Tree of Savior Forum

Lack of Wiz weapons

I know we use magic and all, and our items are Staffs and Rods, subs are Daggers, Shield.

But i feel that there is more variety of weapons and combinations from other classes. ( im most likely wrong )

Point here is should there be an open bored on us getting Tomes/Grimoire (like books) , magic pistol, Wands, Orbs.

Would like to see some ideas on different weapons for all classes.

Wizards can use Maces, Swords, Rods, Staffs, Daggers, Shields.

That is 1 more than Clerics can use.

cant really uses swords and maces tbh, like check if im wrong but even with the sword you still cast your att, that att is based on MK Att, if using the sword just a lower MK Att because the lack of it on the weapon.
Same thing with mace, because of the cast its not really an boost of anything, sure a mace can have some Magic related stat boost but it will be weaker overall to a staff or rod, the mace carries the Phys Att on it what is not being used.

cleric has no exclusive weapons (unless you count voodoo dolls which arent really a weapon.) i just hope lama gets a bo staff.

well, “can use” isn’t necessarily the same as “good/useful idea” xD

there -is- the Wizard Blade or something like that, which has a pretty good Matk score for its level…

but that would be… a staff… which clerics can’t use.
i mean i don’t hate the idea (honestly i can’t see why clerics are restricted from staves in the first place…) it just goes against mechanics is all.

I can see two effects that could be useful for left hand in Wiz (let’s say Books and Orbs, just for the examples) :

• Books : bonus sp regen could be nice in pve
  • Orbs : scaling damage on INT, making the stat more useful for Orbs users

So we would have choice between :

• tanking (shield > block with con/physical def),
  • fixed damage (arde dagger etc),
  • scaling damage on INT (useless for CON builds, useful for INT builds/giving more credits to INT),
  • bonus sp regen (but no def/no dmg)

Could be used by priest too. I don’t see any other utility on subweapon for this classes… a cd reduction will be obviously too op, and aoe attack ratio is already provided by staves.

no a Bo-staff, its different from a staff, a staff is magical, a bo staff isnt

A book isn’t a bad idea.Maybe as a weapon cover/cosmetic?

1 Like

yea but a non-magical staff is still a staff, same as a magical staff is still a staff.

i like the idea of a book as an offhand weapon though
or maybe even mainhand

or better yet, both.

I ENLIGHTEN THEE! BOOK CLAP! -slam both sides of enemy head with giant books-

a bo staff is actually just called a bo, not a bo staff, its just said a bo staff bcuz it looks ike a staff. a wizard wouldnt be able to use a bo staff, but a monk would

yea but regardless of what you call it… it’s STILL a type of staff.

this would mean making an entirely new category of weapons

containing a single weapon

plus rewriting the base code of cleric

so that a SINGLE SUBCLASS can use this new category of weapons.

…in short, it’s just completely impractical, in programming terms.

fencer is a single subclass

and its not a single wepaon

theres bo staff, jo staff,and hanbo staff.

it wont be rewriting the base code of cleric, its just ading in a new type of weapon

its different than a staff, wiz staffs increase your magic attack, bo staffs will increase physical attack and will be used for lama attacks.

ok, and so is musketeer. valid point.

but those classes both introduce completely new weapons that other classes do not use.
and a staff is still a staff.

besides, when you get right down to it, “lama” is more of a spiritual thing, not a melee warrior.
then again, that would be true of “monk” also, but look at the monks we have in game.

a staff is still a staff yes , but a bo staff isnt the type of staff that wizards use.
its like saying a cannon gun (the thing cannoners use?) is like a pistol.