Tree of Savior Forum

Kundela Slash Does Not do AoE?

So, was there a faulty patch for iTOS or a change to kundela slash from featherfoot? It no longer does AoE damage like in kToS.

Here you can see a linked pack that has way more than 8 hits of damage, but now, only ngadhundi has this effect and kundela is purely single target.

Just feels wasteful at this point to use it to farm with featherfoot 2 now.

kundela slash never do an aoe effect the “bone knife” skills of FF have a knife aoe (like 1) the only way to do masive target damage is decreasing the aoe deff of the mob or geting a loot of aoe attk ratio. (long time ago i use to equip items like buvble fighter gloves only to get aoe attk ratio and made more usefull my FF build, but no one understood the point of increase the aoe attk ratio on wizz class.

Do you know about hangman’s knot aoe attack ratio debuff?

Do you know how aoe attack ratio works?

you dont really have to with hangman’s knot aoe attack ratio debuff,

I would only recommend having more aoe attack ratio if you are playing with a falconer c3 or if you have a wiz 3 linker for magic missile and JP combo.

edit: doppels and swordsman’s with skills that have AOE attack ratio which thus limits maximum number of targets should also get more AOE attack ratio if they want.

Kundela slash seems to ignore AoE attack/defense ratio mechanics. I have 4 AoE attack ratio, I can shrink 4 medium size mobs to bring them down to 1. If AoE attack/defense ratio was was working I should hit all 4 if they are stacked on each other, but I only get 1 hit.

Same with the AoE defense reduction from hangman’s knot. With the attribute enabled or disabled I still only get 1 hit with that damage sent to linked targets, but no additional hit from kundela slash.

The video OP posted clearly showed kundela slash hitting multiple targets otherwise only 8 damage numbers would pop up, so there is something different between iToS and kToS versions. We just don’t know if the difference is intentional.

Well, fortunately, hangman’s knot reduces AoE def to 0. So that’s not it.

@ResonantSoul

Yes, I am quite aware of what AoE attack ratio is, you have 4 by default as a wizard. Regardless of that, kundela slash seems to only be single target on iToS, yet on kToS it’s not.

Do you know how kundela slash works?

Atm it seems to be doing two different things depending on kToS and iToS. This behavior on iToS I have confirmed with a friend testing and myself.

My question is why it does not behave as it does on the video posted, and is it bugged in korea or on international servers?

i dont know how its working today the ff build. but before was to slow farmer, if u have to wait every linker cd to kill a bunch of mobs. with a bit o aoe u can farm a loot more faster, specially with blood bath because that skill have a little more aoe ratio and give more life untill more monster are bleeding

Kundela is aoe but you have to be fast since it’s in a little square and you have 3 seconds after hangman to do it.

If you jump after swell you have around 1 second to cast kundela.

2 Likes

Thanks, the window is shorter than I expected.

I see what you mean now, I just tested with my FF2.

From what I can gather, I think it might be working as intended. As in the damage dealt is correct but not shown. If you deal x amount of damage to your jped mobs, where x is roughly equal or < mobs’ hp, then the full 8 lines of damage will show when combo is done correctly.
However if x>>>>mob’s hp, then it will only show a few lines of damage and not the full damage dealt probably because the mob dies before the all the hits are dealt. This property of the game, I am not sure if it is intended, but the damage is done right.
This means that in video, x is close enough to mob’s HP then you will see the full number of hits.

This is in ktos server.

jump cancel swell body and you will be fine.

Its works the same in itos and ktos.

I still didn’t get it, can you guys help me? I’m doing the swell body jump cancel thing and using kundela right after but still getting single target hits

do you have hangman’s knot aoe attack ratio debuff? how long does your hangman’s knot last?
You need to attack the mobs within the duration of your debuff. look at video above.

1 Like

Like he said, if your hangman’s knot end like if it only lv 1… The aoe defense reduction attribut debuff will also end.
Meaning you will hit only 1 target but also if you aren’t fast enoug to do the full combo it will be the same and you will hit only 1 target.

Kundela slash seem to have a fixed aoe ratio of 1 hitting 1 target what so ever except hangmanknot reduce the aoe defense to 0. Circling should do the same.

1 Like

Wow, now I’m really hitting that damage, thanks for the help, guys :smiley: