Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v5.0

I had no expectations for Luchador, so I am pleasantly surprised at how it seems like a really fun class. I just hope Imc doesn’t forget to make it work with controller mode lol.

As for the master quests, they seem a lot more interesting than the current minigames some classes have. Though of course, we don’t really know what these quests require just yet. Now here’s hoping most - if not all - classes eventually get them as time goes on. Would be really nice to get the costumes some class masters use…

It’s another barehand job from swordsman’s class, like Nakmuay (MuayThai, martial artist job)

Male Luchador animation is literally Cena’s “you can’t see me” ROFL…

wow, i’m so hyped with this new swordman class, any news
?

No more slow when using dragoon’s helmet?? for real??

And epee garde keeps having that stupid pierce damage restriction that totally prevents rapier class from working with anything else (while still lacking a third rapier class to begin with, or even just something with enough pierce damage skills that can be used with a rapier).
And that’s despite being nerfed to the same values of sharp spear…that has no damage restriction instead. But yeah, keep at it…

I’m hoping this is bad translations but everything I see suggests shield attack effectively went from 15% to 12% (and that’s if you wear 2 shields and forsake your defence) and we lost the 30% additive conversions on things like Butterfly/Langort/Shooting Star.

Did strike shield builds get worse in this patch somehow?

1 Like

Conversion ratio is still the same. Damage-wise (with extreme shield strike on, losing alot of defenses), Rod/Murm are slightly stronger with their vaivoras, and slightly weaker without. Pelta alone is weaker in all cases, even with its vaivora. Nak in this build is the same in terms of damage (must use shield + dagger with extreme shield strike on, which is the same as shield + shield), but still forces you to use his vaivora, so one would have to choose between Rod and Murm vaivoras. I still think all builds are stronger in the end, but only slightly.

15B Solcomm and 31B Tini I’ve had better results on Pelt than Rode with Murm+Nak.
Shooting Star takes far too much setup to minmax. It feels clunky and the low SFR is killed by lack of final damage.

Someone did point out that the attribute may have 5 levels like most of them do which would put it to 15% shield attack or 30% with extreme attribute. I think that’s a decent change.

I think Rode will be about the same post patch with its +100% final; the lines on the vaivora are still bad (weaker even than Pelt) and the loss of a 35% shield attack from VV and 30% from violence in favor of 100% final still sounds… mediocre. Rodelero is lacking multi hits and utility in its kit that a moderate change to shield shoving doesn’t solve.

1 Like

Montano is shield skill now, so it benefits from shield attack attributes (+shield def into attack) and Vakarine set (-20% CD and the damage increases, both the permanent one and the increased one upon blocking), so this is a great boost. Shield Push also changed to 5 levels only instead of 15 and reduced to 1 overheat with SFR compensations, while the damage increase debuff is increased from +15% to +25% but only works on strike skills now, so this is a great utility change IMO. Those two changes help him significantly. Shooting star conversion is down from 85% (arts + vaivora) to 20%, but it now has 100% final damage from vaivora, so I think it should be around the same spot. Rodelero is definitely the star of those changes. Murmillo is only better if you have the vaivora. Pelta should be slightly weaker damage-wise. Hoplite’s final damage effect still not restricted to pierce-type damage, right? If yes, than Hoplite should be better than Pelta, like rod-murm-hop with spear + shield and spear + dagger

Something I would like to point out is that murmillo’s vaivora lv4 effect has a 30s CD. I suppose that this CD is probably not affected by vakarine set CD reduction or CD reduction effects. Maybe even the damage dealt by the butterflies from this effect is not affected by vakarine set. Only future tests will answer those questions.

30% shield attribute just put the same conversion as what we have now.
Now = 15% of shield total def on main, so you use 2nd slot 2h/1h+dagger
Soon = 30% but only if both slot shield. so 15% if using 2nd slot 2h/1h+dagger

You still want 2nd slot 2h/1h+dagger for hoplite or nak/lucha.
Meanwhile nak/lucha without provoke wrath prolly not worth going with shield class anymore.

SFR just balanced with increase of cd so no actual increase. This patch sukk, have to wait til Thursday if they adjust the SFR or something.

so basically shield become a must in shield class and if someone extra class like goon,nak or any cant be benefit of shield we lose dps on that class example one nak/murmi vs nak/barb you can see the difference xD ofc you win a extra def but lose base atk ,shield class solve that with the new attribute and get extra dmg

KTest patch moving to KToS, did they change anything?

Also, more TP packs.

It’s probably just me, but with how long it has been since we last received proper class balance changes (like, since May when IMC was busy cleaning after their botched Common Class plans), I’m disappointed by the changes, was expecting a lot more.

Time to tone down expectations for Cleric and Sadhu (presumably) next month.

1 Like

does basic attack nak suk?

"Damage is applied based on final attack damage, not base attack damage."

Is it good or bad? I didn’t undertand ‘-’

:hey:

aka attack you gain from relic now can increase add damage.

IMC games made TOS becoming a truly P2W game. A really ■■■■ game. No metter you use the ichor or get more exchange coin. You still need to pay a lots money.

1 Like