I did reduce the settings anyway. No change to the lag.

Steps to reproduce the issue :

1. log in
  2. play

Screenshots / Video :
(attach screenshots or videos regarding the bug)

Game Control Mode (Keyboard/Joypad/Mouse) :

System

• CPU : AMD Phenom II x 4, 3.2 Ghz
  • RAM : 8 GB
  • Graphics Card : Radeon HD 79xx
  • Mainboard : ASUS
  • Storage : 2TB HDD, 60GB SSD
  • Internet Connection : Cable 50MBps
  • Country, Region : USA

Posting a follow up. The latency issues had got progressively worse up until maintenance for 10/16, after which connectivity appears to be largely fine.