Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v5.0

RiP SR/BM

2 Likes

RIP Corsairā€™s dagger masteryā€¦ gonna miss you.
And brutality is getting EVEN more buffedā€¦nice!

lol I thought it was good that they decreased BM skills a bit, many of them were almost never used and had little use, in general I think it was a good patch and in the comments the Koreans mostly liked it too
this is the first time I hear about the built bm and sr in the game they always told me that the two do not combine together because of some skills of bm u.u
and I hope that these new weapons will help classes that donā€™t have a weapon with exclusive effect yet and I also hope that something different comes out that is not even more healing buff for the cleric

In the Legend version, the very strong Glacierā€™s power, difficult gimmicks , and Legend-class gear await the saviors .

sayonara varnaaaa~

lol just because i started buying my set now u.u just hope there isnā€™t much difference in strength

new unique raid that also award title? Does this mean it will be godly difficult? Also since unique raid can be re enter as many time as you wanted, will IMC change this as well?

I think not, irc unique crow come a month before the legend one and also rewarded an unique title.

I really donā€™t like the direction thatā€™s taken for the endgame. Currently, food is the only way for half the classes that donā€™t have high HP to be able to participate in raids unless you have perfect ichors and full CON build. This will force you to make a build you may not like but which is the only way to do those raids.

2 Likes

Before both of you dwell further in the numbers.

The effect of increasing the HP and reducing the HP recovery time of the placement table will be excessive and we will adjust it. We will also lower the damage from major raid. To make it able to continue a raid without a burden, Squire food buffs will retain even after death.

8 Likes

I have always found some food buffs excessively strong and lasting 30 min much stronger than certain support skills that have countdown and mana consumption but as always some do not want to think and always want the easiest option

This is good to know. If they rebalance ā€œunavoidableā€ damage, then the change is fine, even more if the buff is not removed if you die. Thatā€™s neat.

Problem is that food buffs are percentile based, so you make your overpowered swordsman even more overpowered. How can you do compete vs a swordie that has 500k hps when youā€™re a wizard with 150k hpsā€¦

We need rewards for every people participating in any kind of PvE content since the launch of this game, they changed the way itā€™s working but itā€™s clearly not enough. The game litterally tells you that the most important thing is not participating but being in the top DPS parties to receive rewards on Field Bosses. That kind of outdated system in a PvE content shouldnā€™t exist. Any DPS build is already trying to reach the best DPS to optimize time, and most of ā€œhardestā€ content cannot be done without enough DPS, so why would you punish players for not having enough survavibility/DPS for a content giving the said survavibility/DPS ?

End game progression is devoided of logic in ToS.

10 Likes

survivability more like hp,def, healing, dodging, blocking and dps like attack,aspd,crit chance,crit dmg,block pen.just to make it clear that survivability><dps

its like common nature of mmos where only DPS can shine in ranked stuff and get rewards
at the end of day the game is about killing monster or other player
kinda make it feels like no room for survivability or support focus to shine
only in party stuffs like raid or tbl alike but then the trophy will still goes to the dps instead

its also rather hard to create content to test out survivability or supportability, make them compete against another
like what? a test to how much hoard of mobs we can deal till we die,how long we can protect and heal an npc, how much hit we dodge, etc and all of that stuffs without the need to kill mobs otherwise its gonna be another DPS stuff all over again and we should know that by focusing on survivability or support the drawback is lower dps so its another room for DPS to strive again cause they can kill fast or hit hard

even our uphill defense in the end is all about how fast you can kill mobs and the hidden boss in VH rather than a place for blue classes like paladin with barriers, qs with pavise, cryo with ice wall to shine, no.you will end up collecting fire crystal and enhancing attack as priority in mid hahaha

thats why for most content they give RNG as reward through cubes,randomized amount of loot, randomized loot not based on dps to make support/tank/cc or any other non-dps not envy of dps cause he got all the goodies. we all together face the RNGesus.

