Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v3.0 LOL

I too actually liked Pelt-Rode-Murm gameplay, but that ridiculous helm is a big no for me too. I was really hopeful with Dragoon but then they added the helm, so nope.

They’re even killing the dress up game lmao. Murm/Goon Helm + Formal suit = Nope

lol epic fall
http://www.inven.co.kr/board/tos/4198/79140

New weapon with 60 70 80+ stats
str 68 dex 23 int 82

str77 con 62 int 56 spr 26 dex 60

THsword str 86 con 28
bow str 73

really hate this game :sob:

5 Likes

Are there any Block penetration stats too?

Yes there is block penetration.

Nice! that’s what tbl players wanted.

It’s interesting to see that some of the randomized gear is going to be able to outclass the new crafted gear. Though all of the examples are two handed, so I’m not sure what kind of max values a one handed weapon can see.

I’m not really sure, it depends on the power of anvil enhancmant which is not that great on blue gear. But yes cheap gears at lvl 350 are still pretty good compared to actual end game gear, there’s no surprise here.

Btw guys, if you have any picture or video of a MALE Matador please, it seems ToS is full of virgin heterosexual or lesbian people :tired:.

1 Like

It is possible to get multiple stats on armour too, got it recently on robe:

+30 SPR
+30 STR
+26 INT

@symkensaki

1 H weapons can get around +10 ~ +70 stats, have seen this (Green symbol is +STATS).

+51 DEX crossbow

Click for image

Example low bad roll on sword (+17 INT)

Click for image

edit +58 CON 1H sword

Click for image

Currently don’t have any 1H weapon with multi stats to show.

3 Likes

Are you telling me you can roll SIX pure stats (green) on weapons, and 4-5 pure stats on armors?!
How stupid/broken/OP is that?! I thought you couldn’t roll more than 2-3 green stat on an item, this breaks the itemization completely, you can hypotetically go for pure STR/DEX/CON gear on everything :tired:
Clerics are gonna be happy since they can make use somehow of every stat, it will be like having Super Ultra Max Petamions/Solmiki Medals on 5-6 item slots…

You can only roll each + stat once, so at most you could get +STR, +DEX, +CON, +INT, +SPR on an item.
Having +STR, +STR, +STR on a single item would be quite something, but it is impossible.

Yeah that I understand, still you could roll 50str/dex/con/int/spirit on every piece (weapon, armor, legs, gloves, boots) you could get a whopping +250 str +250 dex +250 con, +250 int, +250 spr in total… that’s broken imho. :frowning:
For characters who don’t build heavily into stats like crit rate/aoeratio that’s insane (and I think you can still get them too right?) also, Clerics are able to make a use of every stat, even if their build core abilities are either physical or magical, that’s totally broken (Wizards on the other hand, do not) :frowning:
The gears from the new raid dungeon require 2 practo+materials and will still come short compared to a good rolled one, honestly this shows how lazy DEVs are to make some good items themselves and they’re leaving it all to pure RNG and players’ luck.

We don’t know the odds of that happening, but to be honest it would keep people interested in the game and boost its replay value since you may get that godlike drop to happen.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be so surprised if they nerf the new Weapon/Armor random stat system if that’s the case. :neutral_face:

It isn’t that easy to get a good rolled orange equipment, more so with so many good stats. It is a way to promote players to grind and farm more as players will get a chance to further upgrade their gear if the RNG goddess shines upon them. Having a 5 stat equipment is like 2-3% of the drop, most of the drops I’ve got in ktest are like 1-3 stats.

I reckon that unless one is extremely lucky, getting a 5 stat orange gear with good and relevant stats, will on average require more time and effort than making a 2practo gear from the 330dg. So much RNG is involved, on top of the gear type dropped we still need RNG on:

• Grade of gear
  • Number of Stats
  • Color category of each stat
  • Which stat rolled
  • High or low roll for stat

That said, I’m kind of glad that they diversify the equipment, with the new changes good roll HG gears are competing directly with practo equipment for BiS, much better than now where they are treated like 2nd tier.

8 Likes

Diablo item system seems like a great step in the right direction unless they really mess up the frequency. But…

Despite all the nice upgrades they’re doing to the loot systems. The loot doesn’t seem all that important for finishing the content. The requirement to finish is more have good build, party with people with good builds. Get an even level weapon and shove shards in it. There isn’t a point PvE wise to bother getting great gear.

edit: cut fatty rant

Indeed, great items need to be tested on tough mobs and bosses to gain satisfaction.

At the moment, the game engine is just outdated,
similar games like lost ark is coming and its battle is much dynamic and smooth. ToS have to find way to improve battle mechanics, the current design is just power creeping or emphasize dps race

1 Like

Or you could just do alt -z (weapon swap ) after wearing helm . This would remove the helmet visual while retaining it’s buff

Edit : someone mentioned that already xD

You forgot type of gear. What benefit is it to me if I get a good leather armor if I need a cloth one? Or I need pants but all I get are gloves (not to mention the weaponry/subweaponry).

They are better because they require less dedication and less luck, + you can get the base stats you need directly (cloth comes with SPR&INT, leather with DEX and STR, plate with STR and CON) without having to reroll x times. It’s also guaranteed unique grade, so the average defence values are better.
Sure, they are nothing like the Vikrus boots they showcased (with useful side effects), but they are a cheap way to gear properly & farm more efficiently.

I also expect better gears to come with more challenging content, but these random stats on gears surely make them worth to exchange for the gears which are still stat-locked.

I’m curious as to how would this affect the drop rate of random stat unidentified items

Looting Chance

Is this implemented on kTOS now?

I actually suggested random stats long time ago somewhere in the forum, and mentioned the issue of the game too linear, and lack of dynamic contents (gvg/itemization/combat/etc).

Random stats is easy development solution to making dynamic itemization, while develop more items will cause them more resources in develop and testing which they proved to us they can’t, and on top of add more value to the hunting ground feature. What is the next thing is, I hope there are more monster gems or even introduce boss gems to actually modify your basic attack, auto trigger or particular low rank classes’ skill. For example, 3% to cast lv1 icebolt on basic attack will benefits enchanter2 very much.
OR gems that only able to equip in weapon to bring back special Audra/Ignition/Temere feature.
^ All this will create dynamic and flexible gameplay with little developer resources maintenance

A dynamic content will generate more combination of outcomes that will keep players engaged or interested long time itself, which also save developers time by being pushed too much.

GvG/TBL also should be part of the dynamic contents, because players will generate the unpredictable content themselves, unfortunately either the game engine or the class system itself too difficult for balancing caused it to fail big time.