Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

I agree on this point quite a bit, but I think res/rev being in any other tree as well (chrono’s is so bad it’s nearly unusable so I’m deliberately ignoring it) would help balance a lot.

Revive is just too core when dying matters (any “difficult” PVE content or any PVP content at all).

1 Like

In balancing, the term “viable” holds different meaning to each different player. To some players, a class being viable means it is able to compete with the top meta in certain areas or close to the top. To others, being viable means the class isn’t neutered to a state where it takes a tremendous amount of effort just to reach what other classes can do normally without much effort.

What IMC wants (or rather what most game devs want) is not the former, but the latter. There will surely be best classes/characters/builds in any game and meta chasers will forever chase after such builds, no matter how balanced the classes/characters/builds are.

What the devs can do is to shrink down the gap between the top builds and the bottom rung. So that there will be no builds that are too over the top that it is either those builds or no contest, nor builds that are so weak they wouldn’t even be considered. This is one of the reasons why IMC chose to risk introducing a Re:build of ToS. The current version we play now is hard to balance without reworking most parts of the game.

11 Likes

Don’t forget that heal tiles can be stolen by certain important bosses with Reversi, while Priest heals can not.

I also feel like Re:build offers something of a sense of compromise to player builds. I’ll use the Zealot as an example. Everyone knows that Krivis/Zealot/Monk is probably going to be the best DPS option for Zealot, but now you cannot take one circle in Kabbalist anymore in order to have full SP all the time, nor can you invest in SPR in order to solve those SP issues when using Blind Faith (or werewolf form for those physical druids)

Maybe a Zealot might choose some quality of life and sustainability over having their auras up longer. They might choose to sacrifice Krivis for Kabbalist, or even druid in order to have an animal transform for more crit rate. Or maybe they’d drop Monk from the build and use a 1-handed mace instead of a 2-hander to trade damage for playability. Previously you could fit all of these things into a single build if you wanted.

Bullet Markers might have no reason to take Wugushi anymore for Zhendu and instead start using enchant fire scrolls again. OR they choose to stick with Wugushi and maybe even max out Zhendu, and use more STR gears to take advantage of a slower more musketeer-esque poison playstyle.

It will make certain builds have a bit more specialty. I just hope that they update the game’s difficulty to reflect the NEED for this level of specialty.

That’s something that bothers me in the current game, both Cleric 2 (as divine might is a buff amplifier) and Kabbalist 1 are the best fillers for a huge array of builds due a single skill and no other class can compete (aside Priest that comes with 2.5 skills that won’t be used at all). At least with the new system this SP sustain (if kept) will weight more on class choice.

Theres a few things that “could” happen depending on the interpretation of the announcement…

1.- Some class could be “rearranged” to other base clases
2.- With “reinforce the role and the purpose”, could mean that each class will offer a specific “role”, i would guess damage dealer, debuffer, buffer, healer, CC… could be more idk…
3.- Going back with another dev blog, where they said that they will tone down the cleric dmg, it could mean that going with point 1 and 2 that some dps class of cleric could be “rearranged” to another base class…

Going with all together, they maybe can put support class of wiz to cleric, and cleric dps to the rest of classes… Also it may depend of the new base class, mi bet is it will be a “complement” of swordman, taking the new class and current swordy, mi theory is that one will get swords and mace and the other will get spear and shields…

So basically anything could happen with RE:build

This is just a theory and by no means it means that it will be like that :V

Just letting you all know. Don’t expect to see the way class ranks currently are as what they will be when this change comes. Many skills are getting changed in terms of synergy, % values, possibly levels(point allocation), and skills (may be removed/replaced).

The standards you hold now on certain ranks will not be the case after this change.

4 Likes

For all we know, they could be merging cleric and priest into one class. I know it is fun to speculate but right now we are information starved.

1 Like

We can only hope it will turn out this way and IMC doesn’t just increase the % dmg modifier of lower ranked attack skills and says to themselves “LOL PERFECTLY BALANCED NO FURTHER ADJUSTMENTS NEEDED”.

It will. That’s the only reason why they are having such a hard time making the blog post and trying to give us exact info.
However that isn’t to say some skills will only be getting a % change

This ‘Re:Build’ needs to be three-fold to make any sense.

1.) Class/Stat Re:Build - as already posted
2.) Infrastructure Re:Build - Netcode and game performance
3.) PVP Re:Build - GVG / TBL / Gemstone adjustments, new PVP modes

Anything less would be missing the target and won’t result in recovering the game’s population. This has to be drastic to make any impact.

Also, they have to actually market it. Spend some of that Gacha money on web adds and go nuts on social media.

Information leaked.

http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?news=209927&site=tos&fbclid=IwAR1sRrQa1GlFmnlOSOjQdHwKt_B2incuz3y8rNuNPzUZ7_iriPUtBVFjK-g

This class called “Royal Templar” and it is different from “Templar” that already exist in ToS.

This has been corrected. It’s not Royal Templar, but actually Templar Manager.

1 Like

So, sounds like that debunked a new class. Hope so! We don’t need a Royal Templar. We need a true Templar in this Re:Build, imho.

1 Like

With re:build in mind I hope they pass guild skills to the leader of the guild and not force players to pick Templar as one of their 3 classes.

2 Likes

This was not really inspired by MOBAs - more vice versa, MOBAs were inspired by role playing games.

This is getting interesting :smiley:

With the royal templar manager, i could guess that they will implement “master” classes…

Now, the announcement said 560 combinations…

This is just another theory…
So…
class-> master
Swordman
Highlander->Doppelsoeldner
Peltasta->Rodelero
Catapharct->Lancer
Hoptile->Dragoon
Templar->Royal Templar
Corsair>Retiarius
Fencer>Matador
Barbarian>Murmillo (this one is for reference, i know it doesnt have too much logic)

with shinobi and/or nak with hidden, and dead squire :v

Now, with the idea that you can only have access to master class with the requisite of previous class, AND you can only pick 1 hidden… we get the 560 posible options :V

It’s almost sure it won’t happen, plus having this kind of pathing in ToS will either be clunky or restrict the system as a whole. What could be done however is having 1 out of 2 or 3 classes that will unlock a specific class.

Ex: Murmillo is blocked unless the build has Peltasta, Rodelero or Hoplite.

560 combinations, not classes, for swordsman

Ty for the typo :smiley:

Also… it could be interesting to have a combination of 2 classes to get access to a third one as in pelt-rode to get murm… interesting… or maybe HL + barb to get dopel…

Again… this is just mere speculations

That wouldn’t work honestly, the more restrictions to class access the less diversity the game will have and that’s not what they want.

yeah…

Also, with the 560 combinations i got that it could be 9 classes to choose + 1 hidden, and that also got me 560 combinations…

either way… a bunch of things could happen… most important is that new classes will be a lot easier to implement…

With this i will stop for a while… but theres also a chance that they will release fewer classes that we currently have, and later they will reincorporate them with a rework… :smiley:

1 Like