7 Likes

I think they are already partly aware of this since in this yearā€™s roadmap they intend to diversify activities not related to grind or killing bosses.

itā€™s funny everyone comes here to talk about how the IMC does everything wrong, but not give examples of how to improve is like Teok said what in a game ā€œlike the vast majority of mmorpgsā€ of ā€œkilling monstersā€ can a healer or tanker shine, what activity would be ideal? and would that be fun?

2 Likes

I donā€™t know why everyone insults IMC, Iā€™m new and Iā€™m having fun.
The only things annoying me are some bugs, like Chaplain being completely useless
But itā€™s a good game to chill, I know it has a pretty intense endgame but going around killing enemies and throwing skills here and there, itā€™s nice for relaxing after a day of work.
And cute costumes are ruining my economy but eh.

5 Likes

We canā€™t know for sure if it is some sort of community issue or even if IMC is censoring things on their own (which i donā€™t want to believe as the case), but there were several attempts to give proper critique, feedback and suggestions on how to improve the game, fewer the cases related to improving combat as a whole. Iā€™ll leave this old event suggestion of mine as an example (beware, itā€™s long), unfortunately the linked thread that gave it context was deletedā€¦

Thereā€™s a difference between insults, complaints and critiques. Insults are passional and donā€™t contribute to anything. Complaints are statements that show your disapproval, expecting it to be addressed (as stating an issue). Critique is an evaluation of elements using an informed criteria, something similar to a complaint but focused more on finding out why it works or doesnā€™t so it can propose alternatives.

Most of the players that complain about the game are veterans or niche type of players, they had more than enough time to play and ā€œreplayā€ the game, and then form opinions on it. The perspective is different for new players as the amount of content available is huge when compared to the content experienced, and if the overall experience is pleasant, it will be (likely) perceived as positive just for being a new thing.

Itā€™s just a matter of perspective, time and experience. Iā€™m always happy to hear someone is having fun playing the game and i hope that last long, itā€™s just that many of us canā€™t have that anymore and want it to be better and fun again.

10 Likes

I donā€™t think a lot of people ā€œinsultā€ IMC, there are just issues with the game that need to be addressed: bugs to fix, pve/pvp to rebalance, ā€¦ Simple UI bugs like name not being displayed properly under the character which should be EVIDENT to anyone developing the game and spending at least a few seconds playtesting are not immediately fixed and you need to send multiple tickets with videos describing the problem and wait multiple months to get a fix (or not).

For new players, apart from the aforementioned ā€œvisibleā€ bugs, you wonā€™t see the problems until you reach the endgame. Iā€™m currently leveling up a healer because I donā€™t have one, Iā€™m through half the main questline and without any DPS skill Iā€™m still storming through the content killing mobs, bosses and demon lords alike with basic attacks using the Kedorian free stuff. So yeah you can have fun with anything early on. But reach episode 12, get your free episode 11 equipment, and if you didnā€™t make a specific build or start spending all your playtime grinding for ā€œbest of the bestā€ equipment, you will go nowhere. And the worse part is that episode 12 is not the last, so you will probably have to do all this again in the near future.

cuz they mostly care about overpricing gatchas, adn eu are far behind ktosā€¦ ktos have update every 2-3 weeks we every 2-3 months??

A lot of the reason insults are thrown around is because people have been here awhile and passed the threshold for how much theyā€™re willing to tolerate.

Thereā€™s just really strange counter-intuitive ideas and so many other things in between. Thereā€™s been many critiques and requests, and they arenā€™t all great ideas, but it isnā€™t like there arenā€™t any.

The only answer to creating tanks and buffing defensive support options is an answer no one wants, which is nerfing dps and defense to the point that fights become less of a race and more like an attrition war, because people value the time and energy that went into their dps and gears.
And thereā€™s nothing wrong with feeling that at all (especially with the rng required), but itā€™ll have to change for them to be made significant ideas again.

And imo, the DPS of Savior alternative is turning the tanks and def. support into dps buffers, like how they did with Paladin.
ā€¦Only better designed, I hope.

6 Likes

are bosses demons? I was in doubtā€¦